Default RE: NED 7-14-06

****ty turnout.
Best pass:

60' 1.879
330' 4.997
1/8 7.578@96.09
1000 9.809
1/4 11.739@115.96

For some reason it would stop spraying at the top of third and wont spray in fourth...
Don't know at all
Maybe my battery isn't up to par and it's just blowing the spark out?
Was having charging issues.

Regardless, i now broke 11's but not where I want to be.
Didn't even get a new mph to boast about
Old 07-15-2006, 02:18 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

yeah im suprised you weren't trapping any higher since you were spraying outta the hole though you did say the spray shut down at the end of third. i was thinking about putting my front drag springs in today but for some reason i feel as if i am gonna run into trouble and i have work at 5 am tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Pretty much a waste of a trip up there. Pretty boring. I enjoyed watching kyle run, and a neon running 11.7's. Pretty crazy. I dont like bikes, jr dragsters, sleds, or the older cars because its sad to watch a full out drag car get spanked by a Turbo Neon. Figure out whats holding up the nitrous from flowing ? Put a battery in that thing thats actually
SUPPOSED to be in it, not a 4cyl with 400CCA.

Got a few pics of you, but not very good. I'll post them up when i get home.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:08 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

yeah i hate the bikes, snow jets or whatever they are and those little kids racing. i also hate the burnout contest they do and the king of the hill. when i went up last week i waited from 8 o'clock to 9:50 to get my last run in. was f'n retarded and a waste of me being there especially when i lined up in the right lane and they put me in the left as i get up there just so some old guy in his nova could run low 12's. if he was in the left lane i prolly woulda had him since theres no traction in the left lane and that most likely woulda made up only a couple tenths. i won't be there for awhile or atleast til it cools off more or if i get a few mods done.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Yes, the king of the hill thing is bull****.
Don't care or want to watch.
When i want to watch I'll pay 10 buxx and sit on a bleecher.

Called vinny to ask him about my problem, got his voicemail so i'll wait for his call.
Really stumped as to why it isn't working properly.
I'm sure i'd figure out more **** if I had a wideband on the thing.

Oh and I forgot to mention, know that Gas station on 125 right before the drags?
Sunoco or Shell or something?
We pulled in because my friend wanted cigs and I'm sitting there idling along with Sean(kid with black wrx) near the dirt like parking lot area at the front of the place.
Sean's wiping off his numbers off the windows because it's illegal now. But anyways, cars idling just sitting there in it and a cop pulls in.
Pulls right around sean and I and he pulls right behind me and stops.
Gets out of his car and starts giving me all kinds of ****.
First being, no front plate.
That i can understand because it's like some law or some ****.
Secondly he then started bitching about my bottle, saying it was a FUEL CELL and it's illegal.
Then I calmly explained to him that Nitrous Isnt Flammable and ended up having to show him the Cool Sticker on my bottle :F
THEN he started bitching about my cowl, how it's Illegal.
Whatever, he walks back to his car and sits there for a min or two.
My car's idling the whole time(on the nitrous tune btw forgot to switch back after I left my last pass)
He comes back to the window and says that I can't drive my car home and I need it towed from that spot.
I asked him why and he said my exhaust smells bad and my cowl is too big.
So if you want it home, get a tow truck.
So im saying it's just running a little rich at the moment it needs a tune(just some bs so he doesnt look under the car to see i have no cats), but it was running very rich because of the n2o tune i had it set on at the time.
So he pulls me out of the car and pulls out his Hand Book.
Then says again I need a tow truck to move that car, and I should have it TRAILERED back and forth to the track.
'It's not a street car"
Friggin douche.
Ended up waiting around for 15 mins and had a friend drive right in front of me and one right behind me while I busted *** to this girls house.
Very stupid ******* rookie cop.
No ticket though

Edit:And yeah, the trap didnt go anyhigher because it stopped spraying...
I can trap 112/113ish on the motor alone... rediculous
Old 07-16-2006, 12:02 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

yeah i have run into my fair share of ******* cops

did you have to get it towed or did you wait for him to leave? i'd be screwed if that happened to me because my tow bill would be huge.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

If any of you need to do that just call me..... i'll talk to you and if the guy asks to talk to me put him on the phone I'll pretend im the tow truck driver. If it gets serious i have a guy who tows. Cheap.

Anywhoo.... i have had problems and even have had a cop come to my house and ask to see my exhaust because he asked me to replace it..... i didnt replace it but i told him i did.... he smiled and said. I could tell you changed it because it looks different.... I couldnt belive he fell for it.. what a moron.

Cowls are not illegal. Nitrous isnt either, unless youre in Maine and you need a permit to carry no2 in a vehicle. As for the exhaust they wont get under it.... only state troopers do and they ask you to hold on to their hats. Trust me. They cant pull you over in a public place like a gas station. hahahaha. thats priceless...... I respect police officers.... but when one is being a total dick or a jackass to me.... i get very angry and loose all respect. Then i talk to them like someone i dont care for and they usually calm down.... i guess they think im crazy. But oh well.... you wanna treat me disrespectful... i will do it to you.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Sounds to me like the cops wife was holding out the night before and he took it out on you!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

Sounds to me like the cops wife was holding out the night before and he took it out on you!
Yeah, right?
May shoot to the track again this wednesday.
Going to replace the fuel filter today and see if that will help my nitrous problem.
Don't have a wideband so I can't see if it really isn't spraying and im just going pig rich at the end of the track.
Or leaning out or whatever.

Hmmf...
Ooo forgot, grand marquis sitting in the yard.
Think i'll steal the battery
Old 07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
jaymac
1st Gear Member

the GM batt. might be crap, too, as It's been most likely dead for a while. Ante up for the big boy, and upgrade the alt, too, if you're having probs.
Plus, you don't have a window switch either, so you're losing time there, not power-shifting W/ NO2, and those 60's didn't seem to kick *** for launching on the gas. Did you play with your air pressure/burnout?

Quick Reply: NED 7-14-06