Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

View Poll Results: In a general election, who would you vote for?
Barrack Obama 14 17.72%
Ron Paul 47 59.49%
Thirdy Party 9 11.39%
Wouldn't Vote 9 11.39%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

The Political Politics thread: Come see my huge election!

Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #12061
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Oh you are such a funny man. I can barely hold in hysterical laughter.

I see good old Ohblowme is continuing the stellar performance of his presidency.

Click the image to open in full size.

And this doesn't even address the soldiers lives that were lost looking for the scumbag.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #12062
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Lobbyists like this is why it's so important to make sure our EPA is funded and allowed to regulate. I run my business by EPA guidelines and it's not that hard.

"refusing to drink Monsanto’s product just seconds after claiming it’s safe to do so"

http://greenpeaceblogs.org/2015/03/2...k-refuses-try/

I'm not about to say that all pesticides are bad, because there are many that work in a natural way or used in such small amounts that they are harmless. But if the production of these poisons are effecting workers making them, field workers exposed daily or building up in ground water that could be hazardous, then it needs to be regulated.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #12063
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Oh you are such a funny man. I can barely hold in hysterical laughter.

I see good old Ohblowme is continuing the stellar performance of his presidency.

And this doesn't even address the soldiers lives that were lost looking for the scumbag.
Nice diversionary try. It's still doesn't come close to Tehran Tom Cotton and the 46 other GOP traitors that may have possibly turned nuclear peace talks into more American soldiers being killed.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #12064
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Gotta love the way our current administration loves people to sign things without reading them.

EPA is a necessary agency. On the other hand some of their abuses have been legendary. Oversight with those folks is critical.

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #12065
HRnB
Administrator

Some say overreach and others say oversight. It depends on how it effects your bottom line. Mitch McConnel and the Koch brothers say the EPA is overreaching. People now with medical issues say oversight.

A buddy of mine owns an auto body shop. He's bitched a lot through the years about the EPA and how worried they are about nothing. He's had to spend money on proper ventilation, disposal of hazardous waste, etc.
He's been painting cars for since his late teens but in the past 20 years just running his company with body and paint guys doing the work. He was diagnosed with head/bone cancer last year, he's my age. He's had several operations, a huge scar on his head where they have opened him up and he has to go to chemotherapy once a week. I asked him if he feels it's because of the paint, he says it is 100% sure it is. Because other paint and body guys he knows have had similar issues.

Here's the kicker. When his son turned 14, he started having serious medical issues. For a period he would get dizzy and fall and hurt himself. It turns out he has a nervous system condition (that I can't remember the name of) and was possibly caused by high levels of lead when he was an infant or possibly even during conception. (My friend and his wife ran the shop when they were younger)I've known his son since birth and I see him occasionally. He's doing pretty good due to treatment, but does have nerve damage that can never be reversed. You wouldn't know by looking at him, but he will sometimes waking sideways because his equilibrium will have a quick hiccup. He's learned to joke it off and make fun of himself when that happens. He's not legally allow to drive a car, now 26. His g/f drives 90% of the time.
Of course like a typical American, he sued DuPont in a class action suit and will have their medical issues taken care of probably for life.

But the point is, I bet if I asked my friend (which I wouldn't because it would be really insensitive) if he would have had the availability of the safety of today's proper ventilation and paints that are lead free and made to meet certain safety standards, would he complain about the cost? I have no doubt that he would spend every penny he has to take away his son's issues.

So yeah, overreaching EPA creates awareness and the development of safer products, etc. Underfunded EPA creates oversight.
You have to ask yourself, why does Mitch McConnel want to cut EPA funding so bad or just eliminate it. I'm sure any honest person knows the answer to that.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #12066
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Lobbyists like this is why it's so important to make sure our EPA is funded and allowed to regulate. I run my business by EPA guidelines and it's not that hard.

"refusing to drink Monsanto’s product just seconds after claiming it’s safe to do so"

I'm not about to say that all pesticides are bad, because there are many that work in a natural way or used in such small amounts that they are harmless. But if the production of these poisons are effecting workers making them, field workers exposed daily or building up in ground water that could be hazardous, then it needs to be regulated.
pesticides are tightly regulated. That's actually a big part of the company my bro works for. They make devices to log how much and exactly where all pesticides are sprayed. One of their biggest accounts is a very large railroad company, since they spray all of their tracks. Those reports have to be turned into the gov't. Small farmers have to do the same thing. Small farmers spend thousands a year for the service.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #12067
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
pesticides are tightly regulated. That's actually a big part of the company my bro works for. They make devices to log how much and exactly where all pesticides are sprayed. One of their biggest accounts is a very large railroad company, since they spray all of their tracks. Those reports have to be turned into the gov't. Small farmers have to do the same thing. Small farmers spend thousands a year for the service.
That's a good thing. As long as there's no pay off corruption to sneak shiz by.
I know in my business it's a big deal and if any of the manufacturers we buy form ever tried to sneak shix past our industry they would be outed very quickly and boycotted, as they should be.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #12068
HRnB
Administrator

Add another state. Delaware! Wolf-Pac to get the money out of politics. They aren't coming for us anymore, we're coming for them.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:15 AM   #12069
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post

Corporations know there are two ways to get away with murder. (1.) Defeat legislation that stops doing what is harmful to people & the planet, & (2.) Defund the agencies that enforce what legislation does get passed. Many lives are lost every year because government does not have the manpower to enforce reasonable laws! I built homes for a few years until the bottom dropped out. Regulations were costly & a pain, but necessary. Without them some people will do anything with zero morality.

Here's one I made for my Conservative Partner in home building! His name is Dino!:

Do you attack people who make posts you don't agree with? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem Abolish lazy terms: awesome, epic, amazing, extreme, sketchy, really?, "This bad boy", & "That's what I'm talking about!"(smile)

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-27-2015 at 02:17 AM.
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:29 AM   #12070
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Until recently I probably would have disagreed with this, but not now! I'm not sure how far one of them would go just to see our Kenyan, America hating President fail! We are in uncharted waters with some of today's Republicans!

Do you attack people who make posts you don't agree with? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem Abolish lazy terms: awesome, epic, amazing, extreme, sketchy, really?, "This bad boy", & "That's what I'm talking about!"(smile)
Old 03-27-2015, 03:37 AM   #12071
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Old 03-29-2015, 01:53 PM   #12072
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Old 03-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #12073
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #12074
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Here's a recent post I put on Facebook:

Facebook is a great tool for people to use to communicate, but the practice of just "LIKING" another person's political, social or philosophical posts about important values seems like something we should not do to quickly just hitting the "LIKE BUTTON"! Of course, I get it when people "Like" a cute picture of a puppy! It's just a cute picture. We liked seeing it, but I wonder if when we so quickly "LIKE" political, social, or statements about "important values" ARE BEING CAREFUL NOT TO BECOME "SHEEPLE" who just agree without thinking through what actually has been said! I think most of us, including myself, did just that as we quickly supported our President leading us into the Attack & Occupation of Iraq! I think most in the Media, & average people like you & I wish we would have asked more questions! I think many of us "LIKED" the President striking back at the terrorists that caused 9/11! THE PROBLEM is we attacked & invaded the wrong country & killed tens of thousands who had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism! Most of them didn't even have anything to do with how their country was run by Saddam Hussein! My point is, let's not quickly "LIKE" posts without spending some time thinking about what they really mean, BECAUSE IRAN COULD BE OUR NEXT IRAQ IF WE DON'T PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT WE "LIKE"!

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #12075
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Vehicle: A Bicycle Built For Two

Jesus Christ... you need to proofread that ****. Are you drunk posting on Facebook AND here?

GO BEARS! I'm just here so I don't get fined...
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #12076
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
Jesus Christ... you need to proofread that ****. Are you drunk posting on Facebook AND here?
Glad you enjoyed it! Ah, proof reading takes too much time! LOL! Like what people post here always makes such intellectual & logical sense!

Posting on Facebook can actually affect some other person's point of view contrary to posting here. If you think about it, posting where everyone agrees with you as on a Liberal/Conservative forum, or where no one will ever alter their point of view is probably the greatest waste of time. I post on Facebook because I get feedback that shows some people actually consider a different point of view! Unfortunately most on Facebook are simply consumed with making selfies, or painting their own toe nails.

Old Today, 01:45 PM   #12077
Oxnard Montalvo
Boner Exspurt

Vehicle: 1968 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
Jesus Christ... you need to proofread that ****. Why are you drunk posting on Facebook AND here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
...when I'm on Facebook I'm simply consumed with making selfies, or painting my own toe nails...
Fixed.

Makes perfect sense now.

Last edited by Oxnard Montalvo; Today at 01:57 PM.
Oxnard Montalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:45 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
crusade, democrat, federal, government, indiana, jones, lostarc, obama 2012, paul, pay, performance, powered, president, primary, raiders, republican, romney 2012, ron, ron paul_is_old, sheep_in_ox_clothing, that girl, vbulletin, wantsmeinherbutt