New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New with No Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Someday

Question New with No Car

Hi, all! I'm a service member recently stationed in Italy. My wife and I brought her Subaru Forester with us and left my Dieselgate Jetta Sportwagen (JSW) behind in the States to sell it back to VW.

We return to the States in 18-19 months and I'll need a car. So I'm looking to fulfill my childhood dream of owning a Mustang. I created this account so that I can learn exactly what I'm getting myself into!

I wrench. I am technically inclined. But my cars have been pretty bland. I've gone from a '74 Olds Toronado (I miss her ) to a '99 Ford Contour Sport to an '02 Saturn to the '11 JSW I have today. I'm looking to spice things up with a red '94 convertible with a manual transmission.

I'm looking forward to digging in and learning what to look out for before I make my big buy. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:28 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to this country.

Good luck with the search when you get back....
Old 11-30-2016, 08:00 AM
Someday

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service to this country.

Good luck with the search when you get back....
Thank you! I know the SN95 isn't the favorite of most Mustang fans but she came out when I was in high school and it was love at first sight.

As far as Mustangs go I've only ever driven two. A '66 I took on a test drive when I was a teen and a '16 vert that I rented for a day this past summer as a little reward for myself after finishing a three-week class. I drove it with the top down most of the way from Virginia Beach, VA to Fort Meade, MD by way of Silver Spring and Annapolis. That was the day I realized I really need to buy my own.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:14 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Good luck in your quest.