New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy From NE Ohio. Never Owned A Ford Before!! I have the craziest rides tho.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 05:19 PM
BadRabbit

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Welcome to the forum!

Nice LS Sorento lol! Never thought I'd get to say that

Nick C.
Man you have no idea how many people have told me things like that!!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:31 PM
BadRabbit

Ooo Yup. It came with an LSD.

I ran a CompNine build sheet on my car. Great site. Gives you ALL the RPO codes and information from your VIN.

Here is mine...

Vehicle: MUSTANG 2-DR. COUPE GT
Year: 2001
Build Date: November 14, 2000
Paint Code: SU
Trim Code: X2

Code Description
AAGAF DEARBORN PLANT BUILD
AAHAB U.S. SALES
AB2AA WITHOUT APPEARANCE GROUP
ABDAA WITHOUT MILITARY RQMTS
ABFAA WITHOUT EXT APPEARANCE PACK
ABTAA WITHOUT AMBIENT TEMP/SPEED PACK
ADCAB ON BOARD DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
AEAAA WITHOUT SPECIAL LANGUAGE LABELS
AEDAB OWNER HAND BOOK PACK
B2DAF FIXED REAR SIDE WINDOW
B3NAB ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
BBHAB FRONT THROW IN CARPET FLR MATS
BCAAD SUNVISOR,SINGLE-DRV NON-ILLUM
BCBAD SUNVISOR,SINGLE-PAS NON-ILLUM
BMBAA WITHOUT EXTERIOR BODYSIDE MLDGS
BPFAB SINGLE WING REAR SPOILER
BVUAC LUMBAR SEAT SUPT-PWR L/H SIDE
BYPAC POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT ADJUST
C9LAA WITHOUT ENGINE OIL COOLER
CJRAA WITHOUT BODYSIDE ACCENT STRIPE
CLVAA WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRKT
D17AH SPARE WHEEL-MINI STEEL
D2YFN 8X17 5 SPK PAINTD/BRT FLANGE
D3KTE P245/45ZR17 BSW
D3MAB LIMIT SER/MINI SPARE TIRE
D3SAD 15 MINI SPARE TIRE
DEBAA WITHOUT IMMERSION HEATER
DWAAC HANDLING SUSPENSION
EGJAC LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE
FEAAB 4 WHL ANTI-LOCK BRAKES
FEFAB ANTI-SPIN TRACT BRAKES W/O IVD
FS00A SPORTS FRONT SEAT
GBVAF UNLEADED FUEL CAPABILITY
GPCAA WITHOUT STEERING OIL COOLER
GTAAE STEERING WHEEL-LEATHER WRAPPED
GTDAB SPEED CONTROL
HDHAB MPH/KPH SPEEDOMETER
IBAFB CDX6+ RADIO WITH 6 DISC CHGR
IBMAB NAAO RADIO FREQUENCY
IDAAH SUBWOOFER/AMP. SOUND SYSTEM
J3CAA WITHOUT SMOKERS PACKAGE
JBCAA WITHOUT DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
JBGAA WITHOUT SIDE REPEAT FLASHERS
JBKAB FRONT FOG LAMPS
JDAAD TAILLAMPS-LEVEL 3
TAALA XR33 5310 PA L/F COIL (PGF)
TACLA XR33 5310 PA R/F COIL (PGF)
TAEJM XR3C-5560-EA L/R COIL(EAR)
TAGJM XR3C-5560-EA R/RCOIL (EAR)
Old 09-18-2014, 04:33 AM
slipperman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BadRabbit
Thanks for the warn welcome. the projects are crazy but it's cool to see people open minded enough to like them too........
But of course! "Modding" is what the internet forums are for man!
When I was in high school (many moons ago), a guy in my auto shop class put a '71 Pinto body on a first generation Bronco frame.
It was dubbed "Bronto".
It had a fresh 351 Cleveland with headers.
Man that thing was fast!
One day, he was racing down the main drag, came to a corner and rolled it on it's side. Bummer.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:59 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BadRabbit
Where in PA are you from? If you are on the west side there is a sweet end of the season show here in Ohio.
Its called Fatmans Invasion https://www.facebook.com/events/312912988867337/

There are probably gonna be about 2,000 cars there. They will have drag racing too. First time at a "Fatman" event. They are normally held at the state park by the lake. However a bunch of douchbags did burnouts after being told not to MANY TIMES and passing signs that said NO BURNOUTS. They got the entire event ruined.
Now there will be a burnout competition too.

I am trying to take my .:R32 and my Mustang. I want to see what they will each do. I would love to be able to run against my own car LOL. However I dont know if my wife knows how to work the launch control.

Nice to meet a fellow Dub owner though man!
If there is anything you can tell me or suggest that would be great. I never owned a Ford before so i dont know much about this thing. What mods should i go with next, what important maintenance is there to do?

Do these come with an LSD from the factory? The prior owner put a set of Ford Racing 4.10 gears in it and it feels when going around corners and you switch the power on like it may have LSD.
We're based out of the Philadelphia area so if you're ever in the area stop on by! That sounds like it could definitely be a decent show! Nice to meet you as well, there's definitely a bunch of our sneaking around here.

I really think the Mustang would do well against the R! As per the mods that's tough! You're car is pretty well optioned and if anything I might look into Long Tube Headers and an Off Road Shorty (Full Size/Standard X pipes connect your manifolds and long Tubes would need a shorty, Sorry if you already knew!) After that I would think about the suspension. These cars highly benefit from some springs, struts, and shocks. They'll make them feel that much more poised running them through the back roads.

On the maintenance side think fuel and spark; Plugs, Plug Wires, and Filters. I'm sure you know better than I do (Young Blood here!) with some general upkeep these things will last forever! Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 09-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

Very interesting rides you have there. I'll have to admit though I'm more partial to the Stang.

Welcome.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:19 AM
BadRabbit

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
We're based out of the Philadelphia area so if you're ever in the area stop on by! That sounds like it could definitely be a decent show! Nice to meet you as well, there's definitely a bunch of our sneaking around here.

I really think the Mustang would do well against the R! As per the mods that's tough! You're car is pretty well optioned and if anything I might look into Long Tube Headers and an Off Road Shorty (Full Size/Standard X pipes connect your manifolds and long Tubes would need a shorty, Sorry if you already knew!) After that I would think about the suspension. These cars highly benefit from some springs, struts, and shocks. They'll make them feel that much more poised running them through the back roads.

On the maintenance side think fuel and spark; Plugs, Plug Wires, and Filters. I'm sure you know better than I do (Young Blood here!) with some general upkeep these things will last forever! Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
The suspension sounds like a good next spot.. It looks funny with all that wheel well gap on her. I like the idea of better handling and stance as well.
Thanks for the welcome! I will have to check out your site! See what kind of stuffs you have on there!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
BadRabbit

Originally Posted by Stang BB
Very interesting rides you have there. I'll have to admit though I'm more partial to the Stang.

Welcome.
I woudnt expect anything less on the Mustang forum! lol..

However its good to see all you guys are open minded and totally cool!

I will be 100% honest, most Mustang owners HERE where I live are arrogant, self absorbed, egotistical, douchebags. They think NO other car deserves the least bit of respect and they are JUNK. For no other real reason then "just because". If you point out a shortcomings of something they love (for example the fact that Ford douchbag maneuvered on an engine and spark plugs break off all the time in the head) they freak out on you and make all kinds of crap up about every other car. I am on an LSX Facebook page (for the Kia) and a Mustang Facebook page too... they both slam each other. Its fun to poke fun. However some people just go too far. Or get too damn offended.

A LOT of people hate my Kia swap... screw em. Ill see them at a light and make them cry HAHA.

I am glad the lot of you are not trolls! You guys are damn cool! Maybe i just filtered out the trolls with the pics of the Kia and Geo though? LOL!!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:52 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Welcome.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF
Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome