Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #21
pallidamors
Banned

Vehicle: 2004, pontiac, gto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlistr_07RR View Post
Who woulda thought, a cop defending someone who is writing a parking citation. I don't give a **** who they're giving it to, its legal and they're enforcing the law.
Ok yes technically its legal, but how about the fact the 99% of the time when a cop pulls over a person for speeding, running a stop sign, etc....and finds out they are also a cop they don't write them a ticket "professional courtesy"

shouldnt the police uphold the law 100% all the time................isnt that what you guys have sworn to do?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
pallidamors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Vehicle: 2001, SVT, Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
Ok yes technically its legal, but how about the fact the 99% of the time when a cop pulls over a person for speeding, running a stop sign, etc....and finds out they are also a cop they don't write them a ticket "professional courtesy"

shouldnt the police uphold the law 100% all the time................isnt that what you guys have sworn to do?
Nope. There's something called "discretion". I don't give every citizen a ticket either. What's your point? Sometimes the situation and circumstances surrounding it dictate a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT View Post
Hell, I got slammed up the poopar at 40-45 mph
Hlistr_07RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #23
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1996 Mustang Cobra

Quote:
Nope. There's something called "discretion". I don't give every citizen a ticket either. What's your point? Sometimes the situation and circumstances surrounding it dictate a warning.
oh cut the crap steve lol. I understand you're a cop and everything but come on... this is blatant harassment. Yes legal, but its still harassment.

Police in dallas are giving local drivers cowboys tickets instead of speeding tickets

Ditching the 4.6 but keeping 4 cams.
SVTeeshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #24
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
I don't give a **** who they're giving it to, its legal and they're enforcing the law.
F#ck you and your law then, mkay?
It's there for making revenues and nothing else.
That's why they don't even use cops in most of parking tickets issues.
It's a f#cking nuisance.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #25
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Yes

First off, a hundred G's, if that's true, HOLY CRAP I'm getting screwed.

Second...just because they might work in what appears to be "nicer" neighborhoods, don't assume they don't handle some real ****. Last year I was working in a "nicer" part of my county. I was hit by a car (I was NOT in a car myself) and shot at from less than 15 feet by a guy with an SKS within a 6 month period. Neither made the news, you'd be surprised at what happens in your community that you have no idea about.
i think his point was they were getting paid WAY more then the cops who deal with the trash much more often

and dont say youre getting screwed, they are paid that due to the cost of living. $8k for property tax on what, a $300k house? is crazy. granted, it isnt better out here where a house thats $200k is paying $4500 lol
65rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Vehicle: 2001, SVT, Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt View Post
oh cut the crap steve lol. I understand you're a cop and everything but come on... this is blatant harassment. Yes legal, but its still harassment.
Not any more "harassment" than going to a shopping center, driving around and ticketing every car in the fire lane. I still don't see a problem lol, they're ticketing some cars for parking violations, who gives a ****? Also, how is this proof that "more than just a minority of cops are ********" lmfao.

Now, the real question is should I go to a fair tonight, or out dranking with 4 girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT View Post
Hell, I got slammed up the poopar at 40-45 mph
Hlistr_07RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #27
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 V6 S197

Quote:
Not any more "harassment" than going to a shopping center, driving around and ticketing every car in the fire lane. I still don't see a problem lol, they're ticketing some cars for parking violations, who gives a ****? Also, how is this proof that "more than just a minority of cops are ********" lmfao.

Now, the real question is should I go to a fair tonight, or out dranking with 4 girls...

Well you don't like girls, so you should probably go to the fair to find you a nice cowboy

SCT Xcal III w. Bama 93 Race tune, K&N CAI,
Pypes mid pipe duals w. custom H, 3.73 pluss T-lok, DynoTune 75 shot wet nitrous
Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #28
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
good lord, are you just that blinded and brainwashed by your badge with your chest all puffed out in your blues or are you just that much of an idiot?

my personal opinoin is you are both.
65rangoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #29
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Vehicle: .

Steve, at least have the ***** to come out and say "Yes I DO believe that cops should be above the law"
Just remember that if you and your cop buddies keep pissing of the general population of this nation we WILL put you in your place.
simpsonfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Saleen, S281

Let's cut the crap guys. As Southland has taught us the law is not just black and white, there are many shades of grey in between. Yeah this seems a bit like harassment but if the people actually paid attention and didn't break the law they wouldnt be getting cited. Furthermore like hlistr said you dont give everyone you stop a ticket, different circumstances call for different things... the same as if you see another officer completely lose his mind and start beating an unarmed civilian you have to intervene...

Who said TV isnt good for you...
MythEyeLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:50 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
american, beat, company, county, darrin, deputies, general, herbert mooooooon, humphreys, insurance, jooish conspiracy, life, metalgear!, mypenisissuperiortoyours., powered, quartermileatatime, ring, tn, vbulletin