New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forums

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:21 PM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Default New to the forums

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background=" height=250 UNABLE="off">hay Ravonaf thats some good advice about buying a new one but any about buying a used one say a 99 ???</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
Old 01-28-2004, 12:13 AM
ravonaf

T_Stang</P>

For a used vehicle I would shop around, hit alot of sites and try to get a consensus of what the vehicle is going for. If you want to take a risk and don't mind traveling to get the Stang e-bay is always a choice. Make sure you run the VIN number at a site like carfax. And of course get an extended warrenty (not from the dealer, they will screw you on the price). A coworker of mine got a good deal on a car through ebay. However it can take a while for that perfect car to come up at auction. I couldn't wait. Make sure you have a mechanic check it out before you buy it. Course you sound like you know your way around stangs so you may be able to do it yourself. If you buy used from a dealer never ever sign an "as is" clause. They should offer at least a 90 day warrenty. If it's "as is" they are probably hiding something. Don't put any money down until the deal is done. If buying from a person make sure they have the title. A lot of stolen cars get sold that way. I know a lot of this is comman sense but it's easy to overlook things in the heat of buying a car. If the deal doesn't feel right walk away. There will always be another Stang around the corner up for sale. </P>

I've been doing some serious home work in preparation in buying. 99% of people buying new or used cars pay too much because they don't know better. I feel so much better walking into a dealership fully armed with the knowledge of what a good deal is and what is not. I can not say enough about www.carbuyingtips.com. I know I sound like a comercial but everything is on that site and it costs nothing. </P>

</P>
Old 01-30-2004, 11:08 PM
2001v6

Thanks a lot for the tips and advice. :-) Here's basically what it's broken down to:</P>

I've gone through about 7 dealers now and tomorrow I'm going to the 8th to see what they have to offer. They seem rather cool so I'm willing to give it a shot. They'd have to order my 2004 40th anniversary black clearcoat, mach 1000, dark charcoal interior for me. It would take about 8-12 weeks from the factory. The thing I noticed though, is that the tape stripes only go down the hood and rear deck lid. Why not the roof too? I'm contemplating just getting the gt premium with interior upgrade and doing my own body style work. Any thoughts? Any advantage to the 40th package that's worth $900 extra? Just thinking out loud here. Also, if anyone has AIM or some such please feel free to PM me with your name if you feel like chatting, would love to.</P>

Regards,</P>

Kris</P>
Old 02-02-2004, 12:14 PM
hotrodman
I ♥ Acer

hey welcome....