Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

products that can be applied by hand

Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
aquajr
2nd Gear Member

Default products that can be applied by hand

i was wondering what types of waxes, seals, and glazes i could use on my tungsten gray mustang without using a porter cable. i do not have the money for the pc just yet so i'll be doing my detailing all by hand. i just want my car to look as good as it can now. thanks for your time.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: products that can be applied by hand

If you haven't already, the first thing I would do is claybar the whole car. This will remove any embedded contaminants from the paint. Next I would use my Light Polish to bring out more shine and reflection plus prep the paint for the next stages. Now you can use my Wet Glaze to add a lot of depth and wetness plus this adds even more slickness. For you color I would top all of this with a sealant. A sealant that is very popular and is super easy to use is the Optimum Opti Seal, this is also currently on sale. With the Opti Seal you just wipe on and walk away, there is no need to buff off, it just dissappears.

All of these products I mentioned are super easy to use by hand and don't have any residue. They are easy on/easy off. If you get a chance check out the detailing section on here, all of these products are very popular on there!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:03 AM
aquajr
2nd Gear Member

wow thanks for the quick reply. i'll check that stuff out i hopefully put my order in tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:45 AM
aquajr
2nd Gear Member

at what point in the process should i wax. is it before applying the glaze?
also can i use your waterless wash in between actual washes?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:55 AM
v6kid07
2nd Gear Member

Wash, claybar, polish, glaze , wax..
Old 11-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

V6kid-has the steps you wan't to follow.

You can use the waterless wash in between washes if the vehicle is really dirty, basically just for light to moderate dust. You don't want to use it if there is a lot of mud and grime. Something you might want to look into is the Optimum No Rinse, this takes place of a conventional wash. You only need 1 ounce of No Rinse with a gallon of water for your solution. You do 1 panel at a time and then dry off right away with a microfiber. You can also make several gallons of Quick Detailer or Clay lube with the No Rinse. This is one product you get a lot for your money. I use it almost exclusively in my detailing business.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:43 PM
v6kid07
2nd Gear Member

I use no rinse religiously lol. Also, it leaves that just waxed look. But, also for the business owners like myself and justin it saves money when it comes to using the water 1 ounce of product to 1 gallon of water you cant beat it.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Justin,

I have yet to apply your glaze to the whole car because each time I try to use it, I have a very hard time wiping it off. It goes back on the shelf every time . [&o]
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Wow, I think the glaze is one of the easiest products I have to use. You don't have to use that much at all and rub it in until it becomes almost clear, it should come off with no effort at all.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:30 AM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

ah just saw this post when was opti seal on sale.. ive been waiting to try that stuff for awhile.. put it on sale again!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: products that can be applied by hand