Obsessive Detail Your source for premier detailing products. We carry Poorboy's World, ClearKote, Optimum, Stoner, Lake Country, and Porter Cable.

So is this how I use no-rinse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Default So is this how I use no-rinse?

So I recently had my Black 04 GT detailed and it came out relatively great. However it is starting to get dirty and I want to keep it looking top notch. Like many other people, I live in an apartment complex and my car is parked in a small shared, underground garage. I am thinking about buying some no rinse from obsessivedetail and buying some wash stuff at my local store. I am also thinking about buying a quick detailer so I can use right afterwards.

So far I am thinking about getting:
Optimum no-rinse
2 buckets, one with a grit guard
a MF wash sponge
and then a waffleweave drying clotch to try it off along with some MF towels to wipe off the quick detailer once I dry the car from the wash and spray the detailer on.

So from what I've heard, all I need to do is to start form the top and work my way down? constantlyrinsing outthe sponge in the wash bucket and then working on one section at a time wiping across the panels horizontally.

Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: So is this how I use no-rinse?

You got the method correct, you want to make sure that your drying towel stays completely clean. That is how you know that you are using it right. There is a sticky at the top of the detailing section on here that has a demo video on how to use No Rinse. That should help you out a lot!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Oh ok thanks.

Do you know if I can hose my car down before and after using no rinse as well? Just like regular car washing?

Cause Eariler today I tried using my hand to wipe some dust/dirt off my bumper and it ended up scratching my cars finish along with it. So I am thinking about going to a coin op car wash or something and giving my car an initial hose down to remove some excess dirt and dust, and then use no rinse and then just hose my car down again before drying it. Would this still be ok? I heard that no rinse had protective polymers and stuff but would rinsing just remove it?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 07-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

There is really no need to prerinse the car unless there is a lot of mud and grime. No Rinse is my main wash method in my detailing business, I hardly ever rinse off a vehicle before using it. Also there is no need to rinse afterwards either, all of the dirt from the vehicle will end up at the bottom of your wash bucket. Your microfiber towels should be completely clean after drying if you are using the No Rinse correctly. This can actually take place of conventional washing.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

oh ok i'm just afraid that if I run my wash mit over a dusty/dirty panel I will pick up the dirt and have it glide across my car and scratch it like it did when I glided my hand over one part
Old 07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

It is very weird to get used to since you have always washed with normal car wash. After you get the hang of it and see that you won't scratch the paint, you will love it!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Actually I don't have too much experience washing cars, this is my first car lol. Oh by way, my no rinse arrived nice and prompty, thanks. But I didn't get the 10% discount? I put mustangforums.com member in the paypal comments box.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Sorry, I must not have seen the mustang forum member, I just refund the discount back to you. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Oh cool thanks for much Justin!