Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT

You want to talk about a scam...the older I get the more I realize that LIFE is a scam. Take college for example. Kids today come out of college owing small mortgages. They are so far in debt and the economy is so bad they will never be able to re-pay it. Not to mention the foolish classes that are being taught like "The history of rock and roll". My daughter's student loan payment is somewhere in the area of $800 per month for the next ten years. These so called brainiac college professors are feathering themselves a nice nest egg at the expense of today's youth and our failing economy. How about doctors who triple book patients for the same time slot. How come a school bus driver needs to wear a seat belt but the 60 kids riding behind her don't? Yet if these same kids are in a car they need a special car seat...Should I continue? How about radio ads that offer a FREE roof inspection on your home. Do you really think that they are going to take the time to drive to your house, inspect your roof and say "Gee, everything looks good up there". They're gonna find something wrong no matter how slight. When you really analyze life, you eventually learn that most everything is just an attempt to separate you from your money!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2007 GT..GT500 Conversion..Trufiber Venom II S/S Hood..20" Alcoa S/S Wheels..CDC Ducktail..Smoked Corners..Pewter S/S Stripe..Steeda Sport Springs..Tokico D-Specs..8" Shorty Antenna..35% Tint..4:10's..Roush/Hurst Short Throw..CDC Sequentials..Shelby GTA Mufflers.
ptaylor_9849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneM View Post
. . . and were set to take it out of my account Monday
Just one of the reasons why you should never authorize direct payment to pay for things, especially if the amount to be paid is subject to change with little notice.

Norm
'01 Maxima 20AE/5MT (other spare)

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 06-07-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 CO Boss 302 #0333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849 View Post
You want to talk about a scam...the older I get the more I realize that LIFE is a scam. Take college for example. Kids today come out of college owing small mortgages. They are so far in debt and the economy is so bad they will never be able to re-pay it. Not to mention the foolish classes that are being taught like "The history of rock and roll". My daughter's student loan payment is somewhere in the area of $800 per month for the next ten years. These so called brainiac college professors are feathering themselves a nice nest egg at the expense of today's youth and our failing economy. How about doctors who triple book patients for the same time slot. How come a school bus driver needs to wear a seat belt but the 60 kids riding behind her don't? Yet if these same kids are in a car they need a special car seat...Should I continue? How about radio ads that offer a FREE roof inspection on your home. Do you really think that they are going to take the time to drive to your house, inspect your roof and say "Gee, everything looks good up there". They're gonna find something wrong no matter how slight. When you really analyze life, you eventually learn that most everything is just an attempt to separate you from your money!
Dude dont get me started on student loans, I more than a small mortgage in those things.
2012 Boss 302 Competition Orange with Recaros #0333

ShaneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AU2BOT

Why do you think these insurance all have such lower rates , wait till you have file a claim and try and get it your car fixed, a hassle for them to pay your claim and higher rates on you!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...in-blue-s.html
AU2BOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang Coupe 5sp

so glad I have a full ride all the way through anesthesia school ......bc my insurance RAPES me .....
21 y/o 1 accident not even at fault v6 mustang $248 per month and I shopped around like crazy.....that's the cheapest I could find by more than 100 dollars!!

8000k HID's
Dual GT Mufflers and Custom H
GT500 Rear Lower Valence
Fog lights
Eibach Pro-Kit
18x10 Black FR500's at all four corners:
275/40/18 F & 285/40/18 R
Kona6Stang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

I keep telling you guys that GEICO is the worse!!
No so much in policy handling (they all do that) but in case of a claim and if you're not a policy holder with them, it's even worse.

I wish I could apply with USAA but I don't fit their criteria.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #17
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 CO Boss 302 #0333

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GT2NV View Post
Why do you think these insurance all have such lower rates , wait till you have file a claim and try and get it your car fixed, a hassle for them to pay your claim and higher rates on you!
Given my age (36) and driving record, the rates shouuld be low. the wife backed into a trailer hitch on a truck and got her bumper tagged on one of those corners where you can't see aroudn a retaining wall without pulling up a bit in the same month. so in what 17 years of driving we had 2 accidents and a couple comp not at fault claims. i hardly think that makes us high risk.
2012 Boss 302 Competition Orange with Recaros #0333

ShaneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AU2BOT

Quote:
Given my age (36) and driving record, the rates shouuld be low. the wife backed into a trailer hitch on a truck and got her bumper tagged on one of those corners where you can't see aroudn a retaining wall without pulling up a bit in the same month. so in what 17 years of driving we had 2 accidents and a couple comp not at fault claims. i hardly think that makes us high risk.
It's all for the bottom line, they could care squat about anyone !!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...in-blue-s.html
AU2BOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #19
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
They did you a favor, in my book...
Forced you to go to another carrier for a bit cheaper.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT
Send a message via Yahoo to Unleashedbeast

Geico canceled my mother's insurance she had with them in 1986 due to a minor fender bender which was only 900.00 in repairs. I'm sure 900.00 was a lot more money then than now, but it was the first and only claim made on the policy. Their excuse to cancel, "Mamn, since you and your military husband divorced you are non military and no longer qualify to have a policy with us." WTF?

Long story short, they paid the claim, dropped her...and she has been with Allstate ever since. May I add that Allstate has taken very good care of us during the years. Geico can suck it and will never get another dollar from our family.

Now that I am older (34) I too am with Allstate and will never take my business elsewhere unless poor customer service happens with them as well.

2007+ Shelby GT500 UOA thread | 2012+ Boss 302 UOA Thread | 2011+ GT UOA Thread
Unleashedbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
balls, black, blue, ga, geico, hate, insurance, months, premium, problems, rear, spoilers, sucks, total, woodstock