New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from AL

Old 05-09-2016, 03:44 AM
BlakesGT

Default New member from AL

Good Morning,

Names Blake as you can tell by the name. I'm a long time mustang fan but I've been out of the ford scene for quite some time. So I'll tell a little about myself.

First Car I purchased: 1993 GT Fox in Black/black 5sp. Drove it from 2000 till I graduated HS. When I started working construction and needed a truck and 4 doors.

2008 I purchased a 03 Cobra. Had it until 2011 when I was side swiped at a red light in Kansas on my way home from work one night. I then purchased a daily driver for the time being and deployed shortly after.

Summer of 2011 I purchased a 03 Z06 after my deployment and owned it up until this past year (Dec 2015). At that time me and the wife found out we were expecting and I was deploying again in mid January for 6 months. So wife and I agreed (because she enjoys riding in the corvette also) that I needed something with 4 seats (even though I still have my daily driver 4door Focus) that we as a family could enjoy cruises/riding and all. So I've sold the corvette and put the money down on a 2016 Mustang GT Premium.

I ordered it for delivery by the end of August so I can come home enjoy my R&R time and pick up my new car.

2016 GT Premium in Magnetic with Silver Racing Stripe, 401A Equipment option, 3.73 Rear, Recaro Red Line trim.

I didn't get any special Rim options because I would like to buy a 3 Piece when I find one I really like. I had HRE's on the vette but would like to go with a different look for the GT. Only real plans I have at the time would be the Foose wing (maybe) and minor bolt ons (header, exhaust, intake) and some LED lighting changes. But who knows what I'll change by the time I get the vehicle. I still have 4 months until I get home and it's delivered.

But anyways great to be back in the Ford family, I will miss the feel and looks/waves I got from the vette community but I think I can handle it.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:21 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome back to the Mustang family, and I promise to wave if I see you lol.

Thanks for your service to this country, it's much appreciated. And also, congratulations to you and your wife on your first child. As a father of 4 TEENAGERS, my only advice...........RUN !!!

Just kidding, I'm sure yours will be good lol.

Congrats again.....
Old 05-09-2016, 09:16 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, thank you for your service, congrats & good luck with the new ride..
Old 05-09-2016, 10:01 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.

Congrat's on new Mustang when you get back.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:41 AM
BlakesGT

Thanks all. Sorry just getting back to this. Get busy over here and don't have time to check back in.

Search this Thread