New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just saying hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Default Just saying hello!

Hey everyone, been enjoying the good information and threads on these forums, figured I'd post a short introduction. My name is Jeremy, I have a 2012 3.7 V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic. So far I've lowered her with some SR Performance lowering springs, adj panhard bar, put a raxiom touchscreen nav in, borla atak (axleback), some louvers, strut brace, airaid CAI, some Raxiom Smoked taillights, and a BAMA tune. My strut mounts decided to fall apart when I lowered her, but I managed to not lose any of the bearings and just put it back together. Works fine and no noise, but I'm going to replace them along with the struts (already have koni str.t front/back waiting) once I gather everything I want to do to the suspension anyways. Should've thought that through a bit more before I decided to just slap some springs on, but oh well, lesson learned lol.

She's my daily driver, so nothing too crazy planned, just going to redo the suspension as I love to fly down some windy roads. Just fun to do. I've noticed my back end (which dropped probably 2") likes to wander quite a bit during a turn or just in general after lowering, and from what I've gathered some LCA relo brackets should help with that. Same tires/driving and it didn't do it before. So basically my future plans are:

Suspension:
Koni STR.T Struts/shocks (already have just waiting to get everything else)
Some new strut mounts
New LCA/Relo Brackets
Maybe UCA (Would it help noticeably for a DD who may go to a track 1-2 times a year (just for fun, not competitively obviously)?)

Other Things possibly at some point:
3.55/3.73 gears (get that faster take off hopefully?)
Stiffer Sway Bars (Probably overkill, maybe not?)
Shorty Headers (Got to pass that NY inspection -.-, but want a lil louder sound)
73mm Throttle Body (not high on the list, not a huge difference for the price from what I've found so far, but maybe I'm wrong)

As far as appearance mods, I have a hard time committing to something in particular that I like, so that's always changing.

She's my first brand new car (and first mustang) I've ever bought, so the goal is to keep her for as long as I possibly can, mostly for sentimental reasons, so any tips or upgrades for longevity are always welcome!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:58 PM
ExtremePowerHouse
Former Sponsor

Welcome!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:18 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Congrats on your purchase.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

Welcome. The wheels are especially nice.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TPony
Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks, I've had her for a few years now, still love driving her just as much as when I first got her!

Originally Posted by Coyote5
Welcome. The wheels are especially nice.
Thanks! They're actually the stock wheels for the premium package, but the chrome got all corroded and looked terrible with spiderweb vein things all over them, so I sanded them down and repainted them black. Was actually extremely surprised by how well they turned out.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:28 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Epona
Hey everyone, been enjoying the good information and threads on these forums, figured I'd post a short introduction. My name is Jeremy, I have a 2012 3.7 V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic. So far I've lowered her with some SR Performance lowering springs, adj panhard bar, put a raxiom touchscreen nav in, borla atak (axleback), some louvers, strut brace, airaid CAI, some Raxiom Smoked taillights, and a BAMA tune. My strut mounts decided to fall apart when I lowered her, but I managed to not lose any of the bearings and just put it back together. Works fine and no noise, but I'm going to replace them along with the struts (already have koni str.t front/back waiting) once I gather everything I want to do to the suspension anyways. Should've thought that through a bit more before I decided to just slap some springs on, but oh well, lesson learned lol.

She's my daily driver, so nothing too crazy planned, just going to redo the suspension as I love to fly down some windy roads. Just fun to do. I've noticed my back end (which dropped probably 2") likes to wander quite a bit during a turn or just in general after lowering, and from what I've gathered some LCA relo brackets should help with that. Same tires/driving and it didn't do it before. So basically my future plans are:

Suspension:
Koni STR.T Struts/shocks (already have just waiting to get everything else)
Some new strut mounts
New LCA/Relo Brackets
Maybe UCA (Would it help noticeably for a DD who may go to a track 1-2 times a year (just for fun, not competitively obviously)?)

Other Things possibly at some point:
3.55/3.73 gears (get that faster take off hopefully?)
Stiffer Sway Bars (Probably overkill, maybe not?)
Shorty Headers (Got to pass that NY inspection -.-, but want a lil louder sound)
73mm Throttle Body (not high on the list, not a huge difference for the price from what I've found so far, but maybe I'm wrong)

As far as appearance mods, I have a hard time committing to something in particular that I like, so that's always changing.

She's my first brand new car (and first mustang) I've ever bought, so the goal is to keep her for as long as I possibly can, mostly for sentimental reasons, so any tips or upgrades for longevity are always welcome!
Welcome to the forums!

Let's see some pics of this beauty!

Your mod list is already awesome and I can't wait to see how you continue to build her.

I'm just a PM away if you ever need anything.

-Will
Old 06-14-2015, 01:26 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:55 PM
S197 GT
1st Gear Member

Welcome! Looks great so far.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMWill
Welcome to the forums!

Let's see some pics of this beauty!

Your mod list is already awesome and I can't wait to see how you continue to build her.

I'm just a PM away if you ever need anything.

-Will
Thanks She's in my sig, pretty much stock except the repainted wheels n louvers, working more on performance and handling at the moment rather than appearance, but it's a work in progress!

Originally Posted by 96t-bird
Congrats and welcome.
Thanks, lots of good stuff on these forums

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Welcome! Looks great so far.
Thank you, yours too!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:33 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Epona
Thanks She's in my sig, pretty much stock except the repainted wheels n louvers, working more on performance and handling at the moment rather than appearance, but it's a work in progress!
!
She looks great Epona, what's next on your list?

If you ever need anything, I'm just a PM away.

-Will