New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2003 mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Adrian Gd Romeo

Default 2003 mustang GT

Hello everyone, i'm having Two problems with my mustang right now. 1 is that every single time i Acc or let go of the gas i here this clunk noise coming from the center of the car. Also when i change gears that i let go of the clutch i hear that sound too. Changed the Clutch, Checked the driveshaft and U joints. What else can it be? Also this new problem just popped up. it has done it to me twice already,. While i'm cruising, the car turns off on me. And after i pull over to turn it back on, My gauges roll all the way over and my car wont start. I hear a spark coming from the battery as the guy from autozone also told me that the positive side of the battery was letting smoke come out. Anyone know what can it be?
Old 03-28-2017, 06:45 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

I'd look at your tranny mount, making sure it's still in one piece and bolted tight. Then look at the cross member bolts making sure they're tight. Sounds like one of your mounting points has some slop in it.

And stay away from Autozone mechanics help if that's the only advice they gave. It sounds like you either have a bad ground or a bad battery cable. Inspect both + and - cables for tight/clean connections, look for any cuts in the insulation that would allow moisture in and corrode them from the inside out.

Any other questions you have, start a thread in the appropriate Tech section. You'll get all the help you need in there. Good luck