New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi from Tampa Bay

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:28 AM
SpecOps-13@tampabay.rr.com

Default Hi from Tampa Bay

I bought a 2005 GT Premium, stick car last week. 47,522 miles. $12,995 plus Tax, Tag and impact fee, Dealer fee, title processing, Blah, Blah, Blah.
Ended up just under $15,000. Where the dealer had started was just over $19,000 out the door. The car itself is almost like it had never rolled off the showroom floor clean.

It wasn't however without some minor problems. So far I've sorted out the HID Headlight system so that I have both low beams. I believe the trouble with having no high beams is gonna be 2 reversed wires on each side. Both overhead lights were out, simply replaced the bulbs. The front right stabilizer bar was very loose and gave me some good price arguing points. Dealers, Dumber than Rocks some times. The door handles need to be fixed so they will return to the proper position. Beyond that, everything appears to be GTG.

Beyond that it's pretty much a clean slate. Performance White, no spoiler or hood scoop. I have already found lots of answers here, Thanks.

About Me: I do Weapon Systems Test and Evaluation, mainly AR-15, M16's.
But in dozens of Rifle and Pistol Calibers. Other than that, I'm pretty normal.

Dave in Florida
Old 09-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MF...Great to have you. I just retired after 25 years. Was in 3rd Group, but retired out of SWCS.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:47 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new Mustang and fun job.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. Mods coming soon as I get the cash flow back up. I have to sell a modified 89 Yamaha Vmax and a near show quality, low mileage, 98 Dodge Ram SS/T. Then I'll be asking about some HP and Appearance Mods for the Mustang. This forum seems like a great place to be.

Dave
Old 09-26-2014, 09:47 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Welcome, get with Boozshey as he is in the tampa area and is quite knowledgable about these cars
Old 09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Welcome, get with Boozshey as he is in the tampa area and is quite knowledgable about these cars
I will make contact with Boozshey as time goes on. I think I have to build up post numbers before I get some rights to do certain things.

Found that my car has Magnaflow Street Performance, axle back mufflers. I'll research further and see if the system was replaced any further forward.

Just getting a few minor bugs out of things and personalizing a few things at the moment. Love the car so far, it's quick but not what I consider Fast yet. That will come with time and money.

Dave
Old 09-28-2014, 01:07 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 09-30-2014, 08:01 AM

Thanx for the welcomes.

Since Boozshey hasn't been active for over a year, guess he must have moved on. I'm hooking up with some Mustang Guys at a local hangout locally. Some have shops so it may be a good start.

Now I have the high beams working but again lost the right low beam. Someday, I'll get all the Mickey Rigged stuff fixed.The car is great except for a few minor items. I'm working on that.

Dave
Old 10-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

Welcome.

Quick Reply: Hi from Tampa Bay