New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member. New Mustang Owner.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 04:49 AM
MusicCity615

Default New Member. New Mustang Owner.

Hello fellow pony lovers,

I am new here. This is my first post. This will be a bit long, and I do apologize, but I want to share my love for mustangs, my experience, etc. I'd like to know what you guys think. I reside in Nashville, TN; I was born and raised here.

My reasons for joining are several: I'm a new mustang owner; I'm a young guy in my mid-20s that's eager to learn about engines, because I do not know anything about the mechanical side of vehicles; I'd like to see what others have done to their mustangs; looking for ideas, etc.

About a month ago, I purchased a 1992 fox body convertible (pic below is what it looked like) from my older brother. Despite the car needing a little work, I fell in love with mustangs and sporty cars. I drive a 2007 Honda Civic with 80k miles; that should give you an idea where I'm coming from. As a result, I researched the rich history of Foxbodies and mustangs in general. I was amazed. I became addicted.

Back to the Foxbody. While I loved the car, and while it didn't need much work to get it back to cosmetic mint condition, I learned convertibles aren't for me. After a few days with the top down in the sun and during cold summer nights, I realized I wasn't cut out for being exposed to the elements at high speeds.

What's worse, the top needed work. It needed to be cleaned. It started to leak. The windows and top were not aligning right. It needed a new coat of paint, dings and dents removed, and the rims needed to be finished. Mechanically, the car was fine.

I decided to sell it back to my older brother; he was happy to get it back, because he never wanted to sell it. I knew I wanted another mustang. I went window shopping. I looked at new mustangs; I looked at older ones. While I could afford a new mustang, I decided I wanted something older and different. I also wanted a project car... something I could perform an engine swap on.

I discovered a 2001 New Edge SN95 (actual pics below) and fell in love. Yes, you'll find New Edge SN95s on the street, but they are often in terrible condition and riced out. This one, on the other hand, was near mint. With a mint interior, 100k (exact) miles, and 3k in exterior upgrades that sets this one apart from others, it's a nice car. Yes, it's a V6 automatic. I know... But I am doing an engine swap. I wanted a nice to decent project car to start with.

I had the engine inspected by 3 mechanics specializing in mustang engines. With the exception of a water pump leak (I got fixed for only $50), the engine was maintained well; it needed no work. I'm doing a swap anyway, so I wasn't too concerned about the engine. No codes on the car when scanned. Clean title. Only two owners.

So... here I am. I'm an owner of a New Edge SN95. I like what the previous owner did to it. I liked that he took very, very good care of it. I've never really been a fan of the SN95s, but this New Edge with these cosmetic mods is, to me, sexy.

Any advice on what to do with the car?

What I am considering getting done: engine swap, suspension work, paint job (doesn't really need it).

My budget: 30k play money.
Attached Thumbnails New Member. New Mustang Owner.-81349_side_profile_web.jpg   New Member. New Mustang Owner.-img_3611.jpg   New Member. New Mustang Owner.-img_3579.jpg   New Member. New Mustang Owner.-img_3576.jpg   New Member. New Mustang Owner.-img_3613.jpg  

Old 09-01-2015, 06:28 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

My advice ??? Buy the Foxbody back and have 2 Mustangs lol.

With that kinda play money, you'll have your dream Mustang. Congrats
Old 09-01-2015, 07:28 AM
MusicCity615

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Welcome to the forum.

My advice ??? Buy the Foxbody back and have 2 Mustangs lol.

If the foxbody was a hardtop, it would still be setting in my driveway. It's a shame because I fell in love with fox bodies when I had it.

With that kinda play money, you'll have your dream Mustang. Congrats
Haha... yeah, my older brother thinks I'm nuts for wanting to invest that much money into my car, but he doesn't understand me. I want something that looks fast and IS fast. I do not want to be one of these guys: an "all show no go" type. Driving around in a mustang with a V6 isn't impressing me.

I'm eager for more HP, torque, and a hellish sound at the exhaust.

Thanks for the welcoming.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:41 AM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Welcome nice new edge. I have one myself I'm going to start on.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard and nice looking car.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:28 PM
MusicCity615

Originally Posted by Carolina Man
Welcome nice new edge. I have one myself I'm going to start on.
Thanks. Got any pics of your new edge?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:29 PM
MusicCity615

Originally Posted by movielover40
Welcome aboard and nice looking car.
Thanks man!
Old 09-06-2015, 09:26 PM
angeljoelv

Welcome
Old 09-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MusicCity615
Thanks. Got any pics of your new edge?
Yes I need to do lot of work to it. Here is a link with pictures.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/caro...0-mustang.html
Old 09-07-2015, 02:38 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, have fun, two words, Coyote swap.

Quick Reply: New Member. New Mustang Owner.