New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from Delaware...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 08:05 AM
BinaryFu

Default New member from Delaware...

Howdy all...new to the forums, new to Delaware and new to Mustangs as well as Fords! Wow, I'm just a total newbie!

Just recently purchased Angel Blue - a 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe with only 25,000 miles on her at the time of purchase! I couldn't believe my luck - interior is like new, exterior is like new...it's the perfect color (I think the Sonic Blue Metallic is the prettiest color ever made!) and it has been VERY obviously driven lightly (The throttle response/shift points etc made it feel like I was driving a caddy when I first got her!)

I'm a computer tech by trade, geek by nature but I come from old school muscle - one of my favorite cars I owned was a 1976 Olds Cutlass Salon, 455cid, limited slip beast that could smoke the tires all day long even from a 30mph punch.

Nowadays, I tend to keep my foot out of the accelerator most of the times (Hey, a guy's gotta have fun hitting the speed limit as quickly as possible, right?) but I do appreciate a responsive throttle and a good sounding engine.

I'm still undecided on what to do with this blue beauty, other than drive her around and enjoy the heck out of her...but if I'm going to do anything, my supposition would be:

Tune, axle back exhaust and maybe a K&N filter. I really am not a fan of the CAI's, as I feel they tend to improve *sound* but not so much real world performance - and there's a lot more I can do for $200-300 to make my car more enjoyable to drive.

As for the looks of her, well...she's beautiful to begin with (I know, I'm biased) but I'm thinking in the long run of adding:

Smoked sequential rear lights, smoked halo headlights and pretty much smoked everything - turn signals, third brake, etc.

Add to that some blue LED interior lights and perhaps some LED light bars in the footwells and I think she'll look pretty much perfect (Although I am tempted to try my hand at some welting on the door panels.)

Anyhow, any questions - feel free to fire away. I'm sure I'll have plenty to go around - especially when I hit the stage of wanting to wire some lighting into the interior - new cars are a mystery to me still.

Cheers,
Scott
Old 11-03-2014, 08:18 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome Scott, and congrats.

Check out AmericanMuscle.com for lots of aftermarket parts for your car!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:59 AM
BinaryFu

Oh trust me - AmericanMuscle.com is already in my bookmarks. Now if only I could get free parts in exchange for reviews!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:31 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default More pics plz

Welcome from coastal Texas & a blue pony owner as well!
Attached Thumbnails New member from Delaware...-tn_new-pier-pete-013.jpg  
Old 11-03-2014, 10:06 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome, glad to have you. And congrats on that Mustang.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:13 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

Welcome!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:19 PM
BinaryFu

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to checking out the forums more and getting comfy!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BinaryFu
Howdy all...new to the forums, new to Delaware and new to Mustangs as well as Fords! Wow, I'm just a total newbie!

Just recently purchased Angel Blue - a 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe with only 25,000 miles on her at the time of purchase! I couldn't believe my luck - interior is like new, exterior is like new...it's the perfect color (I think the Sonic Blue Metallic is the prettiest color ever made!) and it has been VERY obviously driven lightly (The throttle response/shift points etc made it feel like I was driving a caddy when I first got her!)

I'm a computer tech by trade, geek by nature but I come from old school muscle - one of my favorite cars I owned was a 1976 Olds Cutlass Salon, 455cid, limited slip beast that could smoke the tires all day long even from a 30mph punch.

Nowadays, I tend to keep my foot out of the accelerator most of the times (Hey, a guy's gotta have fun hitting the speed limit as quickly as possible, right?) but I do appreciate a responsive throttle and a good sounding engine.

I'm still undecided on what to do with this blue beauty, other than drive her around and enjoy the heck out of her...but if I'm going to do anything, my supposition would be:

Tune, axle back exhaust and maybe a K&N filter. I really am not a fan of the CAI's, as I feel they tend to improve *sound* but not so much real world performance - and there's a lot more I can do for $200-300 to make my car more enjoyable to drive.

As for the looks of her, well...she's beautiful to begin with (I know, I'm biased) but I'm thinking in the long run of adding:

Smoked sequential rear lights, smoked halo headlights and pretty much smoked everything - turn signals, third brake, etc.

Add to that some blue LED interior lights and perhaps some LED light bars in the footwells and I think she'll look pretty much perfect (Although I am tempted to try my hand at some welting on the door panels.)

Anyhow, any questions - feel free to fire away. I'm sure I'll have plenty to go around - especially when I hit the stage of wanting to wire some lighting into the interior - new cars are a mystery to me still.

Cheers,
Scott
welcome man, have fun modding your Stang
Old 11-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

You didn't say if it's a GT or sixer
Old 11-03-2014, 05:16 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome

Quick Reply: New member from Delaware...