New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hailing from Clearwater, FL

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 02:42 PM
chrisarella

Cool Hailing from Clearwater, FL

Hi All. New to the boards and looking forward to my stay here. A little about me...

As the title states, I'm currently living in Clearwater, FL with my girlfriend. Kids, yes. I love my family, my cars, my friends, and my job (I get to work from home).

My Daily Driver is a 2003 Premium GT Coupe in Drk Shadow Gray Metallic and Drk Charcoal Leather Interior. I've kept the mods minimal since it is a daily driver: K&N Intake, Eibach Pro-Lowering Spring, Shock & Strut Kit, Kept the bullet wheels and added Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions, Pioneer DD Touchscreen, Viper Responder LC3 Alarm with GPS & SmartStart.

The car that has most of my love though is my Factory Five Racing Roadster, which is essentially a 1965 Shelby Cobra replica. I ordered a complete kit from the factory with Independent Rear Suspension, Halibrand wheels, and all the appearance goodies (including classic Smith gauges, chrome hoops, polished stainless sidepipes, leather roadster seats, and more). I'm planning the car to also pull daily driver duties as well so I'm outfitting it with modern components like a Coyote 5.0 (maybe aluminator), T56 Magnum, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes, Power steering, Hydroboost PB, ABS, heat/ac/defrost, and more. It will be a high-end build when complete.

Anyway, I'll probably be sourcing knowledge and parts on here for the Cobra build so I am looking forward to my time here.

Cheers, Chris
Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 09-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:35 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, those Factory Five kits seem nice. Let us know what you think of it when you get into it a ways. I'd be in interested in opinions as my notch body is rotting away from underneath me as we speak.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:37 AM
chrisarella

Thanks guys. I appreciate the warm welcome. Funny enough, my mustang just dies last night. Guess I know what I'm doing this afternoon
Old 09-18-2014, 06:43 AM
chrisarella

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Welcome to the forum, those Factory Five kits seem nice. Let us know what you think of it when you get into it a ways. I'd be in interested in opinions as my notch body is rotting away from underneath me as we speak.
I can tell you already from the craftsmanship of the chassis, the parts supplied, the work I've done so far, and from what others have done that these are some of the finest crafted Cobras you can get at any price. There is tons of support and technical info as they've been around since '96. I'd highly recommend getting one to anyone that is into working on cars and loves a project
Old 09-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the Mustang. That Factory Five project sounds pretty awesome. I've often dreamed of one. Welcome.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF....I thought about one of those Factory 5 builds....Very nice!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:19 AM
chrisarella

Thanks all for making me feel so welcome.

On a side note... a box with Ford Racing logos on it arrived yesterday. Looks like the knuckles, hubs, and bearings arrived for my FFR
Old 09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Welcome.

Quick Reply: Hailing from Clearwater, FL