Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #21
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: American History X

I would love for you guys who "support" the south and what's represented by the flag to give me a realllllly good explanation about what it means to support the ideals behind out. Secondarily, what does it mean when poeple say "the south will rise again?" From an insiders point of view. When you say you support the former confederacy in 2008, what are you /really/ supporting?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
pj1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #22
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: pj1010

Similar to the open-carry guys, the majority of the folks who sport the confederate flag do it for the attention. I've only known a few poeple to display the flag. Oddly enough, all were on the back windows of rusted pickup trucks.
i love such close minded people. makes me so much happier to know i dontprejudge people becuase i cant see outside the box
65rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #23
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

I would love for you guys who "support" the south and what's represented by the flag to give me a realllllly good explanation about what it means to support the ideals behind out. Secondarily, what does it mean when poeple say "the south will rise again?" From an insiders point of view. When you say you support the former confederacy in 2008, what are you /really/ supporting?
i had a reply typed, then realized no matter how a person states their opinions as a rebuttle to your generalizations that you wouldnt see it any way but your own.

so i deleted it and typed this instead
65rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #24
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:

Government

And 65, your absolutly correct. Sometimes the people who call others racists are the ones who are truely racist. Rusted pickup trucks? So, only racist southerners drive rusted pickup trucks? "Well it's true Nic! Alot of Southerners own pickup trucks." Ok, well, alot of black people are criminals too, aren't they? It's statstical. But then I would get slapped with the race card...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #25
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

But you chastize mefor being close minded. You write me off before you give me a chance to see your point of view. Hypocritical.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #26
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: baddog671

Quote:

Government

And 65, your absolutly correct. Sometimes the people who call others racists are the ones who are truely racist. Rusted pickup trucks? So, only racist southerners drive rusted pickup trucks? "Well it's true Nic! Alot of Southerners own pickup trucks." Ok, well, alot of black people are criminals too, aren't they? It's statstical. But then I would get slapped with the race card...
Government? Really? That's your full answer? What about the govenment?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #27
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 65rangoon
i had a reply typed, then realized no matter how a person states their opinions as a rebuttle to your generalizations that you wouldnt see it any way but your own.

Again, Im going to agree wholly with you. I often see posts here in OT that hit a dozen pages long and want to voice my opinion, but whats the point? No one is willing to see other's peoples' point of views, only their own...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #28
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 65rangoon

Again, Im going to agree wholly with you. I often see posts here in OT that hit a dozen pages long and want to voice my opinion, but whats the point? No one is willing to see other's peoples' point of views, only their own...
Unfair generalization. I would love to hear you out. Don't expect me to agree with you and hold my tongue. After all, isn't that the whole point of a forum?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #29
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Government

Government? Really? That's your full answer? What about the govenment?
Yes, thats my full answer. I shouldn't have to say anything more than that! You as an American should already know what I'm talking about.

History, it's the single most important thing you can ever learn...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #30
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Ummmm okay. Sounds to me like you're unsure of what it acutally means to be supporter of the confederacy. Figured you would have some concise thoughts/feelings on it. When I claim to support something, I could provide more than a single world explanation with a footnote that says "if you don't know, you should learn." Man, if everything in life was that easy.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
american, boat, derek, derick, floats, history, johnny, jonny, man, monologes, monologue, monologues, quotewhatever, rebel, song, songs, white