New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Girl Mustang Lover (AliceSML79 Introduction)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 08:05 AM
AliceSML79

Default Girl Mustang Lover (AliceSML79 Introduction)

Hi my name is Alice, thought I'd introduce myself finally. I love mustangs they're so cute and fast. I'm a girl so i'm allowed to say the Mustang is cute. My dream Mustang is a Warriors and pink edition. I'd love for to be black with pink rally stripes. But I doubt I could never afford one so I've considered buying a fourth-generation Mustang. Specifically a 1999 to 2004 GT and painting it black with pink rally stripes. Because I'm handicapped I might need to pull trailer designed hold the wheelchair but I think the GT's up to the task. Ideally I would love to hanging off the rear bumper but I don't think that would work on the Mustang with a class one hitch. Anyways I am 36 soon to be 37 on august 7th and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma area, broken arrow to be precise.

Thanks for reading, Alice
Old 07-31-2016, 09:23 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 07-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!

Before putting too much effort into locating one for purchase, I'd highly recommend finding one on a dealer's used lot, where you can try out the ergonomics. There are other cars that are a lot more user-friendly when it comes to entry and egress, but if you have your heart set on the Mustang, there are some modifications that will make things easier for you.

What kind of wheelchair are we talking about? Is it motorized? Class I Mustang hitches can only handle a direct tongue weight of a couple hundred pounds or so. Trailering a scooter is doable, but pulling a trailer on a daily basis sounds awfully inconvenient.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:54 AM
AliceSML79

Thank you for the welcome to the forms. I have tried a test fit, and I fairly well in the car. I made sure to get in and out comfortably. I also tested with a top up and the top-down. And I have been doing research. I won't be able to Carry that wheelchair off the rear bumper. I will have to go and get a handicap trailer from a manufacturer I know in the Oklahoma area. But I really do love the Mustangs even though I have considered the other cars. Some examples are, Ford excursion, Ford Crown Victoria police car, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Magnum.

Thanks everyone, Alice
Old 08-01-2016, 07:16 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum Alice, glad to have you.

Good luck with your search.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AliceSML79
I have tried a test fit, and I fairly well in the car. I made sure to get in and out comfortably. I also tested with a top up and the top-down. And I have been doing research. I won't be able to Carry that wheelchair off the rear bumper. I will have to go and get a handicap trailer from a manufacturer I know in the Oklahoma area. But I really do love the Mustangs even though I have considered the other cars. Some examples are, Ford excursion, Ford Crown Victoria police car, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Magnum.
Glad to hear the Mustang will work for you! Too bad about the trailer though. That's gotta make parking a real hassle. I sometimes find small trailers to be even more awkward to maneuver than large ones.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Backyard Buddy
1st Gear Member

Welcome, Alice!!
Old 08-03-2016, 10:30 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard Alice!!