Stock Dicks/Picks/Pricks - Page 7 - MustangForums.com

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #61
HRnB
Administrator

Tesla 7 years ago at 30.00 high. Today at 248.00
HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #62
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

pssshhh in those seven years I could have spent tens of thousands of dollars on liquor.....I mean I did spend tens of thousands of dollars on liquor over those seven years
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #63
crysalis_01
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
pssshhh in those seven years I could have spent tens of thousands of dollars on liquor.....I mean I did spend tens of thousands of dollars on liquor over those seven years
Pics or it didn't happen.

As far as investments go, I got all my dough buried under the tool shed.
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #64
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Tesla 7 years ago at 30.00 high. Today at 248.00

you needed to post about it in this thread to count...

Tesla... I think will eventually go bankrupt. They'll reorganize and be a boutique car maker, they'll sell high end cars.. might partner with a large manufacturer for cheaper models... in 2013, when their stock jumped up to $200 they were losing 60 million a year.. now they are losing 750 million a year, they are 18 billion in debt.. Elon Musk is looking for another round of investors.. they will continue losing money and be unable to pay their debt.. I think the main thing keeping their stock high is hopes and dreams... it might take another 10-15 years before their mountain of debt is insurmountable and investors and banks wont touch them.. but it wont take long for the stock to tank if they can't turn around their money losses within a few years. They tried scaling up production too quickly and it's just too expensive... and I don't see them making any measures bringing them to profitability. It's predicted that lithium will be in short supply starting in 2020. and prices have already tripled since 2015.

If it were me, i'd sell now if I owned it. it might go up some more.. could even hit $300 before their inevitable doom, but i wouldn't want the risk of everyone jumping ship and losing a lot of value once the news does break. could be a year from now.. could be 10 years from now.

AMD dropped to $2 a share because people thought they were going to go bankrupt. and they only have 3 billion in debt with similar revenue/income as tesla..

Last edited by Mishri; 03-14-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #65
HRnB
Administrator

I think Musk is going to purchase General Motors and Tesla will become GM's median priced electric car.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:25 PM   #66
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

looks like while i was out and about tesla did it.. announced more stock offering.. and for some reason.. the stock goes up? That's not normal.. 750 million in senior convertible notes.. and 250 million in common stock. basically adding 4 million shares. to their existing 161 million... the senior convertible notes are a bit scary.. if tesla goes bankrupt before they mature they likely will get their money back.. if it's after then they lose it all..

you might also note executives have been selling shares... nobody inside is buying..

Even with this, they will run out of cash before the end of the year...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4054...underestimated

I expect they will try to secure more lines of credit soon as well, pointing to this ability to raise capital through stock offerings. but I'm not sure they'll be able to get enough... eventually it's going to crash.. it's just too much debt and not enough income... and he doesn't have a sympathetic president/congress he could hope to help him out with some sort of green energy bail out deal, which Clinton and a democrat congress might have done.

Last edited by Mishri; 03-16-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #67
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I think articles like this are amusing..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...cts/ar-BBytmri

Deutsche bank predicts Tesla in 2018 will be cash flow positive.. based on sale of 90,000-100,000 model S's per quarter... except. the numbers don't add up.. the model x and s aren't selling that well, S is getting about 9,000 cars per quarter, X about the same, 8,700... There isn't that much demand for 70k+ vehicles..

and sale of 250,000 model 3 in 2018... also a fantasy. the model 3 will likely end up with a price tag of around 50-60k, unless you get a completely striped down model with short range and no features... and most analysts are now saying even that model will have to cost $40k if they want to be profitable at all. and at that price point, again not a lot of buyers.

Finally, Tesla can expect a reduction or possibly full cut in federal credits as Trump rolls back on cafe regulations... which is a lot of their cash going away...

Oh.. funny thing about this report.. Deutsche Bank is one of Tesla's primary creditors and was just given a bunch of convertible notes in the latest push for cash...(it's basically guaranteed money, if they go into chapter 11, the deutsche bank gets that money back before any other lenders, usually in the form of assets)

even this guy who is a green energy investor is predicting 1-2 years tops before tesla bankruptcy:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4056...-capital-raise

There is also something amusing here.. if you put $1,000 down on a model 3, and you never get it due to chapter 11.. you wont get your money back either.

You'll also find a lot of people complaining that their 10-k filing released last week was way too optimistic...

I guess within 2 years we'll see if I'm right about tesla or not.. we can just look at the sales figures.. but when people see the price points and look on paper the differences between the chevy bolt and the model 3.. I think we'll see some people asking for their $1,000 back... (a lot wont, because they simply want a Tesla and not a chevy)

Last edited by Mishri; Yesterday at 02:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #68
Gravydog316
1st Gear Member

Here in Canada, we have 25 million car & light trucks using fossil fuels;
electric: 15,000 battery-powered electric vehicles
hybrid sales last year were 23,500
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #69
HRnB
Administrator

The last time I was reading anything on Cali electric car sales, we were buying around 45% of all the electric/hybrids in the nation, lol.
Surprisingly, Texas was pretty high on the list too. The oil capital of the US, second only to Oklahomo.

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #70
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Why don't YOU buy a tesla boozer eh???? WHY DON'T YOU!

They are nice looking cars and are pretty quick from what I've seen
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote