New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member; looking for opinions on a potential project.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:28 PM
SlowFox1276

Default New member; looking for opinions on a potential project.

Hey guys, Just signed up and was looking to get some opinions from you guys.

I have recently started up a new career, and the pay is fantastic. So much so that I might be able to finally afford to do a project I've wanted to start for years. I want to build a 1969 fastback from the shell up with a twist. I stumbled across the Dynacorn shells a while ago, and it's something I've always wanted to work with. But I am not wanting to be just recreating a non-genuine '69 fastback.

Here's the twist. It's going to be modernized. (And a thing to note here before I get into the details is that this is a "years down the line pipedream" kind of project). I am wanting to create a 2017 era luxury car, disguised as a classic mustang, with all of the quality of life improvements seen in the newer cars without shattering the legacy of the shell I am building off of. I would want it to look and feel like like the classic muscle car, but with new touches. Things like DCT, lighting, IRS, and ideally AWD. Gauges reminiscent of the late 60s, but with a new age look (ala S197, just slightly newer looking.) That kind of thing.

The one thing I would want to keep true to the late 60s would be the power plant. An enormous, absurdly large displacing V8. Possibly with boost? I am not sure. This 'project' is still very much in the imagination stage and I have fleshed out exactly zero of the details.

What do you guys think? Is this something that would interest you or do you think it violates the spirit of the 69 mustangs? Cheers!
Old 12-24-2016, 09:29 AM
david1560

CHECK OUT MUSTANGS TO FEAR they have some great things to see
you may want to use some of the ideas they have a great place to start very good people
Good luck
Old 12-27-2016, 10:50 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Just a heads up but any type of customization will affect resale and not in good way.

You may wind up putting a lot of money into a car and not be able to get it back out if you go to sell it.

Search this Thread