North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Rally North America's "Rally New England"

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Default Rally North America's "Rally New England"

**EDIT** We are currently in 6th place and you folks want a Mustang to be in the top 5 right?? $10 from 7 people puts us in 5th and helps kids**

Rally North America’s “Rally New England” July 22-25, 2013

2012's Rally's (Rally Dixie and Rocky Mountain Rally) were a huge success, we raised more than $60,000 for the Accelerated Cure Project! Rally North America is raising the bar, our goal for Rally New England is set at $80,000 and there are only 20 spots open as of right now!

Text below blatantly plagiarized and copied from Zepplin's post for RMR.

Established in the winter of 2009, Rally North America is a non-for-profit organization, aimed at bringing automotive enthusiasts from all over the United States and Canada, together to do to one thing: rallying. While other large rallies require unjustifiably high costs to enter and participate in; Rally North America, or RNA, makes road rallies fun and affordable for everyone. Each rally organized by Rally North America, emphasizes one key idea: driving for a cause. There are several charities and non-profit organizations that give back to their causes. RNA believes that by combining the love for the automotive lifestyle and helping those in need, it is possible to do something “good” with the automotive hobby.

In our 2010 Route 66 Rally, ninety participants raised over $3,000 for the Stephanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research. Teams started in both Chicago, IL and Los Angeles, CA, and spent three days traveling down historic Route 66. Each day was filled with epic scenery and three checkpoints. Some 2,000 miles later, the east coast teams met the west coast teams in Amarillo, TX for a grand finale celebration and party. Awards were given out, sponsors thanked, and good times were had.

The 2011 rally was another 1000+ mile trek through the Appalachia’s. It was another great 3 day event with all proceeds going to the “Fallen Heroes Fund” charity. The scenery was great, and so was the friendly competition!

Rally North America is fortunate to benefit from the professional film work of TJ Fry and The MOB Theory, who continue to document these road rallies. There are also a vast amount of large-scale sponsors who help contribute to Rally North America’s road rallies including CJ Pony Parts, and CarDomain.com.

In 2012 Rally North America hosted two rally's, Rally Dixie which brought together 80 teams for a three day event starting off in Noblesville, IN and coming to a close in Pensacola, FL. Rocky Mountain Rally had around 30 teams that started their adventure in Colorado Springs, CO and finished three days later in Las Vegas, NV.

Rally North America has chosen Camp Sunshine on Lake Sebago in Maine as the 2013 benefactor and it's shaping up to be another "not to be missed" event! With laps at Watkins Glen International immediately following the drivers meeting, a charity auction, more track time at Skyview Drags and Devils Bowl Speedway as well as numerous checkpoints each day you will have a blast! The rally concludes three days later in Saint John, New Brunswick!

The entry fee is set at $225, if your team raises more than $200 for Camp Sunshine you'll get 2 exclusive event t-shirts. Your team must also make a mandatory donation of $75 to Camp Sunshine via the fundraising site Firstgiving.com (shameless plug for my team's donation page Team Tallahassee).

Other costs you must be prepared for are hotels, fuel, passport (if you don't have one) and food. Rally North America has negotiated room rates and the rates are very reasonable.

11-12 of the 60 teams registered so far are Mustangs, will yours be one of the 20 remaining??

Visit Rally North America's page to register or learn more details.

Speaking from experience, this is a ton of fun with alot of great people raising money for a very worthwhile charity. You will not find a more reasonably priced rally with this many teams anywhere, do it!!!

Last edited by BTR-75; 07-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

As of this morning there's one more Mustang (a 1968) registered and 17 open spots remaining.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Rally Dixie Day 1
http://player.vimeo.com/video/52578679?badge=0

Rally Dixie Day 2
http://player.vimeo.com/video/52587261?badge=0

Rally Dixie Day 3
http://player.vimeo.com/video/52726702?badge=0

As of this morning there are only 8 spots left!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Only 3 spots left.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

The rally is full, actually has been for some time now, but they are still accepting "stand-by" applications if you're interested. There were 5-6 stand-by teams that made it in last year if memory serves me correct. So far this year they've added 2 spots to the rally (it used to be a field of 82) and at least 2 "stand-by" teams have been called up.

This year, not counting the 11 teams that have yet to announce what they'll be driving, there are 14 Mustangs in the field of 84.

If you can't join us but want to help then have I got a deal for you!! You can donate to my team, Team Tallahassee.

If you don't like me but still want to help then feel free to peruse the list of teams (https://www.firstgiving.com/1478/rallynewengland) and pick a team that suits your fancy and give them a donation.

The goal is to raise $80,000 for Camp Sunshine and we are at just over $15,000 right now.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Rally New England / Camp Sunshine FAQ's

1. Does the money I donate go to you?
No, all donations go directly to Camp Sunshine via the fundraising site FirstGiving.

2. What's Camp Sunshine?
Camp Sunshine provides respite, support, joy and hope to children with life-threatening illnesses and their immediate families through various stages of a child’s illness. The year-round program is free of charge to all families, and includes 24-hour onsite medical and psychosocial support. For more info check them out at http://www.campsunshine.org

3. How / Why are you involved with Rally North America / Camp Sunshine?
A friend of mine told me about Rally North America (www.rallynorthamerica.com) and the rally he’d done in 2011 for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes, he said it was a ton of fun and unlike other rallies was very affordable. Each year RNA selects a new beneficiary and coordinates a rally to raise money for them. I made it in just under the wire and was able to participate in Rally Dixie in 2012 which started just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana and ended in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. The beneficiary for Rally Dixie was the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis and between Rally Dixie and the Rocky Mountain Rally (our west coast counterpart) we raised of $63,000.00 for ACP.

Upon hearing who the 2013 beneficiary was going to be (Camp Sunshine) and where the rally would be going (New England) I knew I had to do it again. I have no ties to Camp Sunshine other than it’s from Maine, but they are a wonderful organization that helps children and families from all over the country.

4. Who pays for your food/gas/hotel while on the rally? / How much does it cost you to participate in the rally?
The individual teams are responsible for paying these expenses out of their own pocket; however the rally organizers do negotiate with the hotels so teams can pay a discounted rate.

Each team is responsible for paying a $225.00 entry fee which covers the cost of making decals and shipping them to us. Each team must also make a minimum donation of $75.00 to the Camp Sunshine. Hotels, thanks to the negotiated rates, will only cost a little over $400.00. As far as food goes, I figure I have to eat regardless of where I am, I’ll plan on about $350.00. Gas is a little trickier to plan for but I’ve estimated it’ll be about 4,000 miles roundtrip for me from Tallahassee so provided gas prices don’t spike too badly I’ll be at around $800 for fuel. I’m sure there will be some miscellaneous costs in there as well, but my total for the rally should be around $2,000.00.

5. Why are you doing it? / What's in it for you?
First off, I'll be honest, it's a lot of fun and I enjoy the camaraderie. Second I'm very fortunate to be in a position to be able to do something like this that can help children & families escape to Camp Sunshine for a week. I'm looking forward to bringing smiles to as many faces as I can when we arrive at Camp Sunshine; I have some really fun things planned for my car.

6. Are you really driving from Tallahassee, FL to Ithaca, NY then up to Saint John, NB Canada then all the way back to Tallahassee?
Yes, in the span of about 8-9 days.

7. Are you doing it alone?
No, for Rally New England my Dad will join me as my navigator (Team Tallahassee, car #319).

8. So, you're just driving?
No, the organizers have done an amazing job of planning and they have us visiting several scenic and/or historic checkpoints each day as well as several racing venues along the way. We'll have to find the checkpoints each day and get pictures of the driver & navigator then make our way to the next checkpoint. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt but it's over 3 days and almost 1,000 miles.

9. How many other people/teams are doing this?
Currently there are 85 teams signed up, you can see all of them here http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/6

10. I’m from New England, where/when can I see all these cars?
The itinerary could change, but if you go to the following link you can see where we’ll be on any given day between July 22 – 25, 2013. http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/11 I must say, it’s pretty cool seeing all these cars at the starting line each morning.

11. How can I help? / When do donations have to be made?
I'm try to raise enough to send a child & family to Camp Sunshine for a week ($2,000.00) and need as many friends, family & even businesses to donate any amount they can. It's super easy, click the link below and hit the donate button to get started. ANY amount is GREATLY appreciated. Donations can be made anytime between now and when Rally New England kicks off (July 22, 2013).

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundrais...allynewengland

Thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Rally North America selected Team Tallahassee for a Rally Team Spotlight on 2/9/13, click the link to read about us.

http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/12
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

The complete Rally Dixie 2012 video is now up on YouTube.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Somehow double-posted during a database hiccup.

Last edited by BTR-75; 02-21-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Rally New England flyer, come on out and see us if we're near you.
Name:  98068770-083c-4998-a022-2afec7228179_zps701d56ca.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  307.0 KB

Quick Reply: Rally North America's "Rally New England"