New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member with idea (probably bad)

Old 03-14-2017, 05:36 PM
ScrotaniumAlloy

Default New member with idea (probably bad)

Hello, Mustang fans. My name is Sam, I'm in Colorado, I don't currently own a Mustang, but my first car was a 1965 Mustang coupe, 289 2v. I will soon get another 1965-1968 coupe.

I actually registered and am posting for another reason: Has anyone noticed how many videos there are of people wrecking our beloved Mustangs into anything and everything, particularly crowds of people? I, for one, am pretty tired of the attention. I've literally seen teeagers jump back in mock-fear of the approaching Mustang's appetite for innocent flesh.

My idea: A Mustang oriented, perhaps Ford sponsored driving school. Inexpensive for anyone, less than that for new Mustang buyers. Have the cars be, of course, Mustangs.

Within 50 miles of me, there are two closed-down airfields, one one actual race track. Dormant, and needing repair. Perfect locations for such a venue, and thats just in the high-desert of Northern Colorado. Every state has similarly disused tarmac.

I know this would be monumentally expensive, with the tarmac-repair and maintenance, facility building, car and replacement part inventory, hiring qualified staff, and last but certainly not least in price is insurance.

It could be done.

Gofundme, and other investment/donation sites would be perfect, lobbying the insurance companies that, as a school, we'd be helping lower insurance claims from unskilled Mustang owners wrecking. As mentioned, every state has similar facilities that could be utilized, and I personally think it would be a better use of old airfieldsand racetracks than just being torn down for a Wal-Mart.

Not only would this idea just be a great way for Mustang owners to get to better enjoy their car safely and legally, but their is a legitimate educational aspect to it. By making young drivers better, and safer, we're making the streets safer for the crowds of people at Cars&Coffee...

I'm sure there is some really bad consequences of this idea I haven't thought of, so please be polite informing me. I simply logged into FB, and saw a linked video titled "Honda S2000 shaped Mustang attacks again" or something along those lines, and the gist of the article was showing a video of, sure enough, a Honda S2000, but they were calling it a disguised Mustang because it spun out, and hit the curb/a large tree.

Like it or not, our fellow Mustang fans are earning this reputation through lack of skill. How can we change that?
Old 03-14-2017, 07:06 PM
ScrotaniumAlloy

To the administration: I posted this twice thinking I was editing it. Please remove this post?
Old 03-15-2017, 07:06 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

Idiots drive all different kinds of cars....Not just Mustangs lol.

As for the driving school, if somebody can make money at it........ They'll do it.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:55 PM
ScrotaniumAlloy

Yes, they do, but Mustangs are the most common car you'll see a video of someone wrecking, with most viewers rejoicing.

I guess I was just hoping this trend would be something Mustang fans would like to distance themselves from, rather than distancing themselves from other Mustang owners, or humanity in general.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:02 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Mustang is an affordable muscle car.

Lot of younger kids can afford them and can't handle the power.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 PM
MB88LX

Originally Posted by movielover40
Mustang is an affordable muscle car.

Lot of younger kids can afford them and can't handle the power.
That is the biggest problem, and lack of experience and talent.

Search this Thread