Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #21
kellys95gt

Send a message via Yahoo to kellys95gt
Default RE: Rich kids (Rant alert)

I have worked for everything I have. I worked two jobs in high school just to make the payment and insurance on a saturn. I think its better to work for what you get cuz you will definitely respect it more, and you wont expect everything to always be given to you.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:52 AM   #22
Acer2428
Site Mod

Vehicle: F-250 7.3L Powerstroke
DA SERIAL BAWX Liquid_-_Poo

But It'd still be nice to get free stuff....

I work 2 jobs now, 3 over the Summer... Not aimed at anyone here or anyone specific for that matter (hence the "rant alert" warning)

and...

Quote:
I drove it until the transmission went out. He then spent thousands on it to get the motor rebuilt and tranny fixed and to keep it running. He then spent thousands more to replace the transmission after it went. After spending 2,000 on the last tranny that went he finally said "no more" He then helped me get a loan and my own car payments. lol

Transmission out currently....Darn T5's
WTF woman, stop killing those innocent transmissions! lord help you!

Eh, it's alright, I'll just punch the next person in the face who talks about my automatic mustang (YES, I WILL TRAVEL)

Acer2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #23

Automatics suck.

bahahhaa I didn't talk about your crappy auto mustang..

DAMNIT! [:@]
Old 01-06-2005, 02:12 AM   #24
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

I guess i'm kind of between the two groups on this one, I paid 3k towards my 9k first car. I got my mustang in march and my parents are paying my payments and insurance until I graduate. They have always said they wanted me to graduate college without any debt so when my car died they agreed to make payments until I graduate. My mods are out of my own pocket (currently interning) and I kinda have to keep them on the DL so it doesn't **** off the parents about the whole voiding the warranty thing
Old 01-06-2005, 02:20 AM   #25
Eos

Send a message via AIM to Eos Send a message via Yahoo to Eos

The transmissions were already beat to **** when they got into my car. I am a great manual driver.
Edelbrock carb 600 4 barrel
Ford Racing T-5 Transmission
Hurst short throw
Custom 3" driveshaft.
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #26
ryanb311
2nd Gear Member

yep work 2 jobs about 40 hours a week.... 14 credit hours of school.... no money or time for mods
ryanb311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:22 AM   #27
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Acer2428

Well...Just been talking to some people and felt like I had to rant... Everyone's car is oing faster and faster because THEIR PARENTS BOUGHT IT FOR THEM!!! (Not meant towards 2K1GT )

Seriously, if I didn't have car payments I could have TT'ed my car and done forged internals, but I have to make car payments

Like a kid at another HS parents bought him an '04 Z06... And 2 of the ppl I know have 12 sec. stangs in HS b/c they could spend all of their money on mods....

FVCK!!!!!!
I didn't read the thread yet because before I do I just want to say so f**cking what. Act better then them, try harder then them and get them to the track so you can say, "you only beat me by one second and laugh at their spoiled a$$es.....
....then get their girlfriend drunk and charm the shizz out of them until they do the doughnut dance with you and rub it in their rich a$$ face.

HRnB, How to get even 101 and still look like a champ...
..Now available in paper back. [sm=smiley4.gif]

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:13 AM   #28
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

seriosuly Hot ROds is right. i was just about to say the exact same thing...well expet the HRB funny comments...anyway seriosuly guyz one thing that kinda got to me is when people say " Oh... I WORKED FOR EVERYTHING I GOT"...hmmm what does that mean exactly?? everything?? id seriosuly doubt it. who suports our asses before we get a job if we have respecteble parents....and if parents dont suport you then that just SUX thats all.... being suported until u can make it through life by yourslef doesnt mean ur a spoiled brat or a fuggin Noob.... not at all i know a lot of people like that inculding myself actually. yes i do work and make $$$ for car payemnets...but i still have to thank my parents for suporting me. and plz again i wanna say... what does someone REALLY mean when they say , : I worked for EVERYTHING i got".... are u proud? i would be yeah but what does that make u? better than people who get suport people from their parents? hoeslty thats what it sounds like. oh and i seriosuly doubt anyone worked for EVERYthing they got....when at 8? 12? 15? 30? it all depends... meh.
Driver_Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:57 AM   #29
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Driver_Kiddo

seriosuly Hot ROds is right. i was just about to say the exact same thing...well expet the HRB funny comments...anyway seriosuly guyz one thing that kinda got to me is when people say " Oh... I WORKED FOR EVERYTHING I GOT"...hmmm what does that mean exactly?? everything?? id seriosuly doubt it. who suports our asses before we get a job if we have respecteble parents....and if parents dont suport you then that just SUX thats all.... being suported until u can make it through life by yourslef doesnt mean ur a spoiled brat or a fuggin Noob.... not at all i know a lot of people like that inculding myself actually. yes i do work and make $$$ for car payemnets...but i still have to thank my parents for suporting me. and plz again i wanna say... what does someone REALLY mean when they say , : I worked for EVERYTHING i got".... are u proud? i would be yeah but what does that make u? better than people who get suport people from their parents? hoeslty thats what it sounds like. oh and i seriosuly doubt anyone worked for EVERYthing they got....when at 8? 12? 15? 30? it all depends... meh.
Are you Canadian? [sm=smiley24.gif]
...would it be OK if I say I worked for 99.9% of what I have?...Your Highness? [sm=smiley36.gif]

Joe grew up on fried dough (which sounds pretty good about now) but now he's loaning out dough (which sounds pretty good bout nowski too) Money is power, no matter who's it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1

Rock on Joe and Verni! [sm=smiley31.gif]

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #30
ceyko
2nd Gear Member

Eh, I worked for it all with some help. Buy a 2K vehicle? Was granted a loan from the Bank of Dad basically. It was paid back in full. (Superb interest rates though) I liked that approach. Got okay vehicles for a 16 y/o. (safe, somewhat reliable...) and learned that loans suck. However, learned to pay them back also.

Take care,
Ceyko
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
jealous, kids, make, mustang, rich, v6s