Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
http://www.boingboing.net/2011/06/24...olice-use.html

How dare you protest us being ********!
Lol, what a colossal waste of time.

I watched the original video of that chick's arrest...I can't say that the copper earned my seal of approval. This, whereas legal, ain't gonna help.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2011 Black on black GT/CS A6
BMR springs, LCA's, panhard, STR.Ts, GT500 AB.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Lol, what a colossal waste of time.

I watched the original video of that chick's arrest...I can't say that the copper earned my seal of approval. This, whereas legal, ain't gonna help.
You're a LEO right?

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 93 mustang lx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
who woulda thought it........a cop defending another cop

I dont think that most cops are bad when they are hired, but the nature of the work turns them into power crazed, egotistical, self-righteous morons.

Give somebody power and they usually abuse
yeah that sounds like it could be right. the cops where i live are getting over a hundred grand a year. the average that is. the rookie's might get half that, but within a few years they will have that salary. new jersey property taxes are on average over $8k grand a year like mine. my street is full of potholes. none of the cops in my town are being shot at. pretty sure the ones over in camden, and newark are making less, and they are the ones who are probably being shot at. not a fan of the teachers union anymore than the police, but they seem to single out teachers here, and put an emphasis on the budget situation on teachers. now there is probably good reason they pay the cops $100k grand, and the teachers only get $65k grand. the teachers are probably only working a little more than half if not only half of what the police are working.

i have more of a respect for the state police. they get paid the same, and sometimes even less, but they went to school for 4 years. the only reason i make over a $100k grand is because i own a business, and only have to pay myself. i'm self employed. working for someone else i cleared $50k grand a few years. before someone tells me the cops who write seat belt tickets, and harass kids for riding skateboards, and riding bikes without a light at night deserve $100k grand a year obviously they don't have to pay $8k grand a year property taxes. with that money i can finance on a brand new 5.0. i know we need to have property taxes, but it's funny in certain parts of the country people are paying $2k grand or less, and they have great school systems, good police forces, a paid fire department, streets that are repaved, and filled in when there potholes, and affordable taxes. my neighbor is 74 years old, and had to get a job, and go back to work cause his pension, and wife's social security wasn't enough to cover all their bills including their $8000 property tax bill. i've seen, and heard about 80 year old couples who have owned their houses for 50 years who can't afford it anymore. that's my rant.
1990 chevy suburban 5.7
2000 chevy cheyenne 2500 5.7
ponyponer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlistr_07RR View Post
They're enforcing a 12 inch rule. What's the big deal? That parking citation is made so people aren't hanging out in the middle of the road when they park. Big deal
You really don't see the problem with this?

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
You're a LEO right?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyponer View Post
yeah that sounds like it could be right. the cops where i live are getting over a hundred grand a year. the average that is. the rookie's might get half that, but within a few years they will have that salary. new jersey property taxes are on average over $8k grand a year like mine. my street is full of potholes. none of the cops in my town are being shot at. pretty sure the ones over in camden, and newark are making less, and they are the ones who are probably being shot at.
First off, a hundred G's, if that's true, HOLY CRAP I'm getting screwed.

Second...just because they might work in what appears to be "nicer" neighborhoods, don't assume they don't handle some real ****. Last year I was working in a "nicer" part of my county. I was hit by a car (I was NOT in a car myself) and shot at from less than 15 feet by a guy with an SKS within a 6 month period. Neither made the news, you'd be surprised at what happens in your community that you have no idea about.

2011 Black on black GT/CS A6
BMR springs, LCA's, panhard, STR.Ts, GT500 AB.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyponer View Post
yeah that sounds like it could be right. the cops where i live are getting over a hundred grand a year. the average that is. the rookie's might get half that, but within a few years they will have that salary. new jersey property taxes are on average over $8k grand a year like mine. my street is full of potholes. none of the cops in my town are being shot at. pretty sure the ones over in camden, and newark are making less, and they are the ones who are probably being shot at. not a fan of the teachers union anymore than the police, but they seem to single out teachers here, and put an emphasis on the budget situation on teachers. now there is probably good reason they pay the cops $100k grand, and the teachers only get $65k grand. the teachers are probably only working a little more than half if not only half of what the police are working.

i have more of a respect for the state police. they get paid the same, and sometimes even less, but they went to school for 4 years. the only reason i make over a $100k grand is because i own a business, and only have to pay myself. i'm self employed. working for someone else i cleared $50k grand a few years. before someone tells me the cops who write seat belt tickets, and harass kids for riding skateboards, and riding bikes without a light at night deserve $100k grand a year obviously they don't have to pay $8k grand a year property taxes. with that money i can finance on a brand new 5.0. i know we need to have property taxes, but it's funny in certain parts of the country people are paying $2k grand or less, and they have great school systems, good police forces, a paid fire department, streets that are repaved, and filled in when there potholes, and affordable taxes. my neighbor is 74 years old, and had to get a job, and go back to work cause his pension, and wife's social security wasn't enough to cover all their bills including their $8000 property tax bill. i've seen, and heard about 80 year old couples who have owned their houses for 50 years who can't afford it anymore. that's my rant.

that is why when i finally buy land it will be in Texas and i will hold allodial title for that land....none of that renting land from the govt bull****
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Vehicle: 2001, SVT, Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Graystang View Post
The big deal is that the pigs are out there enforcing petty *** citations because they know they were caught on film being dooches when instead they should be out looking for real crimes. I would rather worry about this extra 1/2 inch parking job then the gang of tards 12 blocks over ready to rob the poor kid walking down the street.... Thats not a cop that is a PIG.
Lmfao. Ahh the old "don't you have something better to be doing". No. That "gang" of kids is just a group of friends hanging out walking down the sidewalk. You want me to go harass them?
Hlistr_07RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Yes

First off, a hundred G's, if that's true, HOLY CRAP I'm getting screwed.

Second...just because they might work in what appears to be "nicer" neighborhoods, don't assume they don't handle some real ****. Last year I was working in a "nicer" part of my county. I was hit by a car (I was NOT in a car myself) and shot at from less than 15 feet by a guy with an SKS within a 6 month period. Neither made the news, you'd be surprised at what happens in your community that you have no idea about.
you're exactly right, because anything can happen anywhere. there have been serial killing in the safest communities. so i didn't mean to come off like that, and yes if you are an officer you may be underpaid. in a lot of areas police jobs are associated with low pay still. low pay for what the job is. believe i wouldn't want low pay for what it is. growing up it was always something talked about how cops don't get paid much. they were paid at or below average median salary. i think they deserve more than median don't get me wrong. new jersey is one of the most corrupt states in the country. there is a book called soprano state i have been told about. a guy i know was 25 pages in, and told me i didn't even wanna know. the most corrupt government spending, and we can account for where the money goes. the one thing that irritates me is my street is full of enough potholes i could bust a ball joint on it!

now i called up the town about this, and they told me to vote for higher property taxes come election time. there just isn't enough money in budget right now! that's what they tell me! i'm in overhead doors, and i do work for towns. dpw, firehouses, ambulance core, etc. i've put 16 new doors which the doors alone are almost $3k grand! sometimes a lot more! i've put 16 of them in some of these places, and the old doors looked, and operated fine! that shows you how good some of these towns are with their budgets.
1990 chevy suburban 5.7
Old 06-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #19
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
that is why when i finally buy land it will be in Texas and i will hold allodial title for that land....none of that renting land from the govt bull****
we don't rent land from the government, but it's just a tax for owning the house. a good buddy just moved to florida. his taxes are around $3500 hundred a year. now the house is a couple hundred square feet smaller, but florida doesn't have any state income tax. we have state income tax, we have one of the highest sales taxes at 7%, and i think florida's is too now, and the streets are in better shape! my grandparents in florida would be higher than mine cause it's on the bay, but they've lived there for so many years so they get some kinda homestead credit. if the house was sold the new owners would be paying twice if not three times more. my parents only paid $2500 a year in their house there before my dad died. i think they had a homestead credit too. actually i think theres was under $2000. now i know florida makes so much money with tourism, but still. i'm not complaining about the taxes for me, because i can afford to pay them, but people like my neighbor who is a senior couldn't before he got a job, and went back to work.

i'll use my cousin for this example. she lives in aurora colorado right outside denver. it's a suburb, and more than one year their school district was voted in the top 5 in the country! her property taxes were a little over a thousand, and i think now they're under a thousand last i talked to her! they have paid fireman, and not a volunteer force too. i love volunteer firemen, and give them a lot of credit. a lot of respect for them, but they aren't getting paid so that's more mystery money lost in budget. so it's all messed up.
1990 chevy suburban 5.7
Old 06-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #20
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

if you pay taxes on your land you do not own it.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allodial_title
florida doesnt have an income tax but their gas tax is a lot higher among other things..its about 30 cent more a gallon if i cross the border...
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
american, beat, company, county, darrin, deputies, general, herbert mooooooon, humphreys, insurance, jooish conspiracy, life, metalgear!, mypenisissuperiortoyours., powered, quartermileatatime, ring, tn, vbulletin