New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1st time posting!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Andii

Cool 1st time posting!

Hello! I'm Andii, and this is, as the title says. My first time posting in the forums. I've owned my car for a year now, it's also my first car, and it was all paid for by me with no help.

I drive an 89 Mustang GT with a soft top, it's automatic (and before someone says it. Yes I'm aware that manual is the way to go with my car. But this is what I could get my hands on.)

It's not in perfect shape, but I will be working on it. It's also awesome I have a bad *** big sister who knows her way around a car and paint. So she will be helping me with my plastics and vinyls.

My current interior is white/red, but I will be changing it to black/white. As well as updating my exterior paint and replacing my black convertible top.

So far the only work I've had done is fixing the horn, and my dad replaced my valve cover gaskets and the manifold gasket. But I will be replacing all my hoses and wires, and my cool air intake when i get the money.

After my move the windows will be all realigned and when the panel gets taken off, i will be replacing the red carpets with black, painting the red vinyl to black and swapping out the stock moisture guard with a deadener/moisture guard.

Then when my seats get taken out to replace my carpet, the driver and passenger seat vinyl will be cleaned more and my back seat bench and back will be reupholstered, previous owner was going to do red cloth so the bench is red but the back is still vinyl it's just heavily damaged.

Also while the seats are out, the red will again, be painted black. This will probably be a year long project for me due to needing to find a good job, plus going to college. But hey, I'll be the coolest girl at school. Or so I'd like to think.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:19 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum Andii, glad to have you, and your 89 GT Vert.

Post up some pics when you have time, maybe some before/after ones. Those are everyones favorite. And congrats to your hard work, it'll pay off in the end.

Good luck
Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Shaq74

Sounds like a great project.
I want a Fox
Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Andii

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Welcome to the forum Andii, glad to have you, and your 89 GT Vert.

Post up some pics when you have time, maybe some before/after ones. Those are everyones favorite. And congrats to your hard work, it'll pay off in the end.

Good luck
I definately will. Ut the next major work i need done is my subframe is really rusted, so itll be $800-$1000 to fix. Then the next order of business is replacing my rusty hole riddled exhaust. I am going with bbk cat back x-pipes for $410.

Here is my car. Can't tell but there is rust stains on my trip and around my door handles. All the black parts are also fadded so those will be touched up.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:17 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

lol, yep, welcome to the world of Foxbody maintenance. Some hate it, others love it, I just accept it..... but still the "best bang for the buck" performance street/strip car you can get. I've owned mine for 8 yrs now, and it's been the most reliable/trustworthy car I've owned. Hope yours does the same.