New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Harborite88

Default New to the forum

Hello, everyone. I can't wait to finally be apart of the Mustang owners community.. I've loved Mustangs since I was in elementary school and now that I'm in my mid twenties I finally get to own one.. Ordered it a week ago and have never been more excited..
GT Premium, Performance Pack, 6 speed man., Guard Metallic, 401a, Premier Ebony Interior, Reverse Park Assist...

Hardest part is the wait.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:19 PM
302Travis
2nd Gear Member

Welcome! And this is a support group for the disease you have been infected with lol

And NICE!! Remember getting my first stang. 2000 gt 5spd. Was so excited I was almost out of my mind lol
Old 04-14-2015, 09:48 PM
Harborite88

Haha, thanks feels good to have some support.. Never had an addiction problem, but its only been a week out of the 8-12 the dealer said it would take and I already feel like I'm going to explode from the excitement.. So I've been online watching way too many YouTube vids and buying some accessories.. lol
Old 04-14-2015, 10:39 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Welcome! I also was obsessed at elementary school. Every year when the new printed catalogs came out I'd bug my parents to take me to the nearest Ford dealer so I could memorize all the new options, features, and specs.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

You guys are sick lol.

Welcome to the forum Harbor, glad to have you. And congrats on that new Mustang.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:24 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Harborite88
Hello, everyone. I can't wait to finally be apart of the Mustang owners community.. I've loved Mustangs since I was in elementary school and now that I'm in my mid twenties I finally get to own one.. Ordered it a week ago and have never been more excited..
GT Premium, Performance Pack, 6 speed man., Guard Metallic, 401a, Premier Ebony Interior, Reverse Park Assist...

Hardest part is the wait.
Hey Harbor,

Congrats on your order and I know exactly how you feel sitting and waiting, it just kills you! But in the end, it is all worth it.

What are your plans for the car when you take delivery? I know she won't stay stock for long

Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will
Old 04-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Harborite88

When it first comes in I'd like to be ready to put an exhaust system on it.. Right now I'm thinking the Borla ATAK cat back with black tips.. I love loud noises, do not live in the city, and this won't be my daily commuter. So as far as you can tell from a youtube clip I think this sounds the best for me. Then, I know its not highland green, but sort of a Bullitt car would be killer. So I'd like to black out the horse in the grill and put in black 5.0 emblems or Plastidip them.. A friend of a friend is the manager at our local ford dealer body shop and I am going to get with him about possibly shaving those emblems and filling in the holes but, with the fear of doing that kind of surgery on my brand new car I might hold off on that.. for a little while.. Doubt I will do a CAI and tune from the get go or ever..
Old 04-15-2015, 08:02 PM
The Menace

Welcome to the forum.

I had to wait somewhere around 10 weeks or so for mine. But on the plus side I have now forgotten how long it took to get it...
Old 04-16-2015, 08:33 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Harborite88
When it first comes in I'd like to be ready to put an exhaust system on it.. Right now I'm thinking the Borla ATAK cat back with black tips.. I love loud noises, do not live in the city, and this won't be my daily commuter. So as far as you can tell from a youtube clip I think this sounds the best for me. Then, I know its not highland green, but sort of a Bullitt car would be killer. So I'd like to black out the horse in the grill and put in black 5.0 emblems or Plastidip them.. A friend of a friend is the manager at our local ford dealer body shop and I am going to get with him about possibly shaving those emblems and filling in the holes but, with the fear of doing that kind of surgery on my brand new car I might hold off on that.. for a little while.. Doubt I will do a CAI and tune from the get go or ever..
sounds like you have a good plan going Harbor,

These Coyote's react so well to mods, you will love it!

Let me know if you ever need anything; I'm here to help!

-Will
Old 04-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to our forum, yes plasti dip it first just to see if you like it blacked out, I did mine last year and I like it, it's all up to you

Quick Reply: New to the forum