OE Wheels LLC OE Wheel Distributors, LLC is a manufacturer, retailer and wholesaler of automobile wheels and tires. Our main facility is 62,000 square feet, with an inventory of 8.7 million and growing. We carry the largest selection of factory original replacement wheels in North America and are the exclusive distributor of Morxchn Designs.

RESOLVED: Bad Experience with OE Wheels

Old 04-03-2012, 09:27 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Default RESOLVED: Bad Experience with OE Wheels

I just wanted to share my experience with OE Wheels.

I purchased a set of wheels from this company through eBay. Before making the purchase, I called them and asked if the wheels I was looking at would fit a 2006 Mustang GT, I was told that they would fit, no problem. So I placed the order right there on the phone.

I received the wheels and found that they were the wrong offset, sticking out about a 1/2" out of the wheel well. So I called them to arrange return, they didn't want any of that, told me that as long as they bolt to the car they fit, called me some derogatory names and hung up. I called them back, got called ignorant redneck and some other choice words and hung up again.

My recourse was to spread the word about this company, I'm surprised to not find my post on this forum now but none the less, here I am telling of this company again.

Update!

I'm happy to say that my issue with OE Wheels has been resolved.

I recently had the chance to speak with Lance from OE Wheels, he was courteous and very apologetic for what happened to me in the past. I was assured that they have gone to great lengths to improve their customer service since that time.

I had it out for OE but I feel it's time to let by gones be by gones, they've gone above and beyond to make it up to me, they've improved their Better Business Bureau rating and they've received praise from Mustang Forums members. I'm confident OE Wheels will make it right for you if it isn't.

Thanks Lance and good luck.

Last edited by waykooljr; 04-26-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Issue Resolved
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

I thought all these companies had return policies, ESPECIALLY when ordering from internet sites. They were right, they fit, but they fit too far out of bounds. There must be someone there that will listen to reason. NO reason for this situation.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

This was some time ago, maybe they've changed their ways but I'll never recommend OE Wheels after my experience. If I remember right they told me... they'll fit, it just may not be to your liking.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:57 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by 03gt04mach1
I thought all these companies had return policies, ESPECIALLY when ordering from internet sites. They were right, they fit, but they fit too far out of bounds. There must be someone there that will listen to reason. NO reason for this situation.
Sounds to me like he got new edge offset.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
Sounds to me like he got new edge offset.
You may be correct. On the '05 and up the wheel offset did change.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

And technically those do fit and I've seen a few S197s with them. I know there is one memeber on here that has new edge saleens on his S197. But the bad customer service rep isn't a good thing.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:14 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

My car is an '06 GT, you're right, the wheels sold to me were 24 mm offset, I think that offset is for the '94-'04's.

At the time, I wasn't knowledgeable about all the numbers that go with wheels and tires, so I trusted the people at OE to know what was right for my car. That is why I called them, to confirm that the wheels I was looking at would fit my car properly. Protruding 1/4-1/2" outside the wheel well isn't a proper fit.

You're also right that what bugged me most was the customer service. To this day when I see the name OE Wheels, all I think is poor customer service.

They may have changed for the better, maybe not. I did notice that they have an A- with BBB now and a lot of praise here at MF.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by waykooljr
You're also right that what bugged me most was the customer service. To this day when I see the name OE Wheels, all I think is poor customer service.
I'm the same way with cruzin concepts. I wanted a set of wheels and never could get anyone to contact me about them. So I went to another place and bought them. I've also read stories of them trying to screw people over and keep making up excuses of why their wheels aren't there yet, but they charged them for them already.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM
OEWheelsScott
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by waykooljr
I just wanted to share my experience with OE Wheels.

I purchased a set of wheels from this company through eBay. Before making the purchase, I called them and asked if the wheels I was looking at would fit a 2006 Mustang GT, I was told that they would fit, no problem. So I placed the order right there on the phone.

I received the wheels and found that they were the wrong offset, sticking out about a 1/2" out of the wheel well. So I called them to arrange return, they didn't want any of that, told me that as long as they bolt to the car they fit, called me some derogatory names and hung up. I called them back, got called ignorant redneck and some other choice words and hung up again.

My recourse was to spread the word about this company, I'm surprised to not find my post on this forum now but none the less, here I am telling of this company again.

Shame on you OE Wheels!!!

waykooljr,

I'm very sorry you had a nasty experience with us. It sounds like this happened in the past which is by no means an excuse. I did pm you for some info so we can contact you and try to figure out what and why this happened.

Customer service is our number one priority and we strive to make all of you happy. If for any reason someone is not happy with there purchase or has a complaint please contact me Scott Eastwood at 866.273.3651 ext 314

I hope you will contact us or provide a phone number through a pm so I can contact you so we can move on from this.

Thankyou for your time

Scott
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Update!

I'm happy to say that my issue with OE Wheels has been resolved.

I recently had the chance to speak with Lance from OE Wheels, he was courteous and very apologetic for what happened to me in the past. I was assured that they have gone to great lengths to improve their customer service since that time.

I had it out for OE but I feel it's time to let by gones be by gones, they've gone above and beyond to make it up to me, they've improved their Better Business Bureau rating and they've received praise from Mustang Forums members. I'm confident OE Wheels will make it right for you if it isn't.

Thanks Lance and good luck.