New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2006 Mustang Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:12 AM
Blach_Stang

Lightbulb 2006 Mustang Tuning

Hello,

I just purchased my first Mustang. It is a 2006 Mustang V6 S197. I upgraded my muffler to a Flowmaster American thunder axle-back exhaust. I also purchased a (new) K&N FIPK cold air intake and a (used) Bama SCT X4 tuner. The Bama tuner had custom tunes for another Mustang, which was different from my 2006 V6. I was unable to upload any of the custom tunes, so I had to reset the tuner to factory settings. This removed the custom tunes. When the tuner recognized my car, I was able to add a basic Bama built in V6 tune. The car does drive differently (better) and it seems to perform a lot stronger. I am going to receive the K&N cold air intake this week. My question is... do I need a custom tune once I install the K&N intake? According to AM, it does not require tuning. When customizing the built in Bama V6 tune, it gives you the option to select an intake. If I select the K&N from the list, will this be enough to adjust for the CAI upgrade? I am interested in purchasing the custom tunes from AM, but I not sure if they will be necessary at the point where I am at with upgrades. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:50 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help, but if you ask this in the Tech section, the one specific to your year Mustang, you'll get good advice in there. Good luck
Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

I personally wouldn't waste money on a cold air intake for the v-6.

I would just leave the car alone.