New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi guys. I just bought a brand new 2017 Mustang!

Old 03-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Henry Lewis

Default Hi guys. I just bought a brand new 2017 Mustang!

Hi guy! I'm new to this forum. I just bought my first new car ever and it's a 2017 Oxford White Mustang v6 with a 6 speed manual transmission. It's my first time ever driving a manual too lol! It has been 5 days and I don't stall it anymore lol but I need to do better shifting from 1st to 2nd and downshifting.

I couldn't be happier with my Stang but there is a problem though. Today my radio unit went completely off, no power, no backup camera, nada! I checked the fuses and unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and my screen still black(no time, no date, nothing) I just bought the car this Monday and I kind of bummed about this. Is there any way to fix this without going to the dealer?
Old 03-11-2017, 01:12 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I would say its a trip to dealer. Car is brand new so this should be looked at by them
Old 03-11-2017, 03:45 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Maybe a plug came out or was loose. You could try looking yourself though I'm not sure where else to look at without getting into the dash or pulling out the radio.

When I got my 99 I also didn't know how to drive a manual. I mean I knew how it works but knowing and doing it are different. Turns at intersections were the most intimidating. That was 11 years ago and now I drive manual on a regular basis and because of it have millions of moneys and infinity women.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

They are having "multiple unknown issues" with the Sync & radios this year...
Old 03-13-2017, 06:24 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Mustang.

I'd go right back to the dealership with it. Good luck
Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard.

Don't try to fix it yourself. Run it back to the dealer asap.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:34 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Henry Lewis
Hi guy! I'm new to this forum. I just bought my first new car ever and it's a 2017 Oxford White Mustang v6 with a 6 speed manual transmission. It's my first time ever driving a manual too lol! It has been 5 days and I don't stall it anymore lol but I need to do better shifting from 1st to 2nd and downshifting.

I couldn't be happier with my Stang but there is a problem though. Today my radio unit went completely off, no power, no backup camera, nada! I checked the fuses and unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and my screen still black(no time, no date, nothing) I just bought the car this Monday and I kind of bummed about this. Is there any way to fix this without going to the dealer?
Short answer is no. Mine did that the other day and came back on by itself after about 2 minutes while driving. My other Ford with Sync3 got lost with the navigation system tracking in the middle of nowhere. Got back in the car, vola, no problem corrected itself and has been good ever since. If it still hasn't come back on, take it to the dealer, that is what a warranty is for.

Search this Thread