New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Yay!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
KittenBiscuit

Smile Yay!

Hello, My name is Shelby (lol, i know right?) Anyways, I just bought a new toy for myself. I have owned a Mustang in the past, it was actually my very first car. My parents surprised me with a 2007 V6 Mustang. I loved that car! Unfortunately the previous owner did not take proper care of her and i ended up having to trade it in for something that would actually run. I spent a lot of time and money on that car and even went to car shows with my brothers and dad. We always came home with some kind of award which i guess made up for the lack of speed that she had. But i had to let her go. Which was about 4 months ago. I bought a new Honda for my daily driver and missed having a fun sporty car to drive. I ended up buying a 2004 Mustang GT from a family member who was just looking to get rid of it, and well now here i am.
The car i bought has been sitting under a tree for a whole year and then some, so the paint is ruined with sun spots and tree sap stuck all over it. The back quarter panel is dented pretty bad and the right rocker panel is MIA. The interior on the other hand is prefect, the leather seats have no tears and hardly any creases. The only damage that has been done inside it the horrible Japanese stereo they installed (cause it was cheap) the radio bezel covers a small bit of the screen and most of the wording is very wrong, so i have been blindly guessing on what each button does.
Besides the small cosmetic things the car is sound! After sitting for a year without being ran we changed oil, gas and some spark plugs and it cranked like it was nothing. It ran like a champ. I am so excited to start working on her and turning her into a work of art!
Any suggestions or tip would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 12-21-2016, 07:15 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome
Old 12-22-2016, 02:17 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the restoration! You'll find a wealth of information and plenty of good ideas and help on here. Share some pics of how your Mustang currently looks and also share your ideas and thoughts of what you might want to do with it.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:45 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Welcome.