Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

What fish to get next? MISSING FISH RE-APPEARS!!!!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #161
Aquaman69
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 71 Baracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
.... i said Sid Fishcous up there ^

???*taps mic* this thing must be broken.
I lolled.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

www dot Seth Macfarlane can suck it dot com!
hope seth isn't afraid of starfish, or he's gunna be petty freaked out the next time he goes to the beach!
Aquaman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #162
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

lots of boring colored fish in there.

I have clown loaches and bala sharks. I might take pics if I'm feeling generous...

I like your fake plants and woody.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #163
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Redfire GT Vert

I just set my tank back up myself:

Click for big!

Still gotta do some stuff like get a lot more fish, plants, background, etc. I've only just gotten it back together. Contrary to what it says on the tank, no piranhas this time. Doing some tetra schools.
1997 Mustang GT - GONE!
AJ06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #164
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Vehicle: .

skar: you should get a toy mustang and put in your pool. you can paint it to look all rusted in sich. make it an s-197 so all the 197 people will be all like "fish-197 bros!"

Last edited by simpsonfan13; 08-13-2014 at 10:36 PM.
simpsonfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #165
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

That's a good idea, Simpson. Then have a dead hooker hanging out of the trunk and Ted Kennedy on top of the aquarium drinking a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

...too soon?

Ok, just go with Simpson's idea.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #166
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

You guys are boring. Cichlids are where it's at.

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #167
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah, african lake cichlids are awesome. I would have gotten them but they eat most plants and I did a planted aquarium.

@AJ06GT Are those the cheap Hang on the back filters you get at wal-mart? if so they do very little, the filter pads only get water through the very top of them, they don't properly filter.

this is what you want: Click the image to open in full size.

It pumps water in at the bottom, and forces it up through your filter media. They work 100x better.

And this is what I'm using:

Click the image to open in full size.

works really well, but it's much harder to clean than the HOB filters.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
Quote:
Old 08-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #168
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Yep, I had a similar filter on my old 55 that had cichlids

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #169
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
yeah, african lake cichlids are awesome. I would have gotten them but they eat most plants and I did a planted aquarium.

@AJ06GT Are those the cheap Hang on the back filters you get at wal-mart? if so they do very little, the filter pads only get water through the very top of them, they don't properly filter.

this is what you want:

It pumps water in at the bottom, and forces it up through your filter media. They work 100x better.

And this is what I'm using:

works really well, but it's much harder to clean than the HOB filters.
They are Emperor 400s, I don't know if they have them at walmart or not but they work fairly well for what I need them for. I don't use their filter media, I run my own, and they have 2 biowheels each for wet/dry bio filtering. The ACs are nice though. I may put one of those on my secondary tank whenever I get it set up. If you notice the green tubing though, that's going to my Eheim 2128 canister underneath.
1997 Mustang GT - GONE!

Last edited by AJ06GT; 08-14-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #170
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yeah eheim 2128 should be all you need.. what is the purpose of the powerhead? If you were doing a reef aquarium I could see the need for the water movement, but most fish do fine with little water movement... I'm not a big fan/believer of the bio wheels.

How big is the tank? looks like a 80-100gal tall. or is my perspective way off and its a 55 gal?

I have a 75 gallon, same height/length as a 55 gal, just wider... better for reefs which is what I originally bought it for.

here is an old pic:

I have bala sharks now.. and no more neons... This was 4 years ago, the clown loaches are huge now. I've never known anyone who has kept a neon tetra for more than 3 years... which is the longest I've ever had one. around 2-3 years seems to be the max despite some claims. Nothing wrong with water quality or stress or disease, they just seem to have short life spans.

If you are looking for fish for long term Clown loaches are pretty and live a long time, 15+ years. Someday I'd like to do discuss...

Quote:

Last edited by Mishri; 08-14-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #171
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

It's actually a 125 gallon. The Eheim itself wouldn't provide enough turnover in the tank for that much capacity. I mainly use the HOBs as bio filtration and surface agitation and leave the Eheim as mostly mechanical. With the two Emps I have 4 decent sized biowheels and I think they lend themselves well to being a piece of the puzzle. Obviously I wouldn't use them as my only biofiltration, but in addition to some ceramic rings in the Emps and one of the baskets in the Eheim, I feel my bio-filtration is very strong. I haven't measured even the slightest bit of ammonia or nitrite since the cycle completed. We'll see how it keeps up as I increase the bio load though. I plan on fairly heavily stocking the tank as long as the filtration can keep up (and I stay committed enough to do the necessary water changes to keep the nitrate down).

The power head is helpful for keeping extra movement in the water to keep the sand clean for one. That and the black neon's in particular like to swim in the current. Tetras aren't known for loving too high of a current, but with the size of the tank the power head on one end and the Eheim spray bar on the other give enough to keep the doo-doo from piling up in the sand, but still leave enough calm areas for them to be fine. The power head is on the timer with my lights too, so at night the currents are down for sleeping.

Right now I'm in an apartment, so I'm not doing too permanent of a set up to want super long lasting fish. That and I wanted to build schools this time rather than a handful of larger fish. I've got a ways to go before I get some good schools going, but I bought out all the cardinals for now. My pleco is my only long term resident at the moment. A discus tank would be pretty cool. I've considered doing one myself some day.
1997 Mustang GT - GONE!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement