Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
I think you dont know what you are doing and you need to trust the profesionals.. obviously if you knew what you were doing you would have done it yourself. 2 lug nuts should always be only hand tightened on the driver side rear tire on the s197 GT, it helps with wheel hop.

also.. with the KB why add nitrous just do a pulley swap? people frequently report issues trying ot run both on the 3v.. the bap is a boost a pump right like the KB BAP for your stock fuel pumps? I haven't heard of too many people needing to boost the GT500 fuel pumps.. what sort of rwhp and tq numbers are you pushing and how big is the shot of nawwwzz.

what all did they do for 8 grand? install nitrous? sounds like with your custom sound system it was a pita for them to work on it.
I know what I'm doing and could've done the install with some help, but I don't have the time, tools, or space to do it. And they didn't leave the lug nuts like that to eliminate wheel hop lol. I had a 2 hour drive back, that'd be dumb of anyone to do.

And I chose to do a small shot of nitrous on top of the blower for cooling purposes. It'd be a 35 shot, or 50 shot, at most, so nothing insane. And yes, the Boost a Pump is a KB BAP. And the GT500 fuel pumps are only good til about 600 rwhp, my goals were for more than that. My sig info is old, that is before the build.

And I will post the invoice for you to see what they did and what they charged me, and the picture shows it all.

Click the image to open in full size.

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

'05 Saleen Mustang - KB Intercooled Supercharger @ 11 PSI 458 RWHP, 4.10 gears, KB Boost-A-Pump, 60 LB injectors, custom sound system, more
Please do not advertise in sig
Saleen05797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #12
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

And trust me, the stereo did not make it a pita. The sound system was maybe a total of 5 boards bolted together to make a nice looking box, thats all. They had no trouble removing it from the car

'05 Saleen Mustang - KB Intercooled Supercharger @ 11 PSI 458 RWHP, 4.10 gears, KB Boost-A-Pump, 60 LB injectors, custom sound system, more
Please do not advertise in sig
Saleen05797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
SKAR

Vehicle: 90' Miata, 50' F47, 88' Notch

your transmission has screws?

and they were missing?

Sorry, im new to cars, that just strikes me as odd...
Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: a car

Weather you want to give OP a hard time or not that is a crap *** job on that engine. Im sorry if I own a shop take Im taking some damn pride in my work. I do not think you would see that coming from Brenspeed, Kurgan or JPC.
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen05797 View Post
And trust me, the stereo did not make it a pita. The sound system was maybe a total of 5 boards bolted together to make a nice looking box, thats all. They had no trouble removing it from the car

Why didn't you go over the damage with them when the car first got to them? that should've been the first thing you did when you got there, and had them give you a copy.

I understand your frustration, there's a place here in town that I took my car to a couple times, but once I caught on to them sucking major *** at what they do, I changed shops, couldn't be happier.

I have a hard time leaving my car with anyone, especially for heavy duty work. The only reason I did or would is because I have no room to work on mine in my apartment complex.

My reccomendation would be to find a local shop that you really DO trust, have them document everything wrong, and fix it, and then send Modular Depot the bill. If they refuse to pay, take them to court.

The new shop will easily be able to testify about what was done incorrectly and what they had to do to fix it.

2000AZ5.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #16
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

I like the line, cheap 5w30 oil.. then just above it the royal purple..

looks like they did some work on your clutch and shifter and shif tboot n such.. exhaust work, added thermostat, electric water pump, problems with the belt because you switched to an electric water pump with a KB so it's an unusual size they had to figure it out..

I must have hit some keys wrong because I came up with a total of 7226.67 - 1570 equals you owed them 5656.67

installing all of the wiring for all of those gauges isn't cheap.. the GT500 fuel pumps + fuel injectors set you back a good amount. they did rape you on the cost of the mid pipe though.. 339? those should be aorund $100 (for off-road).. it probably has cats though since most shops can't install a catless midpipe.. so.. just a waste of money anyway, but priced correctly.

i dunno looks legit to me.. engine bay is alright for a shop job.. you want some custom hidden wire job or what? have some before pics of what it looked like right before you gave it to them?

Looks like the only problem that Might be real is the tune.. which happens frequently.. especially if they were tuning it for a bit of N2o.. plus 11psi plus your headers and new injectors.. can be rough.. could try to get it tuned somewhere else and ask them to take the tuning charges off (550)

I agree with modular depot's assessment that your fuel system was incomplete for what you were wanting to do.. the fuel pumpers and bigger injectors were what you needed.

oh guess it what happened one time.. i went to drive my car after having someone switch out my drag radials and i stopped and checked the lugs and 1 on both wheels had been missed, could be hand removed.. omg.. i was freaking out.. omg. not really.. it happens. big whoop.. get pissed when they forget to put the lugs on or tighten any of them down.

and the radiator cover was causing your heat issues, they were doing you a favor.

oh looks like they also did suspension + an alignment..

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 12-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

Anybody else notice the yellow valve covers? Those rotten bastards oughta be shot for that.

srsly though, take this with you next time. It'll help ease the pain.

This one is bedazzled. Like my *********.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 12-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: a car

LMAO ^^
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

You had gauges installed.. didnt you get an wideband A/F gauge and a boost gauge installed? you can see whats going on with those.... they dont have to be on the dyno sheet...

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Vehicle: 04 Tahoe

LOL @ the cheap 5W-30, can't believe you would actually write the word cheap on the estimate. Usually, I just write the brand, and that is only some of the time. I wish I could write a estimate like that, maybe then I could go from hourly to commission...

ChalknCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
car, codes, complaints, coupon, depot, greg, llc, modular, modulardepot, owns, sucks