New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Help!high idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Soggybottomboys

Default Help!high idle

94 mustang 5.0 ho
So few weeks ago I got my engine washed to de grease my engine so it would look cleaner and ever since than it was super suttery and hard to start and one day it wouldn't stay alive by its self but since Than I replaced throttle position sensor both my o2 and coolant temp and all new spark plugs and that got it to stay alive and than take away they spudder on it and got it driveable but now the idle sits at 1500 tons sitting there at a dead stop but moving around and drive around town the idle stays at 2000-2500rpms and the car will accelerate by its self fil lits gets to those rpms and ever since than the engine fan stop spinning when it's suppose to be spinning so stop make pit stops every 5 minutes from it over heating I wired it to my radio so when ever my radio on my fans on so it run cold now so I don't know if that would cause also a high idle and in the morning when it's first time starting up in the morning it's super easy to start and I don't have to have my foot on the gas it starts like normal but it's super lopey but than check engine light flash 3-4 times bring idle up to 2g than drops and cleans up idle but goes back to 1500rpms. Driving it to like Walmart and starting it back up I have to have my foot floors when cranking it to get it to barley start and some time I have to just sit there and keep cranking it till it finally starts again but any advice helps
Old 03-29-2017, 12:30 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Simple test would be to unhook the battery for a couple of hours and see if that resets anything.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Soggybottomboys

We have it's doesn't do anything
Old 03-29-2017, 01:52 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Pull codes to see what's stored.

It sounds like you've got a vacuum leak somewhere now. These cars are very sensitive to any extra unmetered air coming in. Give all vacuum lines a good once over looking for cracked/broken lines. There are some major ones that come off the underside of the upper intake which can only be accessed by pulling the intake off. Which only takes an extra 5 minutes.

Otherwise the only real accurate way to check for leaks is with a smoke machine. Google will show you how to make your own if you go that route.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Soggybottomboys

The only thing that leaked when I smoke tested it was egr but we blocked it off and it didn't change at all
Old 03-30-2017, 06:18 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Ok, then I'd still see what you have for codes then. If that turns up clean, do a Base Idle Reset to see if that helps.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Soggybottomboys

ILl see what codes show up
Old 04-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Soggybottomboys

I pulled the codes 334 543 121