Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #111
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Vehicle: 04 Tahoe

I forgot all about this thread, is there an update? I mean it has been a month since the last round of arguing.

Lesson to be learned here:

Do NOT under any circumstances use any service other than Paypal. I have learned the hard way as well. As they say, screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me.

To any buyer, if a seller wants to use a service with a bad rep, then what does that say about him?

To any seller, you need to put buyers at ease, the easiest way to do that is by using reputable companies that also have payment protection.

Unfortunately, it looks like David had to pay $300 to learn this lesson the hard way. I only lost $50. Oh well, live and learn right? I have told many buyers to go F themselves when they talk about Western Union or paying by check, we either meet F2F to complete the transaction, or it goes thru paypal. If they want your business, they will use PP. I heard one bitch about how long it takes to set up an account, and it literally takes 5 minutes. If 5 minutes is too long, then you obviously don't need my money, I will go elsewhere.

Just my .02, take it for what it is worth.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

ChalknCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #112
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

WOW!!! This is very entertaining....dont let it stop...

Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #113
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 SALEEN EXTREME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang View Post
WOW!!! This is very entertaining....dont let it stop...

Matthew
While it may be semi entertaining to some, it really needs to be moved to Off Topic Section.
1989 #89-0054 Dark Shadow Blue Metallic
mikebna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #114
david01130
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Saleen
Send a message via AIM to david01130

Although I stopped posting in this thread the issue was far from over. Pat never responded to my emails or anything regarding the transaction history Greendot had sent him. But more importantly I found out that the Saleen he was supposedly selling had sold sometime back in August or September and he accepted a $15k deposit on the car to supposedly buy a truck he needed. Soon later he claimed their "were problems with the saleen and wanted to get them fixed before he gave the car to the buyer". Long story short he continued to post the car for sale on craigslist and even ebay which many of you have witnessed yourself. He then claimed he canceled the bank account the $15k deposit was transferred to and now cannot trace it (therefore scamming the guy and keeping the money). At that point I believe the buyer decided to take him to court. I have been in contact with the buyer of the saleen to help him out with whatever he needs. Last I heard was he was planning to take him to court. This was about 3 weeks ago. I havent heard anything since but I will post up here when I hear what happens.

06-0981 JDM II- Livewire, 39#, HT0, extreme intake, 3.4 pulley, gates belt, Avic-D3, Elemental Designs Nine.2X amp and 2 10" subs, JBA LTs, O/R H
david01130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:46 AM   #115
saleens281guy476
BEWARE! Fraud Alert

Vehicle: 2006 saleen s281
Default here we go again....

this crap is still going, wow you all have way to much free time or there is nothing on tv right now lol

for one green dot never sent me anything in the mail for what you requested. i even called and asked for it after you did and that was over a month ago and i still haven't gotten it.

so either they are idiots which i have tried getting across to you already as well as others trying to tell you that. or it takes a few months to get to me which i find hard to believe, going with my first thought

can't send you what they won't send me and you saw online that they have a block on how far back i can see, which i didn't know about until after you told me.

also i am working on getting the saleen sold so i can pay daniel back his 10k not 15k. that deal did not work out for a few reasons, one i was going to finance him because the bank would not due to income and credit i guess.

two the insurance rate where i live now and having him as main driver with full coverage is higher then he wants or can cover. he wanted to pay no more then 600 a month. my monthly insurance is 350 a month with both of us on it when i am not even going to be driving it.

third, his work messed up way to much for my liking in paying him and many of the payments were late, not what they were suppose to be, or never showed up.

there was a 5k fee to remove the car for sale and for me to considering doing this and waiting so long to get it done only to waste my time. try financing a car like this at a credit union and you will get like 800 a month payments unless you got **** credit which at 72 will put you in the 600's

i wanted him to put 10k down and pay me two monthly payments of 600 on time so i can see he could do it without a problem, well it was a problem. that was on top of the new insane insurance rate. i use farmers who is the only one who will insure a saleen at contracted price not blue book which you can't do because it only comes back to a mustang GT

so since i used that down to buy a truck which i now have to sell that or the saleen to give him back his deposit which i have 90 days to do legally.

he wanted it back now which is understandable and i am trying my best. he got mad when he saw it on ebay which was me trying to get it sold as fast as i could to pay him back. wanted to tell him sorry it won't work for 600 a month and that i sold it already to get his money to give back. a lot easier to accept when you get paid back right then and there but didn't work out that way.

still working on selling it but it has problems right now so doing my best to get that all handled. i told him to allow me time to get it back to him but he was rude to me when i was trying to do him a favor in even considering financing him when a bank wouldn't

this has zero to do with the other green dot bull s. but hey i thought since i got an email sent to me with a thread update i would clear the air here, again

have a good one guys

PS: even if he does sue me all they will do it order me to pay it back. by the time it goes to court in like what 3 or more months, i will pay him back so it will work itself out either way
saleens281guy476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #116
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Saleen S281SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleens281guy476 View Post
also i am working on getting the saleen sold so i can pay daniel back his 10k not 15k. that deal did not work out for a few reasons, one i was going to finance him because the bank would not due to income and credit i guess.

**** I don't understand this. You took the money, but kept the car? ****

two the insurance rate where i live now and having him as main driver with full coverage is higher then he wants or can cover. he wanted to pay no more then 600 a month. my monthly insurance is 350 a month with both of us on it when i am not even going to be driving it.

**** You sold the car, but still have it insured in your name? Why? ****

third, his work messed up way to much for my liking in paying him and many of the payments were late, not what they were suppose to be, or never showed up. ****

**** Did you sell the car on a lay away plan? Most people get the car even when they are making payments on it. If they default on payments, you then can legally reposses the car and not worry paying the money back. Why would you put yourself in such a strange position? ****

there was a 5k fee to remove the car for sale and for me to considering doing this and waiting so long to get it done only to waste my time. try financing a car like this at a credit union and you will get like 800 a month payments unless you got **** credit which at 72 will put you in the 600's

i wanted him to put 10k down and pay me two monthly payments of 600 on time so i can see he could do it without a problem, well it was a problem. that was on top of the new insane insurance rate. i use farmers who is the only one who will insure a saleen at contracted price not blue book which you can't do because it only comes back to a mustang GT

**** Where did you sell this car where you need to pay such high fees to sell it or take it off the block? Sounds crazy to me. You say he could of gone with a worse scenario of paying 800 a month, but it sounds like you are charging him 1200 a month. Maybe you are including the inurance? This whole thing jut sounds suspect. ****

so since i used that down to buy a truck which i now have to sell that or the saleen to give him back his deposit which i have 90 days to do legally.

**** Legally? Nothing about this transaction sounds legal. ****

he wanted it back now which is understandable and i am trying my best. he got mad when he saw it on ebay which was me trying to get it sold as fast as i could to pay him back. wanted to tell him sorry it won't work for 600 a month and that i sold it already to get his money to give back. a lot easier to accept when you get paid back right then and there but didn't work out that way.

**** I would be mad too if you sold a car that I already put a deposit on and made payments, late or otherwise. Why does this surprise you? I don't think you selling the car is legal at this point. ****

still working on selling it but it has problems right now so doing my best to get that all handled. i told him to allow me time to get it back to him but he was rude to me when i was trying to do him a favor in even considering financing him when a bank wouldn't

this has zero to do with the other green dot bull s. but hey i thought since i got an email sent to me with a thread update i would clear the air here, again

have a good one guys

PS: even if he does sue me all they will do it order me to pay it back. by the time it goes to court in like what 3 or more months, i will pay him back so it will work itself out either way
**** This will probably drag out for a year or two and cost both of you around 5K or more, of course the loser will get stuck with the legal fees, but I guess it's just another 10k for you... no sweat right? ****
Werecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #117
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Why does saleens281guy476 remind me of the Shamwow?
LovinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #118
saleens281guy476
BEWARE! Fraud Alert

1. i was getting the paint work fixed on it when he gave me the deposit. he was also out of the state and had to wait a bit which is why he didn't get the car right away.

2.apparently you don't know how financing a car works, especially if its in house finance. when financing you have to have full coverage on a car to cover both parties. also i need to remain on the reg. and insurance until he pays it off and i sign it over to him as legal full new owner. if i am not on the insurance then i get a letter in the mail from the dmv saying "get insurance or we void your registration".

3. no it was not on lay away, for a car this expensive i wasn't just going to let it go on good faith, especially to someone who might take it out of state. it was security on my part to make sure all would go well on payments and i found that they wouldn't ahead of time. also i know i can repo it if i don't get paid but why go that far with it if i already see that coming? hell it would have been taken from him within the first 3 payments so i am glad i did that little pre test.

4.the 5k was my fee and added to the deposit for me to consider financing a guy i don't know for one, a guy who a bank wouldn't cover for two, as well as giving him a payment well bellow what he would pay if he went thought a bank.

a bank would have asked for the same thing and if he had perfect credit which he didn't he would have had a payment of around what i originally quoted him of 600. but my insurance rate went up due to my new location and it made it so he can't do it now. i am not going to pay the insurance and it was only 150 a month making his payment like 450 so combined it was 600. now my rate is 250 for just me and 350 for him and i and that makes it 800 a month for him and he won't do that, see what i am saying?

5.well legally i have 90 days to give him his 10k back but it will prob be sooner then that. i am working on a deal now. unlike the green dot issue this one is mine and i am fixing it and i admit to it and not trying to make excuses or trying to steal his money

6.i tried selling the car so when i told him it wont work i would have his refund in hand to give back making it easier to take. hell i wouldn't want to wait so i tried making it so he wouldn't have to but that buyer from florida flaked on ebay but still trying to sell it.

7.it won't drag on for a year and won't cost anyone anything more, it will resolve itself soon and before anything legal happens.

hope that clears up what you were asking and wondering from above

Last edited by saleens281guy476; 01-24-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #119
Werecow
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Saleen S281SC

Quote:
1. 2.apparently you don't know how financing a car works, especially if its in house finance. when financing you have to have full coverage on a car to cover both parties. also i need to remain on the reg. and insurance until he pays it off and i sign it over to him as legal full new owner. if i am not on the insurance then i get a letter in the mail from the dmv saying "get insurance or we void your registration".
This is only true if you don't own your car. Meaning, you are making payments on it and the bank holds the slip. If you are selling a car, the only thing that needs to remain in your name is the title. Anyone can be on the registration and insurance for the car. I live in Ca and have done in house financing before. I have even bought a car cash from a dealership, titled in my name and had the registration put in someone elses name and they insured it. I had no requirment to do so. Now if the bank holds the slip on your car, that is a whole new ball game.

Quote:
This is not true either as I have my car insured by Gieco as a Saleen with the correct value associated to it. Granted it takes a bit more effort, but it can be done. My last Saleen was insured by State Farm as a Saleen as well. I am sure others have insurance other than Farmers. Most comapnies will insure a car at a given value, but it costs more. You just need to be aware of what you are getting for your insurance money, no matter what you are getting insured for.
Werecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #120
saleens281guy476
BEWARE! Fraud Alert

Default respose

the title is coming still but its paid off. insurance companies report to the DMV and if you don't pay for insurance and it expires the DMV knows and sends you out a letter which says "your registration will expire unless you add insurance"

so i have to insure it and i use farmers who covers it for purchase price which was 55,000 and its around 1500 every 6 months for just myself as driver

i have tried other insurance companies and they won't do value coverage and only offer coverage for what the vin pulls up so only as a GT mustang, sucks

i have been in car sales for 6+ years and have managed an in house car lot and have done financing. i want it 100% covered for him or anyone he might let drive it which does happen so with him as 2nd its around 350 a month!!!

it will be to expensive anywhere i go so its not me backing out and trying to keep his money. its the new rate making the monthly payment too high for him to pay on top of not being able to make the payments on time.

his work has screwed up his pay to much for my liking and my insurance is to high for his liking so it wont work.

i didn't have to explain all this and to justify my actions but i thought i would on good faith. i have now done that and not going to argue back and fourth on it.

whats done is done and i am working on fixing it.

this also has zero to do with this whole subject on this thread which in itself is just a big merry-go-round of BS which should have died already.

i have tried to clear my name and explain how stupid green dot is only to get shut down and attacked and accused more and more so yea

just wanted to pop in and clear up that other accusation made .

have a good night
Old 01-24-2010, 08:19 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
00, 2006, 427r, 476, billit, bumper, ca, craigslist, craigslistorg, grill, gt, mustang, numbers, roush, sac, sale, saleen, trade