New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Board Member and soon-to-be new Mustang Owner (Former Camaro/Corvette owner)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM
mxc0bbn

Default New Board Member and soon-to-be new Mustang Owner (Former Camaro/Corvette owner)

I figure that title has to make some people curious so I'll introduce myself and explain.

My name is Mike and if everything goes as planned, on Friday 5/27 I'll be in the driver's seat of a 2015 GT Premium Convertible (ingot silver metallic Ext / Comp Red interior).

This is my first mustang and I have a mixture of feelings coursing through me right now:
  • Excitement
  • Anxiety
  • Dread (Especially after hearing from my wife's cousin - multiple Camaro owner/lifelong Camaro fanatic/President of his local Camaro club)
  • Pride (yes, pride because I'll be back in the V8 club after several years of V6 sedans and 4-cyl grocery getters)

I will say that since I'm in my 40s now this can be truly called a "mid-life crisis". However, it is a somewhat subdued one as the color is a relatively bland one.

Back in the 90s I had a 512rwhp Nitrous'd Camaro Z28-LS1 with a personalized license plate reading "GT HUNTR"

The 2000s helped me mature to a more "refined" exprience in the form of a Millennium Yellow Corvette Z06 (50th anniversary edition) with factory installed "mod-red" interior...

That one I got it up to over 520rwhp and mid 11s at the track (due to the lighter weight). My friends use to call me "Nuclear Banana".

Then came a years-long tornado of wedding invitations, diapers, school plays (those are still going on) and 4-door 4-banger gas-sipping, grocery getting boxes. I tried to deny it at first by getting an Infinity M45 and an Expedition Limited. At least I was able to stay in the V8 club, but life wore me down and for several years it was Chevy Cruze, Honda Civic, etc...

Well, I'm BACK!

I finally wore down the wife's resistance and we struck a compromise:

No, I can't spend 70k on a used Z06 and franly I don't like the look of the camaros (pre-2016) so the GT was the logical choice. Redesigned / Re-defined / Re-imagined....

I'm psyched...

I like modding my rides so chances are you guys will see me skulking around looking for my first mods within the next month or two...

The adventure starts Friday :-D

Mike
Old 05-26-2016, 06:24 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum Mike, glad to have you. Your story is very familiar around here lol. Congrats