New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here, and im a girl

Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 PM
MustangGirl426
2nd Gear Member

Default New here, and im a girl

haha....
Ive been reading through the posts here and have learned ALOT. Most of it still goes right over my head, though.
Anyways, I have a Black 2004 V6 Mustang 3.9L(coupe) Manual Trans. totally stock (besides tinted windows and Rockford Fosgate amp and 2 tens in the trunk) and I am looking forward to sprucing her up a little bit. The first thing i'm going to get is 18" chrome Cobra R's but im wondering if 17" will be better (better handling). I know 18" would look REAL niiiice though... (The shop near my house quoted me at $1,400 which includes rims, tires and installation, anyone think this is absurd or normal??) I am also wondering if you think it would be better to do some modifications like CAI first before anything?? I dont know where to start, HELP!! I really want to make her faster, I swear a Geo Metro kicked my *** at the light the other day... It was really embarassing.... hehe j/k but sometimes I think that COULD happen.

The top three things I should do first are......?

Old 01-27-2006, 09:41 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: New here, and im a girl

the performance aspect of the 3.8l, and now the 3.9l is a touchy subject. most would tell you to swap a V8 or turbo/supercharge the car... however not everyone is into badass perfroamance. Its your car, do whatever you would like to. however, A set of wheels would definitly set off the car, possibly even a lip for the front bumper. Does it have a spoiler? You might liek the way one looks on there!

As far as wheels go. pick a set that you dont think you will ruin. I put a set of wheels on my ex's car and up until i pu them on, she never hit any curbs.... she had them for a month before i had to replace a tire from her smacking curbs. Think about the area you live in and go from there. 17" is a stock size on the stang and with the car lowered a small amount, it really sets it off. but 18" wheels just look great, but not after you hit potholes.. lol
Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Welcome, and im a guy.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:50 PM
MustangGirl426
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, my car already has a spoiler, I made sure to get one of those! I've also thought about a lip, especially because those are cheap!

I thought about the whole scraping the curb thing, and I can honestly say in the 2 years i've had my mustang, ive only scraped the front pasenger rim one time, and thats it. However, knowing me......

I definitely want to add something to make it louder, like cold air intake and/or some kind of exhaust. I really wish I knew more about this stuff - sorry guys... but I figured you are THE people to ask. My three priorities are rims, something to make it sound nice and rumbly, and something to make it a little bit faster... Recommends?

Also, how much do 18" rims really affect the handling/turning of the car?

Thank you!!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: MustangGirl426

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, my car already has a spoiler, I made sure to get one of those! I've also thought about a lip, especially because those are cheap!

I thought about the whole scraping the curb thing, and I can honestly say in the 2 years i've had my mustang, ive only scraped the front pasenger rim one time, and thats it. However, knowing me......

I definitely want to add something to make it louder, like cold air intake and/or some kind of exhaust. I really wish I knew more about this stuff - sorry guys... but I figured you are THE people to ask. My three priorities are rims, something to make it sound nice and rumbly, and something to make it a little bit faster... Recommends?

Thank you!!

[/quote

For making it faster if i were your I would get gears and a tuner first. For the rims 18 cost a lot more than 17's rim and tire wise and will pyut more weight on it but not to much. For exhaust are you looking for loud, deep?
And O yea welcome to the forums!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:20 AM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGirl426

Thank you!!

Oops.
For making it faster if i were your I would get gears and a tuner first. For the rims 18 cost a lot more than 17's rim and tire wise and will pyut more weight on it but not to much. For exhaust are you looking for loud, deep?
And O yea welcome to the forums!
And it's good to have more girls in here. That is hot to have girls driving mustangs
Old 01-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Crystal
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums from one California girl to another. It's great to see more girls coming on here.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Zurn
1st Gear Member

Welcome aboard. I am a dude.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:18 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

hello and welcome. I am sure you got a lot of welcoming...especially telling everyone on this site that you are a girl. Good luck fighting them off. If you need a stick just tell me. But anyways, if you need some help on your car then just ask. I have a 4.6 (V8) but i can still tell you what you should get for what you are looking for. My e mail is stangc83@yahoo.com so jsut giv me a chat if you need something. Wait i have to say it... i am a guy, just like everyelse on this site except for you.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:50 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Welcome aboard. I'm sure the other females will be happy that theres another girl on here. LOL. Enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New here, and im a girl