Stock Dicks/Picks/Pricks - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
HRnB
Administrator

Pork bellies and soy beans.
HRnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Is your pool business publicly traded HRnB, cause I would in-vest in that
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #13
HRnB
Administrator

No, it's not. But you can buy in if you like. I like to be paid in gum.
HRnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Goldman Sachs is like...60%?
*cough inside trading cough*
mustangcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I was just reading though that list.. saw bill fleckenstein on the list.. i occasionally read his articles but it's usually full things I dont agree with along with his constant hatred of the fiat money system and a love for gold... he is only right 33% of the time
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
Jim cramer comes in at just below average.. at 47%

ppl pick on him quite a bit but i think he is about as good as most of the other experts.. meaning.. not that good. The only expert I would listen to is warren buffett.. and warren buffet follows value investing.

here is more on his investing strategy:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...782591&203x138

some other things he uses is a business difficult or very expensive to get into? airplane manufacturing, railroads.. etc fit into that. is there little or no competition? do they have a competitive advantage?

I believe OCZ being in the SSD business puts them into that category, however their debt and past performance hasn't been great..so it is a gamble.. you wont be seeing warren buffett buying this stock. but if OCZ wasn't into solid state drives I would not recommend them for certain, they would have no competitive advantage in the memory/psu market.
They lost 20 million in sales last quarter... This would indeed be quite the gamble, how do you know if SSD's don't become the next RAM/Flash Drive battle?

I'm waiting for Sprint to bottom out, probably in the next couple months. They'll have to shell out 1-2 Billion in capital to support Clearwire, or else it will go bust.

AMD also may be a good stock, their new netbook CPU/GPU kicks the **** out of Intel's Atom in almost all tests.

LUV is also always a good option. It's trading at normal rates, and with the acquisition of a competitor, the stock should go up.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Yep.. AMD is one i've been recommending for awhile.. i bought it at $2 a share and sold at $10, im thinking of picking it back up..

OCZ isn't in danger of going out of business in the next year or so.. or even coming close, they are making good sales but the profit margins on ram are so tight right now it's hard to make a profit. also, I believe their loss is related to In February 2010, OCZ divested its Hypersonic Personal Computer (PC) Systems product lines.

I'm not a fan of airlines... true, it is difficult to get into, but they also have tight profit margins like a ram manufacturer.. buying competitors isn't necessarily going to help an airline because there are so many competitors, the only way it can help is if the one they purchased was highly profitable... which usually isn't the case... and when fuel prices go up the airline either takes a hit or raises prices.. and as we saw 2 years ago with $5/gal gas they were losing money... people stopped flying it was so expensive further compounding their issue of the expensive fuel.

thats another thing warren buffett warns against.. buying into a company that relies heavily on a commodity.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Investing in hookers and crack is always a safe bet
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #19
pallidamors
Banned

buy lots of crack....

then buy baggies

sell in small amounts to crackheads

make money

buy hookers
pallidamors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #20
03_gt_woowee
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
THEY ARE CLEARLY NOT EXPERTS THEN

I have always wanted to set up one of those pretend money accounts and fool around for a while
But alas, I'm too lazy to bother
Where do you do that at? I wouldn't mind maybe practicing with some fake money. Do they use actual buisnesses and stock numbers to practice with?
03_gt_woowee is offline   Reply With Quote