Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Rich kids (Rant alert)

Old 01-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #101
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to OUZBnd
Default RE: Rich kids (Rant alert)

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Acer2428

Water under the bridge... It was all fine until you mentioned me specifically then, the excriment hit the rotating oscilator

Cool beans, no problems here, I've just heard too much crap from jealous people and sorta went on a rant, SAWRY! I got a really funny story from you about jealous people:

Story!!!

I work for a family who owns the main produce company in this town... however, the husband works his butt off, sometimes in the summer starting at 6 AM and not getting home till 2AM and then starting up the next day. He works for everything he has, hasn't had a bit handed to him. They give tons of money to the church and charities and stuff, very nice people and they gave me a job training their horses. They let a friend of mine keep her horse their for FREE for about 2 months, and during that time, she brought her bf with her one time... and he was asking about all the nice equipment I was using, and I said that Kirby had bought it... he then followed with a jealous snear, "Rich bastard." I went off on him in about the same way I did here except it was worse... he then tried to tell me that they were rich bastards because they were given everything they had and that they use FARM tags on all their vehicles (farm tags don't cost) and aren't taxed enough, and a bunch of other BS, I then, dragged his *** outside and pointed to the wife's mercedes, no farm tag, the daughters Land Rover, no farm tag, the dad's TRUCK and EXPIDITION, no farm tags, he has ONE vehicle he uses with a farm tag and that is the FARM truck, lmao, this dude and I got into it real bad, then i told him to leave and to never come back, and i told my friend he was never allowed to be at the barn again... my employer is the nicest man ever, and he has invested and worked his butt off for his life, and that dude had it comin to him from me...

but anways, sorry again acer, i was just confused, i misundertood the thread, i don't think i'd call it me being jealous of others things... i sometimes wish i had those things, but i am not jealous of them... jealousy is a strong word use... so when u say ur jealous, its a STRONG feeling, not like just wishing you could be in their shoes or something... it actually means resenting someone who is more successful or has something you do not...
you went off on someone? NO WAY
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #102
Acer2428
Site Mod

Vehicle: F-250 7.3L Powerstroke
DA SERIAL BAWX Liquid_-_Poo

BWAHAHAHA
Acer2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:58 AM   #103
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: The Silver Slut

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Driver_Kiddo

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

Another thing for you all to remember is, ACER and I both live in one of the top 3 richest counties in the US. I have kids at my school that drive $100,000+ cars. Its fvcking crazy. I dont hate rich kids by any means(most people would even call me one), my parents gave me my car, but it was also only 12,000 not 100,000+.

only?? omg give me 12k !!!
Only as in mustang price. $12,000 for a 01 GT with 16k miles is VERY cheap.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:06 AM   #104
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: The Silver Slut

Quote:

what about the 100,000$+ cars?[>:] I WANNA KNOW BOUT DEM!
One of the best cars at my school (not the same as ACER) would be a Jaguar S Type R.

List Price: $62,400
Engine Type: 4.2 liter 32V V-8
Horsepower: 400 bhp@6100rpm
Torque: 408lb-ft@3500rpm
Top Speed: 155 (electronically controlled)
Acceleration 0-60: 5.3s

We had a hummer h1(list over $100,000) last year.

Those would be the top 2 cars in the parking lot.

Other cars at my school include M3s, an escalade on 24's, lexus ls430, and many many others over $30,000 others.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #105
2004 GT RagTop
3rd Gear Member

This was a good topic, good job.

I thought I would just share my situation since I think it applies here. Well i'm 18 years old and my parents bought me a 2004 gt vert, brand new, in May 2004. I drove a 1991 Subaru legacy from when I was 15 (permit) till when I got this car. My parents were VERY poor growing up, so poor that they didn't even have running water, had to get it from a well. Dirt poor. But they have worked unbelievably hard and have had great success coming from nothing to a very respectable income level. We're not wealthy by any means, but respectable. When this car was given to me I basically was told that it was given to me for
1) Being a great son to them, and never causing any major conflict with anything/anyone
2) Always helping out the family whenever i could
3) I have always had great grades my whole life (Almost always straight A's)
4) They wanted me to enjoy my youth, whereas they had a very bad childhood.

I will never stop appreciating my parents for working so hard and buying this car for me, they have my utmost respect. When people go off and say "i hate that rich spoiled fuggar, mommy and daddy bought him everything". Well yes my parents did buy me this car and will pay for insurance and what not. So what? I never talk smack to anyone EVER about my car. I will never put down anyone elses car, b/c I respect everyone for what they have. If they don't have a car, then so be it, they don't have a car. I never brag about having this car to anyone at school. But there are times where I have to defend myself. Occasionally people call me spoiled, and alot of the normal sterotypical comments. I never instigate anything, but this was not exactly handed to me. I have had good grades my whole life, and like I stated earlier there are other reasons for getting this car. By having this car, it actually motivates me to try even harder during school just so I can live up to the standards of having it. So when people call me spoiled, and a rich bitch, that just gets on my nerves. Don't talk smack if the person isn't doing anything directly to you.
2004 GT RagTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:46 AM   #106
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to WS6speeDemon

Quote:
ORIGINAL: OUZBnd

Quote:

Quote:

Water under the bridge... It was all fine until you mentioned me specifically then, the excriment hit the rotating oscilator

Cool beans, no problems here, I've just heard too much crap from jealous people and sorta went on a rant, SAWRY! I got a really funny story from you about jealous people:

Story!!!

I work for a family who owns the main produce company in this town... however, the husband works his butt off, sometimes in the summer starting at 6 AM and not getting home till 2AM and then starting up the next day. He works for everything he has, hasn't had a bit handed to him. They give tons of money to the church and charities and stuff, very nice people and they gave me a job training their horses. They let a friend of mine keep her horse their for FREE for about 2 months, and during that time, she brought her bf with her one time... and he was asking about all the nice equipment I was using, and I said that Kirby had bought it... he then followed with a jealous snear, "Rich bastard." I went off on him in about the same way I did here except it was worse... he then tried to tell me that they were rich bastards because they were given everything they had and that they use FARM tags on all their vehicles (farm tags don't cost) and aren't taxed enough, and a bunch of other BS, I then, dragged his *** outside and pointed to the wife's mercedes, no farm tag, the daughters Land Rover, no farm tag, the dad's TRUCK and EXPIDITION, no farm tags, he has ONE vehicle he uses with a farm tag and that is the FARM truck, lmao, this dude and I got into it real bad, then i told him to leave and to never come back, and i told my friend he was never allowed to be at the barn again... my employer is the nicest man ever, and he has invested and worked his butt off for his life, and that dude had it comin to him from me...

but anways, sorry again acer, i was just confused, i misundertood the thread, i don't think i'd call it me being jealous of others things... i sometimes wish i had those things, but i am not jealous of them... jealousy is a strong word use... so when u say ur jealous, its a STRONG feeling, not like just wishing you could be in their shoes or something... it actually means resenting someone who is more successful or has something you do not...
you went off on someone? NO WAY

ok Ouz, I know you hate me... I will try to behave...

My Garage
WS6speeDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:27 AM   #107
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

If you lived around here, it would be only... There are 3 0r 4 M3's at our school...countless navigators, 1 escalade, 1,999,999,999 V6 stangs, 999 White Jettas, 5 or 6 mercedes, 1 new 350z, 1 infiniti coupe, 3 Z28's, etc....

yeah i know what u mean i live in beverly hills and u guyz should see what everyone is driving from 16 to up. from new 05's to mercedez 90k cars.... yes i know what its like. only 12k for that mustang i agree its a great price but 12k is still hella lot of $$$ to have i could use that to mod the living shi! out of my ride
Driver_Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #108
FoMoCo_Jeppe
2nd Gear Member

well hmmm i worked for a while to buy my mustang (cheap) and my dad and i usually pay for the parts to fix it.. the car has really changed a lot now and is fun to drive..
Old 01-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #109
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I think it's nice that parents share with their kids and help them out. That's what my parents did for me and I turned out OK.

However, I don't think it's a good idea to hand young people anything.

It's just not a good life lesson and they won't learn the values and morals they will need later in life.

Working for it is another story.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #110
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

I think it's nice that parents share with their kids and help them out. That's what my parents did for me and I turned out OK.

It's just not a good life lesson and they won't learn the values and morals they will need later in life.

buying your kid a new mercedes or 05 mustang isn't helping out. that's spoiling them rotten. my first car was a hand me down from my mom. sure, she was helping out. it was a 98 mustang v6. nothing special at all. then she gave me 1500 for a down payment on my 04 GT. the other 8500 i put down was mine. that's helping out.

2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 - stock

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP - GMPP reflash

2007 Corvette - Boltons, Vortech, etc
nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #111
StangMang
5th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to StangMang

Ya, my first car (hyundai) was a hand me down from my sister, but i bought my Jeep Wrangler all by my self and my Mustang
Old 01-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #112
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i would have bought my stang by myself. mommy said "here's $1500 for a new car". who am i to argue with that? makes my payments slightly less. every little bit helps!

2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 - stock

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP - GMPP reflash

2007 Corvette - Boltons, Vortech, etc
nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #113
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nanaki

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

buying your kid a new mercedes or 05 mustang isn't helping out. that's spoiling them rotten. my first car was a hand me down from my mom. sure, she was helping out. it was a 98 mustang v6. nothing special at all. then she gave me 1500 for a down payment on my 04 GT. the other 8500 i put down was mine. that's helping out.
"help" depends on your perspective dude.

If the parents were multi-millionaires, the 100k isn't any different to them than my father buying me a 5k ride when I was 17.

My original statement that it isn't a good idea to hand anything to a kid stands
Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
jealous, kids, make, mustang, rich, v6s