New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy on the block

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Mafea

Cool New guy on the block

Hello,

My name is Tyler. I am 21 years old and I just had purchased a 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ the performance pack! I ordered it in Oxford White and yes I did say "ordered", I will be expecting it the wheel for April 17th-23rd if all goes as planned.

I am from North West Indiana and I can already tell this is going to be a learning experience for me, I only cared about my foreign cars before and when seeing an Evo X or STI were both going to run me $35k+ logic kicked into play to go with a Mustang (plus honestly the new gens are really growing on me) the only previous mustangs before this gen that I liked was notch back fox body and a term.

I work for Fastenal Co, I've been with the company for 3 years as well as I am a full time student studying Network Infrastructure.

Here is all just a little insight on me, I look forward to meeting some of you virtually and I hope it doesn't trying to seem like I'm boasting for buying a new Mustang at a young age. Because I am, but at the same time I'm not if that makes sense? Mainly I'm happy that I am in a finical position to do such a thing, but at the same time I'm very humble and won't tend to rub it in.

Anyways! Hopefully I didn't bore you guys but I do have a quick few questions.

1.) When the car does come in, what all I can do to the car to NOT void warranties? ( I've heard that if you go with Ford Racing, have a Ford Mechanic put them on they still honor it?)

2.) Whats the best rotating mass I can drop without voiding warranties?

3.) What is the widest tire/grippiest tire setup I can have on the back without having rubbing issues or fitment issues?

Thanks Guys,

- Mafea

Old 03-17-2016, 10:01 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard.

If it were me I'd leave it stock for the time being.

Break the engine in nice and easy.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Mafea

Originally Posted by movielover40
Welcome aboard.

If it were me I'd leave it stock for the time being.

Break the engine in nice and easy.
That was the next question I had is the break in process, I heard it is similar to a clutch where you can break it in one of two ways.

1. Beating the hell out of it, oil change after 1,000 miles.

2. Follow the typical DD process of not going x amount RPM, oil change first 1,000 miles, etc.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Shaq74

Congratulations dude. I'm happy to see someone around my age with the same interests.
I agree just keep everything stock for awhile maybe some appearance mods, but nothing major
Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your '16.

Check out the Tech section for any other advice/mods you have in mind.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:47 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Hello Tyler and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase, make sure to show it to us when it arrives home. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Enjoy your time here!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Mafea

Originally Posted by carid
Hello Tyler and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase, make sure to show it to us when it arrives home. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Enjoy your time here!
Thank you everyone, especially CarID (awesome such a reputable site would even recognize such a small post.)

Also everyone, I just got a call the other day we have a VIN on her now! However, I won't be expecting it until May 23rd (roughly maybe a week less or maybe a week later.)