Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Rich kids (Rant alert)

Old 01-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #41
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rich kids (Rant alert)

It doesnt matter how u got it as long as you have it!!!!People get jelous when kids are spoiled My parents bought my first car but after that I was on my own[:@]
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

99 Saleen 351r,Vortech S,4k, 565rwh 557.7trq. Msd,O/F X,power pipe,48 pnd inj,Forged motor,twisted wedge heads, fuel system,275 pulley,Snow methanol
99saleen351r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #42
1MeanMach
1st Gear Member

I'm 19 and just graduated HS last year. My family doesn't have much money, so naturally my parents didn't pay for my first car. The school I went to was attended primarily by rich kids, and it always pissed me off to see kids my age or YOUNGER driving around in Porsches and ricers with a **** load of money put into them, while I was paying ins. and car payments on a Plymouth Laser that was only running on 3 cylinders. The thing is, tho, that they never gave a damn about their expensive cars, and couldn't have told you anything about them! Instead, mommy and daddy always paid for parts, ins. etc...The point is, I have more respect for my car than these spoiled kids will ever have for theirs, and it shows. I'd rather respect what I'm driving and working on, rather than just be "driving my parents money"...
Old 01-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #43
Acer2428
Site Mod

Vehicle: F-250 7.3L Powerstroke
DA SERIAL BAWX Liquid_-_Poo

Quote:
depends on the person i guess.

for me I would much rather beef up my V6 than have a GT and line the Insurance Companies pockets..

so the 3 grand the insurance company would have gotten I soaked it intoo my V6 stang..

am i dumb? i dont think so...
Hahaha...Nice, I was gunna be like WTF also...

Not saying I HATE those kids, just saying I wish I was one of them... fvck working for it if you don't have to...

And to MD and Vs: Sounds like a good, decent plan. I wish my parents had done something like that with me. Instead if I get bad grades I get yelled at and the car gets taken away vs. when I do well and all I get is "and keep it that way" response.

I don't know where the hell some people were trying to take this, I was just blowing off some steam about all the money I could have used to s/c, bolt-on, forge my mustang...
Acer2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #44
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to WS6speeDemon

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Acer2428

Well...Just been talking to some people and felt like I had to rant... Everyone's car is oing faster and faster because THEIR PARENTS BOUGHT IT FOR THEM!!! (Not meant towards 2K1GT )

Seriously, if I didn't have car payments I could have TT'ed my car and done forged internals, but I have to make car payments

Like a kid at another HS parents bought him an '04 Z06... And 2 of the ppl I know have 12 sec. stangs in HS b/c they could spend all of their money on mods....

FVCK!!!!!!
So what if their parents bought them their cars... if their parents have the money to give their kids a faster brighter future, thats their ****ing business... I really don't like you're "I don't like how rich kids get everything" attitude... shows off quite a bit that you are jealous. Guess what? If I was a millionaire and had a kid that wanted a Vette as long as I felt him responsible enough, I'd let him have it. Why not? Acer, if you were rich, would you want your parents to be stingy ****ers and not let you in on the loot? Seriously... if they had money coming out their body holes wouldn't it be nice to get something NICE? Don't hate on those people who are doted upon by their parents... its none of your business...

Its not just rich kids either, I know PLENTY unwealthy parents who send their kids to spensive colleges, wont LET them have jobs to pay for anything, and GIVE them their cars AND pay their insurance... NOW, how is that for a turn around?

My Garage
WS6speeDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #45
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 Ford Mustang
Send a message via AIM to T_stang Send a message via Yahoo to T_stang

Well Speed hun this generation is different from mine . We were taught you worked for what you got .My Mom told me i had a roof over my head and 3 square meals > And the rest i did for myself . I just feel if you dont learn that you wont be able to do on your on > Besides its tougher now then it was when i was a teen , jobs are hearder to get unless your schooled. And its good they send them to school, but should encourage them to work while they go . After all there gona have to when they get out >>>>>
Old 01-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #46
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1MeanMach

I'm 19 and just graduated HS last year. My family doesn't have much money, so naturally my parents didn't pay for my first car. The school I went to was attended primarily by rich kids, and it always pissed me off to see kids my age or YOUNGER driving around in Porsches and ricers with a **** load of money put into them, while I was paying ins. and car payments on a Plymouth Laser that was only running on 3 cylinders. The thing is, tho, that they never gave a damn about their expensive cars, and couldn't have told you anything about them! Instead, mommy and daddy always paid for parts, ins. etc...The point is, I have more respect for my car than these spoiled kids will ever have for theirs, and it shows. I'd rather respect what I'm driving and working on, rather than just be "driving my parents money"...
That is PURE jealousy... you guys sound like little girls squabeling over who got the REAL dream barbie and who got the freakin knock off indian barbie... Stop with this "mommy and daddy" bull****, would you people like some CHEESE with that WHINE? you don't KNOW these people, you dont know what goes on in their life or HOW they got it, just because some 19 year old is driving a porsche doesn't mean ****...

whats that I smell?

JEALOUSY.

My Garage
Old 01-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #47
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: T_stang

Well Speed hun this generation is different from mine . We were taught you worked for what you got .My Mom told me i had a roof over my head and 3 square meals > And the rest i did for myself . I just feel if you dont learn that you wont be able to do on your on > Besides its tougher now then it was when i was a teen , jobs are hearder to get unless your schooled. And its good they send them to school, but should encourage them to work while they go . After all there gona have to when they get out >>>>>
Not yellin at u stang but, HOW the HELL do you people know they dont work? I know PLENTY of people who have been given their performance cars as graduation gifts and what not, they are super straight A students and they all WORK... WTF! get off their backs!

but yes T I understand where you are coming from, and it doesn't sound liek you are the jealous one here... I would much rather my child go to school and do what they are supposed to eb doing rather than them worry about car payments and stuff, Dammit, if Ie ver have kids and can, they will get the things they need, and as far as a car goes, if they want a damn vette, porsche, WHATEVER, if they prove themselves, I'll give them the damn car, and that is MY business...

My Garage
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #48
Lance
1st Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

I can say this, when my boys are ready for a car I will ensure they have something nice - they may pay for part of the car or work it off though - they will have to earn it, either through doing well in school or working in some way for it - but either way I know my kids won't be "spoiled" but I will ensure, to the best of my ability, they have everything I never had growing up - that's every parents dream I would think. I didn't care much for kids that got everything they wanted growing up, but you know if my mom coulda handed me whatever I wanted I woulda taken it. If anyone says otherwise they'd be lying.
Aww, you're a sweet father.

I currently have a little over $3,000 dollars saved up for a car.
I'm 16, and working at Hollywood Video.
My father has been promising to buy me a 99+ Mustang GT for awhile, once he gets a job ... but he hasn't worked in 4 years ... so I'll just have to earn it myself, which I don't really mind.
Once I purchase the car myself, I'll be able to truely feel as if the car is my own.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #49
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

Omg yes speed demon!!! u put my thoughts out there... i dotn have to type it anymore...thx!!! lol

seriosuly i agree like 300%....cut the crap and the BS....if u could have it you would love it...shut up about "respect this" and "respect that" that really sounds like jelousy. id LOVE to have bad *** cars if i COULD!! i would take the offer without ANY hesitation with a lot of apreciation. now cut the bull**** cause u would do the same. unless ur maso....
Driver_Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #50
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Evil Sephiroth

I had my First car handed to me from my Parents, it was in 1999, They bought me a 1999 Ford Contour SE Fully Loaded. they paid gas Insurense and for the car, in full. My Parents paid for my 4 years of College and even paid off my 10Grand in Credit Card Debit. Im very Proud of my parents and all their sucess.

Who cares if someone has stuff givin to you. Sounds like people are jealous. I got my 05GT with no help from anyone, but if my parents didnt get the ball rollin for me I woundt have even went to College! Im going to do the same for my kids also, Life is a lot easier if your not worrying about where your next check is coming from and focus on School.

I had great Respect for things that were givin to me, If I paid for it or not.

I didnt read all the replys, to many so Sorry if I reposted anything.
Stroked :-)
4.10 Gears
Methanol Injection
Full exhaust
Nx Nitrous

Evil Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #51
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Driver_Kiddo

Omg yes speed demon!!! u put my thoughts out there... i dotn have to type it anymore...thx!!! lol

seriosuly i agree like 300%....cut the crap and the BS....if u could have it you would love it...shut up about "respect this" and "respect that" that really sounds like jelousy. id LOVE to have bad *** cars if i COULD!! i would take the offer without ANY hesitation with a lot of apreciation. now cut the bull**** cause u would do the same. unless ur maso....
thats right, if parents want to give their kids a bright future, thats their perogative, dont shun other kids or go key their cars(that happened to someone i know) because they have something better than you, damn! CHILDREN!

My Garage
Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #52
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Not yellin at u stang but, HOW the HELL do you people know they dont work? I know PLENTY of people who have been given their performance cars as graduation gifts and what not, they are super straight A students and they all WORK... WTF! get off their backs!

but yes T I understand where you are coming from, and it doesn't sound liek you are the jealous one here... I would much rather my child go to school and do what they are supposed to eb doing rather than them worry about car payments and stuff, Dammit, if Ie ver have kids and can, they will get the things they need, and as far as a car goes, if they want a damn vette, porsche, WHATEVER, if they prove themselves, I'll give them the damn car, and that is MY business...

EXACt Fkin LY!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:37 PM   #53
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Evil Sephiroth

I had my First car handed to me from my Parents, it was in 1999, They bought me a 1999 Ford Contour SE Fully Loaded. they paid gas Insurense and for the car, in full. My Parents paid for my 4 years of College and even paid off my 10Grand in Credit Card Debit. Im very Proud of my parents and all their sucess.

Who cares if someone has stuff givin to you. Sounds like people are jealous. I got my 05GT with no help from anyone, but if my parents didnt get the ball rollin for me I woundt have even went to College! Im going to do the same for my kids also, Life is a lot easier if your not worrying about where your next check is coming from and focus on School.

I had great Respect for things that were givin to me, If I paid for it or not.

I didnt read all the replys, to many so Sorry if I reposted anything.
nah man ur absolutly right.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #54
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Not Kiddo has a good point there <<<>>> if it was given to you youd drive it ,and if any one says they wouldnt <<<>>> I CALL YOU A LIER [8D]
Old 01-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #55
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

can i turn my rant OFF now? or do any of you jealous people have anything else to say?

My Garage
Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #56
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

yeah...seriosuly they cant say nothing now that ur here lol
Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #57
Lance
1st Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

can i turn my rant OFF now? or do any of you jealous people have anything else to say?

I would have to admit that I am jealous. [X(]
Hopefully once I become a parent, I'll be able to buy my children nice things.

Now who wants to donate poor Lance some money for his Mustang GT fund.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #58
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

yes thats exactly what i think. id like to give my children the things that i didnt have that i wished for. lol i pretty much goit everything i wished for expet a big ***** at age 14 i mean it was pretty damn sma.......um nvm. we can all laugh it out now
Old 01-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #59
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Oh Now speed hun you feel better now :-D
Old 01-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #60
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Lance

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

I would have to admit that I am jealous. [X(]
Hopefully once I become a parent, I'll be able to buy my children nice things.

Now who wants to donate poor Lance some money for his Mustang GT fund.
Well, you aren't coming in here saying nasty things about people who have things... sure, I envy people who get to drive my dream car, Porsche 911 TT.... i want one so bad!!!! but I don't say nasty things about them!

Yes Tstang, i feel so much better now...

My Garage
Old 01-06-2005, 08:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
jealous, kids, make, mustang, rich, v6s