New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Identifying correct build date GT Mustang - Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Tinyp

Default Identifying correct build date GT Mustang - Help

Hi all, I'm new to this Forum, can you help? Question: I'm looking at purchasing a 1966 GT Mustang Coupe. All of my research, regarding Date codes on the body, Steering Box and VIN consecutive numbers point to the fact that the vehicle components is an October 1965. I understand that Ford subsequently Stamps these late builds as the Following year ie: 1965 which is consistent with the VIN which is 6R07A121589.

However the Door Tag is a reproduction and identifies the build date of the car as a '06F' which is the month of June. Is it correct that all body components, steering box etc with Oct 65 codes can have a Door Tag of June 66? My thoughts are, as it is a reproduction Tag I believe there has been a printing error. If so what would be the correct Month?

Appreciate your help. Can provide photos of all numbers if necessary.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help but if you start a new thread in the Tech section, under the Classics area, they may be able the help you more in there.

Good luck