New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello to All

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
68myway

Default Hello to All

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I own a 68 fastback, black with silver stripes, 17" steve mcqueen rims. HiPo? 302, competition series 4barrell. I bought it from a mechanic who had it garaged for quite some time and sold it to me for only 5k. It had some rust and bondo, and no paint, but I took welding in school so i fixed that the best I could, the bodyshop did the rest.
My additions so far have been the:
-Tri-Y headers
-Flowmaster 40 serious exhaust and pipes
-MSD ignition kit
-got rid of the points for electronic ignition
-threw in a tachometer
-KN intake.

Want to get some advice from some who knows that they are talking about. I am sick of this transmission. Its pist me off too many times. I am not sure I havent had time to figure it out, but I am pretty sure it is the stock tranny that comes with the stock 68 302, so it would be what a c3? I don't want any **** about it being automatic, I fly a helicopter for a living so I need to give the arms a rest. I wanted someones advice about a new tranny. The current one has been rebuilt once, buts its only a 3 speed. What would be my best upgrade options as far as automatic trannys for these specs? I want speed and reliability. I could also settle for something a hurtst type shifter. Any opinions would be appreciated. But I would like to keep it automatic. As far as helicopters go,you can ask me anything, but help me out with the car.

Also any suggestions about inexpensive upgrades, as far as horsepower, would be appreciated.
Ill post a pic when I get a chance, it gorgeous.
And to the webmasters, I'll post in the appropriate forums from now on w/ tech issues. But please don't relocate this post, I would appreciate the pms I might recieve. From this post.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello to All

Check out our classic section. They will have all the answers you need. Oh and welcome to the forums
Old 01-25-2006, 04:25 AM
BlkWidow
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum...please do post some pics. '68 fb is one of my favorite bodies - you have good taste!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:13 AM
ekthrilla
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:40 PM
7arpad7
2nd Gear Member

'Look forward to the pics. "Four" sure, get something with overdrive and then lower your rear gear to a 3.73 or more. That will start the healing process, as it will be just the first thing on the doctor's orders.

Welcome,
7arpad7