New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi, I'm new Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Default Hi, I'm new Here!

My name is John and I am a long time Mustang fan, always wanted one and finally opportunity smiled and I have my FIRST REGISTERED 'stang. I have started many restorations but had to sell them before completion due to buying a house, having kids, financial setbacks, etc. My wife whose first car was a '66, got hers in 2001, Bullitt GT, #912. My sons saw the magazine ads about the car and began pumping her up to see one. A local dealer sent out ads for 2.9 finance so she called them on a whim to see if they had one, it turns out the lead mechanic ordered one, but had to cancel the purchase, due to an unforeseen expense, his wife was pregnant. We walked in put a deposit on the car, called a friend and got the Ford employee discount, to say the dealer was perturbed would be an understatement. The car is a garage queen, because she seldom uses it.

Myself, I have a 70 Mach I which I am restoring a 351C, 4 Speed car, with AC, Shaker Hood, Spoilers, Rear window slats, detroit locker, and competition suspension, oh, and best of all it it is Competition Yellow! I have basically re-welded the whole car, replacing Torque boxes, frame rails, floors, wheel houses, rear quarters, rear valance, and much more. I hope to have it ready to paint this summer.

I fell into my new car a black '04 GT, 40th anniversary model due to the feeding frenzy of mustang buyers to get the'05. I had an '04 F-150 FX4 which turned out to be the truck from hell, I was getting ready to have Ford buy it back under the lemon law, when I decided to move to VA. It would be quicker to trade it in, and move on. I decided with the milder Southern weather I could get more use out of a 'stang and it would do better on fuel. I was looking at used Cobra's ($33K for a used '03) but had sticker shock, and decided on a used GT. My wife and I were just returning the Cobra from the test drive when we saw this black GT sitting on the lot. It had just been turned in. We looked it over, it had 4,000 miles on it, looked and smelled brand new and was loaded with options, we bought the car for $17,500., how could we go wrong! The car is beautiful, I love driving it! But having the Bullitt as a comparison is tough. So, I'm taking some time and hot-rodding it a tad. My wife and I set a budget for the car of $1000. So far this is what I have done and it's cost.

Ford Racing Performance Suspension M-5400-A $380. Awesome Improvement! struts, springs, and sway bars
Profession products Power 70mm throttle Body, upper intake and 1/2" intake riser $228 . Really wakes up the engine !
UPR products Cold air intake and "Big Mouth Filter" $139. Minor improvement, quiet operation, Looks great!
Flowmaster Super 40 Mufflers $170 Installing this weekend
And finally, Steeda underdrive pulleys $199 To be ordered........
OK, OK, I'm up to $1,100. , but really, the gains are nice for the money, and remember a Bullitt had a surcharge of $3500. over a stock Mustang, more to come, stay tuned. Nice talking with Y'all,
John
Old 01-27-2006, 01:22 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi, I'm new Here!

Welcome! Sounds like the resto is going well, and also the modding of the 04! Post some pics of your stangs, especially the mach and bullitt.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Zurn
1st Gear Member

howdy. [8D]
Old 01-28-2006, 05:53 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Welcome. Hope your restore goes well and keep us up to date.
Dont forget to get some pics up.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:57 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

welcome to the site
Old 02-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Moparman87
3rd Gear Member

Welcome To The Forums!