BBQ lovers step in side.... - Page 162 - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #1611
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
well I picked up my bbq on my lunch break.. it's nice.. you can feel it's a quality build.. i'll have to try the rotisserie.. it says it's a 2 burner stove but it has 1 in the back and and 1 on each side.. and it is the natural gas model. should be simple to install, unbolt my existing one and bolt in the new one.. i have teflon tape and pipe dope.. so.. ready for whatever..

It came with a recipe book.. one of the burger recipes has 38 ingredients to it, looks like 2 hours of prep cooking.. they all look really good. I'm going to have to try them..

The way this auction works, this business donated the bbq to the radio station, radio station does the auction... so when I told them I paid $400 for it and they laughed, said that's a smoking deal, that's below their cost, msrp on it is $999 so figure their cost is probably about $500.. it doesn't matter to them because they still get their $999 worth of advertising on the radio stations the auction people own.. My friend got a killer deal on a sprinkler system installed 2 years ago.. he paid $1200 for it, and it was valued at $3,000..
Make an un-boxing and BBQ chicken vid. You can make a steak on any grill. Good BBQ chicken is a whole different story. Flare ups, burning, cooking through, temp changes during grilling. When you make perfect BBQ chicken, you are a.....*trumpets* GRILL MASTER!

BBQ chicken is also one of my favorite grilled foods. To be precise, teriyaki marinated and good sweet molasses sauce mopped on at the end to a perfect gummy perfection. I literally just drooled.
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #1612
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

What aboot some good Caribbean jerk sauce boozer????
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #1613
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Love me some grilled jerk wings. Lawreys and I think KC Masterpiece have decent bottled stuff these days
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #1614
HRnB
Administrator

As long as it's not from a bottle. I swear by Lawrey's for most of their marinades. They are the best. But home made jerk marinade is great.
The problem with bottled jerk marinade is that fresh garlic will go bad, so they use some garlic concentrate flavor that's gross. Also, the all spice has to be either fresh or a dried powder and used within a couple days of mixing with wet ingredients. Old all spice tastes gross. Fresh lime juice, not that gross stuff from a plastic lime. Real habanero peppers.

So yeah, fresh made jerk is great. Store bought bottle is garbage. And your face is gross!
Old 03-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #1615
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

THE REAL Canadian Superstore blue label sauce is really good up here, I'm not sure if there is an equivalent in the US though
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #1616
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Love me some grilled jerk wings. Lawreys and I think KC Masterpiece have decent bottled stuff these days
Have you tried their Sesame ginger mandarin orange?

Best stuff ever!
I'll tell you one of my secret BBQ chicken methods that I get rave reviews for.
For a large group I get mostly thighs, wings and legs. I'll get a pack of breasts for the whiners.

Big 2 or 3 gallon zip lock bags.
Fill 1 with thighs, 1 with legs, etc.
Split up a whole bottle of the sesame ginger marinade into each bag
Add to each bag,
Some brown sugar
About a cup or 2 of ocean spray cran mango juice
some gloves of garlic crushed
some soy sauce, about a quarter cup to each bag.
Close it and get out the air, shake it up, and fridge over night.

When people ask what's in it, I name off ingredients in the bottle. "oh, it's got some ginger, some sesame oil, some mandarin orange juice, some mango juice, garlic, a little cranberry juice...."

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #1617
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I grilled some rib eyes yesterday.. just got it installed finally... and.. I used the cook book it came with for instructions, turn on infrared burner let heat for 1 minute, 2 minutes per side for a 1.5" steak... hmm.. tried it.. it was still completely raw at 2 minutes still raw after 4 minutes... decided to ditch that and turned that burner off and used the regular gas.. cooked up fine.. but as you might guess, the infrared burner dried it out and made it chewy because it was around 250-300 degrees in my grill with the infrared burner on.. so no sear...

Thought something was wrong, read through the instructions and the infrared is only for rotisserie on my model.. doh... oh well. I can still get a tray for putting wood chips and charcoal in there if I want to...

the rotisserie looks neat, i'll have to check it out.

oh.. and I had 0 issues with flareups.. my last steaks got so blackened they were ruined on my 50 year old grill. I think I'll go grill a couple of burgers right now.. that sounds good.

Last edited by Mishri; Yesterday at 07:37 PM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #1618
HRnB
Administrator

Even the infrared plates didn't impress me a couple grills back. But they are only made to sear. You still should grill on the normal grates. Otherwise it cooks too fast in my opinion. (for steak)

And for sure give your rotisserie a try! I do chickens, even prime rib. Once you get your grill mastered, do a prime rib, you'll be amazed.