New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mustang 01gt need help plz!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 PM
warndestroy

im home now and posted the pic idk if you saw it ? should be up
ok well i think im going to try that out sea foam ? ill read about it and pick some up but im hoping the oil is just contaminated ... but i will definitely flush the motor out i did run it the other day for about 20 mins to see some results but nothing didnt over heat as i expected ... thank you for your help ! let me know what you think of the pic i posted
Old 02-25-2015, 11:14 PM
warndestroy

ok cool sounds good...so it doesnt look to bad? im just going to do it myself learned my lesson lol what part of cali are you from any trustworthy mechanics you'd recommend ?
Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 PM
warndestroy

woops my bad thought it said you where from cali lol !
Old 02-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

nope im in Kentucky, but if your ever in the area where Im at I would hit up carmasters, but as for the pic, no it does not look too terrible, infact it may just be burning off, but I don't trust it either way, I treat contaminants just as that, (hence the name) so yes I would do the flush at the minimum, it may be a bit costly doing it the way I suggested (should not run you any more then $100 for the proper amount of oil (x2 on each group of items) plus filters (yes thats right I said filters as your current one no doubt has coolant in it), so be sure you get at least two filters plus double of the amount of oil you need for a STANDARD oil fill

example:

2 filters $10 - $20 a pop (i would suggest a low cost brand for the flush part) and the better (or higher quality brand like a NAPA gold for the final change)
(example numbers are given)
5qt of the cheepest oil your able to find (look for the bargan generic brand for this grouping) plus seafoam total here maybe $30-ish depending where you go
5qt of the brand you want and use often (again maybe at most $30 - $40 DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU GO AND HOW YOU GET THE OIL)

steps I would again follow in the order below for the oil flush

1-warm up engine to opperating temps so oil is fluid

2-change oil and old filter with the GENERIC store brand oil and filter (this is why I recomend the lower priced generics here) and add the can of seafoam (i pour the entire can, but usually im working with larger engines like the 5.0 and bigger which take 7qt oil on the F150) please read the can for correct amount (wont hurt if more is added)

3- allow engine to run for lets say 30 min to an hour (take it for a drive and get things flowing and be sure to let the engine work a bit) heck you can drive it like this as long as you need just as long as it gets up to temp and a good chance to get the oil + seafoam to flow through out (again usually an hour will suffice here)

4- park car in drive way and jack up the car onto jack stands (yes use 4 and BE SAFE)

5- with engine OFF empty oil with seafoam out and change the oil filter

6- take GENERIC oil filter and set it some where (in your oil catch bin as its going to be disposed of anyways will suffice)

7- reinstall oil drain plug (would suggest a magnetic one as they are good to use, but the stock one is ok as well, and then INSTALL your selected (preffered brand here) oil filter and then REFILL engine with CORRECT amount of qts required (shouldn't be more then 5-6QTs but refer to your owners manule to be sure)

8- lower car back onto wheels

9- start up and drive around and enjoy the car and see if any thing has improved or if no difference was made (im betting it will be improved)

10- ENJOY the car!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 PM
warndestroy

thank you sounds good !! i appreciate the help ! really shed some light on this issue !
im going to do that asap and ill check back and let you know if it worked im sure and hoping it will lol thank you again
Old 02-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

no problem, glad to lend a "hand", I also posted a "intro" topic with my ride if your interested in looking at the stand im going to be getting, do you have any pics of your stang? I hope the steps i have given (while daunting sounding) will get your girl back up and running and will resolve the issue.

Keep in mind that once the car is up to running temp that smoke (very small amount) will come out any open point (oil cap or dip stick) which is PERFECTLY NORMAL!! its due to the heat, it will be a very light white smoke (barely noticeable really) but if its really thick and heavy white smoke that could indicate a blown gasket (what you describe in your posts above makes me think you only need a oil flush (see above posts with my 10 step list for the flush) and that will take care of the issue.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 AM
warndestroy

sounds good yea ill check it out ! im new to forums lol how do i check it out ? haha
thank you i hope shes up and running soon to ill try and post some shes stock right now lol i just dont want to sell it i love this car so i want to put some effort in fixing it...
Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

you can either clock on the new members link near the top, or if you want select the link (posted) which is to my thread) its called "new prospective member" for the topic name again welcome to the forums, and if you have any computer questions feel free to PM me, I do computer work as well as wrenching on cars!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-...ang-owner.html
Old 02-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

any update on your issue, were you able to do the flush as described? please post back and let us know!!