MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Geico sucks massive flaming, pustulating donkey balls (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic/604544-geico-sucks-massive-flaming-pustulating-donkey-balls.html)

ShaneM 06-07-2010 03:41 PM

Geico sucks massive flaming, pustulating donkey balls

Man i F'in hate GEICO! So was all defending Geico a few months back when i had my 05 vert and the car was vandalized and they paid out $6K in repairs without any issues. Last year my wife got in two minor fender benders, they paid out less than 2K total in all. We pay $185 for my new stang and her new 10 Edge. We pay a total of $185 monthly right now total for excellent coverage with Geico.

i get this letter in the mail from them today saying my policy is terminated, 7 DAYS before it is set to renew. I call them up to see what the deal is and they tell me, well it's not cancelled but because of the claim you filed this month on your mustang we had to move you into our higher rate class. I said what claim? I called to ASK THE F'ING PROCEEDUR IF I WANTED TO FILE THE CLAIM and what i should do, NOT TO FILE A CLAIM. i told the lady i talked to no less than 3 times that i only wanted information on what to do not to file a claim, like any insurance agent would offer you. they instead filed it as a claim, used that claim filing, that they paid nothing out on, to decide I needed to be in a high risk group. They wanted to charge me $590 PER MONTH for my insurance and were set to take it out of my account Monday, 7 days notice to add $400 a month to my rates. WTF!

i called up All State, who offered me my $185 monthly rate for both cars and switched within an hour of talking to those a holes. If you are with Geico, I suggest you shop around and soon. They are a bunch of crooks.

2005Redfire6 06-07-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneM (Post 7044946)
Man i F'in hate GEICO! So was all defending Geico a few months back when i had my 05 vert and the car was vandalized and they paid out $6K in repairs without any issues. Last year my wife got in two minor fender benders, they paid out less than 2K total in all. We pay $185 for my new stang and her new 10 Edge. We pay a total of $185 monthly right now total for excellent coverage with Geico.

i get this letter in the mail from them today saying my policy is terminated, 7 DAYS before it is set to renew. I call them up to see what the deal is and they tell me, well it's not cancelled but because of the claim you filed this month on your mustang we had to move you into our higher rate class. I said what claim? I called to ASK THE F'ING PROCEEDUR IF I WANTED TO FILE THE CLAIM and what i should do, NOT TO FILE A CLAIM. i told the lady i talked to no less than 3 times that i only wanted information on what to do not to file a claim, like any insurance agent would offer you. they instead filed it as a claim, used that claim filing, that they paid nothing out on, to decide I needed to be in a high risk group. They wanted to charge me $590 PER MONTH for my insurance and were set to take it out of my account Monday, 7 days notice to add $400 a month to my rates. WTF!

i called up All State, who offered me my $185 monthly rate for both cars and switched within an hour of talking to those a holes. If you are with Geico, I suggest you shop around and soon. They are a bunch of crooks.

Stopped using them a few months ago... Using Cincinatti Insurance Group now.

nmd55 06-07-2010 03:58 PM

$185 a month is a good deal for two drivers. I pay that myself for a my stang and DD (toyota yaris). Ive had no claims in the last 10 years, but have gotten a bunch of speeding tickets.

hammeron 06-07-2010 04:02 PM

someone say geico? lol

ShaneM 06-07-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammeron (Post 7044986)
someone say geico? lol

Well, hello... LOL

2cokeman 06-07-2010 04:20 PM

All ins. companies are CROOKS! Not just Gieco!!

wilkinda 06-07-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cokeman (Post 7045027)
All ins. companies are CROOKS! Not just Gieco!!

Yup, i switched from Geico to Allstate. When my 6 months was up then Allstate bumped my rates $80 a month. 6 month renewal as a SCAM.

ShaneM 06-07-2010 04:41 PM

lol great... might be back at this again in 6 months. my driving record is perfect, the wife can't drive for anything.

marcuskeeler 06-07-2010 04:44 PM

But, the Gecco is soooo cute, i can't resist them...........

808muscle 06-07-2010 04:52 PM

My rule is to never tell them anything. Only make claims when absolutly needed. Its all a scam, but we have to have coverage.