Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Geico sucks massive flaming, pustulating donkey balls

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #41
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
a1kemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
well tell them that is taken already and they arent going to get it!
Yup!!! that's for sure!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Silver Mustang Registry #1185
Roush Front Fascias, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush Rear Wing, Roush Louvers, Roush Strut Tower Brace, Nine Bar Grille, 15% Llumar Tint, SLP Loudmouths, Nitto 555 285/40/18R & 255/45/18F on Black 18" FR500's, FRPP 4.10, BBK CAI, 93 Brenspeed Tune, 5spd Automatic

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"
alkemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #42
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 mustang GT coupe

Insurance companies are there for you until you need them! they are eager to rape you for your money but give you hell if you need them to "insure you'". I had geico for 1 term and never went back again.
C&L cai with CR/am tune
18'' bullitt style wheels
MGW SHIFTER
SELLING GT takeoff muffs
FRPP 3.73s next..
gipht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #43
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

The Google ads on the forum pages key on words in the thread, so we have GEICO ads appearing. Somehow I do not think they are going to get much business from those viewing this thread.

Fancy a crisp to go with those massive, flaming, pustulating donkey *****?
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

If you pursue perfection, you will never attain your goal. You may, however, achieve excellence.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #44
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT Premium 5.0

Have 4 claims within a couple years and you're going to get your rates jacked up or canceled outright. Doesn't matter who you're insured with. GEICO has some of the better rates around but the key to keeping those rates is to stay out of accidents and avoid getting chargeable moving violations.

$544/6mo for my 2010 GT and my wife's 04 Matrix. Full coverage on both.
$320/yr for my 08 SuperGlide.
GEICO

I had light hail damage claim last year on my truck and the Toyota. No increase in rates.

If they start jacking my rates, I'll go somewhere else. I had American Family for over 20 years and saved nearly 50% going to GEICO last year.
jhawkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #45
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: '09 Mustang GT Premium 5spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterWolf View Post
Me and my girl have USAA their great! And they even do car loans too.
My wife and I have USAA and I financed my Mustang through them. We even get rebate checks from them every year if we are claim free for the previous year.

The highlights: CDC Shaker|C&L CAI|Bama Custom Tune|FRPP Hot Rod Cams|Kooks LT Headers|Kooks H-Pipe w/High Flow Cats|FlowMaster American Thunder Axle Backs|FRPP Custom Valve Covers|FRPP K Springs|Tokico D-Spec Shocks/Struts|A butt load of apperance mods
SMR #0826|Silver Bullitt Car Domain
D'prived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #46
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT

one word of caution with USAA, a co-worker of mine was with them for many years, then after having to have his front windshield replaced 4 times in 3 years, due to cracks and chips it would not pass inspection, USAA sent investigator out to check up on him, and gave him a hard time about paying him for the windshields.
dagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #47
Rebel11983

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamore View Post
one word of caution with USAA, a co-worker of mine was with them for many years, then after having to have his front windshield replaced 4 times in 3 years, due to cracks and chips it would not pass inspection, USAA sent investigator out to check up on him, and gave him a hard time about paying him for the windshields.
Not sure of all the details, but I can imagine that any Insurance company would be questioning of a situation like this. All USAA members are shareholders in the company, and you receive a check every year of your share of the profits made from the business side (usually 13-15 bucks or so, but still.) No matter how awesome they are, and they are, they are still a bank, and have to make sure the person is not committing fraud to protect all of the members/shareholders and I'm glad they do.
When I deployed to Iraq they dropped the interest on my Credit card to 0%, and seeing as I had very intermittent internet access, they forgave any late payments. When I forgot to pay the minimum one month on the credit card balance after returning stateside, they called me before applying penalties to offer me the chance to pay it before hitting me with late fees. I've been out of the military for a year and a half and they still insist on calling me by my former rank as a matter of respect(even when I remind them almost every call that I am no longer in the military, heh.) USAA is awesome, and I totally recommend anyone who is eligible to at least check them out. /end USAA a**kissing.

Past 'Stang - Torch Red 2004 Mustang GT Premium 40th Ann. Edition.
Rebel11983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #48
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 mustang

my mother works at the post office. Would I qualify?
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #49
Blue GT Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Has anyone checked into insuring our cars as collectables with Grundy,Hagerty,Heacock, etc.They will insure them with agreed value coverage so in the event of a total you are not at the mercy of an adjuster with low ball used car values. The only downside usually is you must have another car for a daily driver, keep you Mustang garaged and you can't use the Mustang for daily transportation to work. Otherwise no limitations. I know this wouldn't be for everyone, but it is another alternative and usually very reasonable rates.
Blue GT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #50
Rebel11983

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop View Post
my mother works at the post office. Would I qualify?
Here is the abbreviated eligibility list as per USAA's website - https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/...s_usaa_for_you

-Active military includes:

* Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military. This also includes those serving in the Selected Reserve and federally recognized National Guard components of the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
* Cadets/midshipmen at the U.S. service academies

-Military veterans with an Honorable Discharge.

-Spouses/Widows of current/former USAA Members

-Individuals at least 18 years of age whose parents are or were USAA members

As per the above list, I don't believe Federal/State employees are eligible, unless through previous Military service. Be aware that if your parents were in the military and you want to join, you will likely need to supply USAA with proof of their service in the form a DD214 form, which is a certificate of discharge from active duty unless they are current/former USAA members.

Past 'Stang - Torch Red 2004 Mustang GT Premium 40th Ann. Edition.
Rebel11983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #51
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, Ford, Mustang Convertible V-6

I have my own Allstate story to tell. I had been a loyal customer for 25 consecutive years and my father was a retired agent. So you'd like that I should get some sort of benefit of the doubt, right? Within a single year, my car was broken into and then stolen. (Not my Stang, thankfully). They decided to run a full "investigation" because obviously I must be running some sort of insurance scam, right? To my complete surprise, my car was recovered, but it was stripped, trashed, and reeked of weed. They insisted that I take the car back instead of calling it a total because it was $500 cheaper for them to repair. As it turns out, the car cost a fortune to repair because they had to find all sorts of obscure parts to restore it. They probably spent several thousands more than if they'd just totaled it. Karma? I think so. But my car reeked of weed for months after that. Believe me, I stayed within the posted speed limits when I drove it.

2008 V6 auto convertible. Go: GT duals/custom H pipe, front and rear GT sways/poly bushings, Brenspeed tune and CAI. Show: Blackout panel, painted mirror caps, 17" Bullitt rims and Pirelli Pzeros, GT front bumper.
atldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #52
Miller2
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT

$185/mo is not good. I pay $111/mo for 3 cars a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited, 2002 Ford F150 FX4 and a 2006 Mustang GT. I use Travelers. I have not been able to find anything less expensive for the last 10 yrs.
Miller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #53
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 mustang

what is travelers?
v6motorheadftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #54
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

$220 per month for my '05 with State Farm(was $275/mth at one point)

Don't get me started on insurance companies
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #55
UPRDanielle

Vehicle: 1997

I have State Farm, and I haven't had too much trouble with them. Been with them for 7 years now, Have Full Coverage on my 97 Cobra and I am paying $69/month (granted I have a multi car family discount).

Back when I was 19, I was hit head on by a teenager, and technically I wasn't covered (I lost my job, so my parents were paying my insurance...2 months in a row checks from both mom and dad were sent back) so at first they didn't want to cover my accident. But with a little bit of convincing from the lawyer, State Farm did their part and gave me $10,200 for a truck I had bought 6 months previous (from the dealer) for $9k out the door.

Maybe I just had luck with my coverage...?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #56
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller2 View Post
$185/mo is not good. I pay $111/mo for 3 cars a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited, 2002 Ford F150 FX4 and a 2006 Mustang GT. I use Travelers. I have not been able to find anything less expensive for the last 10 yrs.
I think my mom uses Traveler's and is really happy and pays pretty low rates with good coverage
Old 06-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #57
Miller2
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT

what is travelers?

http://www.travelers.com/
Miller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #58
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Been with USAA for 7 years or so now and highly recommend them. I pay less than $140/month for two cars.

I totalled a Mazda6 rental car in 2008 while on vacation and didn't have to pay a cent out of pocket, nor did my rates go up.

Other than that, neither my wife nor I have ever had an at fault accident though.

Great company with great customer service.

Quote:
Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.
S197steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #59
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Boss 302

Ah insurance . . . at what point did we start calling them car insurance companies and stop calling them the mafia? We pay each month for their protection in the event something happens . . . and we MUST have it.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #60
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to deekum1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneM View Post
Man i F'in hate GEICO! So was all defending Geico a few months back when i had my 05 vert and the car was vandalized and they paid out $6K in repairs without any issues. Last year my wife got in two minor fender benders, they paid out less than 2K total in all. We pay $185 for my new stang and her new 10 Edge. We pay a total of $185 monthly right now total for excellent coverage with Geico.

i get this letter in the mail from them today saying my policy is terminated, 7 DAYS before it is set to renew. I call them up to see what the deal is and they tell me, well it's not cancelled but because of the claim you filed this month on your mustang we had to move you into our higher rate class. I said what claim? I called to ASK THE F'ING PROCEEDUR IF I WANTED TO FILE THE CLAIM and what i should do, NOT TO FILE A CLAIM. i told the lady i talked to no less than 3 times that i only wanted information on what to do not to file a claim, like any insurance agent would offer you. they instead filed it as a claim, used that claim filing, that they paid nothing out on, to decide I needed to be in a high risk group. They wanted to charge me $590 PER MONTH for my insurance and were set to take it out of my account Monday, 7 days notice to add $400 a month to my rates. WTF!

i called up All State, who offered me my $185 monthly rate for both cars and switched within an hour of talking to those a holes. If you are with Geico, I suggest you shop around and soon. They are a bunch of crooks.

wow sorry to hear man this really sucks i have geico and i and love them so far i have a clean history to (knock on wood) but glad you got the same payments else where.
deekum1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
balls, black, blue, ga, geico, hate, insurance, months, premium, problems, rear, spoilers, sucks, total, woodstock