Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

Colored Wax, maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:05 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default Colored Wax, maybe?

I just bought my 02 back in June. Apparently, the car has spent most of it's life on the highway, as there are tons of very small rock chips and scratches on the front bumper, and the paint seems, I don't know, "Thin" I guess. These are so small you can't even see them until you are very close, and I didn't even notice them before I got the car home and to the carwash for the first time.

To look new again, I know the bumper will need to be painted. Obviously. But for now, would you suggest a specialty wax of some sort? I've heard some say that colored wax can help fill in tiny scratches, but then again I have heard from others that it is useless. Right now I almost wish for a very minor fender bender so that I could get insurance to pay for a new paint job...I need something to tide me over!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Colored Wax, maybe?

A wax won't be able to hide rocks chips. A glaze has fillers and can hide fine scratches and swirls, it may also be able to hide the light chips for a little bit. I really just depends how bad they are. It is hard to tell without me seeing them. If your scratches on your front bumper are fine,you should be able to polish them out.

I do carry some great quality waxes that can be applied in the sun or shade and have no residue. I also carry glazes that work real well that you put on before the wax. Let me know if you have anymore questions!