North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Mid-Atlantic Mustang Mania 5 Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Default Mid-Atlantic Mustang Mania 5 Cruise

Hello guys/gals,

I'm posting this on behalf of Flewbyu to help spread the word on the cruise.

I hope everyone had a good summer because its time for it to go bye bye lol. Lets welcome the Fall with our Mustang Mania 5 cruise! Judging by the number of email request asking about it people are looking forward to another of our cruises. You now have all the info upfront for you to make arrangements to attend in plenty of time. Mark your calendars today! Looking forward to seeing the new faces as well as the old.

Please download the flier from www.flewbyu.com and pass out to fellow mustang owners.

A couple of changes on this cruise.

#1 Free to attend! No fees this fall so that alone should get all the cheapskates to pile on ha ha. Everyone should bring a cooler with drinks,snacks and chairs if you have them. We will be stopping at Papa Johns where everyone can pay for there own lunch if you want something hot. (wings, pizza, etc) You can always just snack on what you bring in your cooler as well. FYI a pizza for one, 1 topping pizza and a coke is only $5.00!

#2 There are four (4) stops rather than 5 this cruise, with one of them via the Inner harbor! Can you see all the faces looking and pointing at us now?! :-)

Lets see how many people show once we start putting the info out there. Mustangers you can just show up without any registration fees, etc. just pick your place and time and that's it. If there are any questions please pm or email me and I will reply as soon as I can. It's the busy time of the year and the phone rings off the hook at times so email is preferred.

Start spreading the word!

Flewbyu
Old 09-13-2008, 01:02 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

You know what would be a cool addition to the cruise this time? Trophies...but since trophies cost money, maybe just have everyone vote on Best In Show, Coolest Paint, etc etc etc.

I'll be there for sure as long as I get my hood back from the shop in time.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

I'm gonna see if we can make it! Depends on if the gas prices get too high like they are saying
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Hope you guys can make it. They are a good time. Trophies would be good but we wanted to keep the cost as low as possible with gas prices. Bringing food/drink will keep costs down so hopefully folks will be able to join.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:20 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Heavyg72
Hope you guys can make it. They are a good time. Trophies would be good but we wanted to keep the cost as low as possible with gas prices. Bringing food/drink will keep costs down so hopefully folks will be able to join.

Right, which is why I meant more like a vote for best in each class, not actual trophies. Virtually free.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by suoperdave84
Right, which is why I meant more like a vote for best in each class, not actual trophies. Virtually free.

Sounds like a great idea to me guys. Consider it added, maybe 3 or 4 areas to judge. So how about these.

#1 Best in show..ie best overall effort- how its tied together, etc

#2 Most original concept..ie something that's not typical cookie cutter idea. Example of non winner would be someone brought a new Roush and that's it nothing more. Nope cant win, that's not original and took no effort or thought except signing on line. Sweet car though.

#3 Best sound- self explanatory, a few seconds of revving like we did at the Senator cruise. (for those who made it know, for those who didn't shame on you!

#4 Best burn out! Yeah keep dreaming, no place to do that and since police monitor these sites at times it is illegal I might add. :-)

Anyway- we need 3 or 4 categories so let me know if you think of something or want to swap out something.. Depending on feedback and Mustang Mania 5 support I may spring for the awards myself. The effort people put in to bring this together will determine the results.

Fliers should already have started posting and being passed out..

Thanks guys.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7OlNa8ULGM

Last edited by flewbyu; 09-13-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-14-2008, 10:41 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Why is this thread moved to where no one can find it? Can't we get one of the mods to allow it in the GT section or something? Other people manage to swing that.

Walker I might have an idea for some awards....free ones. Give me a day or two and I'll get back to you.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by suoperdave84
Why is this thread moved to where no one can find it? Can't we get one of the mods to allow it in the GT section or something? Other people manage to swing that.

Walker I might have an idea for some awards....free ones. Give me a day or two and I'll get back to you.
I was wondering the same things as they moved it in about 5min after I posted it. Anyone know who to go to get more notice. I see another thread in the 2005 - 2008 section about a cruise/drive and no one has moved that one yet. Not sure why ours did.

Any ideas?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Try contacting MyGT500 or Joolander. I have seen them approve posts like this before. Just tell them you love their cars....you won't even have to lie!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
rezarxt
2nd Gear Member

Im in VA but Ill try my best to make it. Last cruise was amazing!

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Mustang Mania 5 Cruise