Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

New season of top gear, who is watching?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #81
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Vehicle: 02 Mustang

US topgear is just trying to hard....

I want to see ALL of them review cars, not just tanner. Stop making Adam just look like a dumbass- when he was reviewing the GT40, i actually didnt want to mute the TV. and Rut has good qualities, they need to stop playing the 'unevolved caveman' character.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

NYstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #82
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 72MachOne99GT Send a message via Yahoo to 72MachOne99GT

The UK Top Gear guys might be sanctimonious ****** *minus the might part* but they get along really well. They're humor is enjoyable to a broad array of people *my parents, brother, and my wife even..have enjoyed their pranks and humor*, and their writers do a great job of coming up with random crap to fill an hour of television.

Granted, their budget is admittedly huge *literally, I've heard them admit it* but they're still very creative. I've only watched a handful and a half of US versions and something just isn't there. Maybe the predictability? I don't know.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #83
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

one more thing- STOP DOING RIPOFFS OF EVERY UK CHALLENGE!!! the frickin motorhome one pissed me off. gee, a building, a sports car with a rocket thing on top, and one that expands when parked? which version am I talking about?

Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #84
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

I'd like to see US Top Gear do an episode showcasing the history of NASCAR cars starting with the old beach racers and working their way forward. Showcasing the methods of how they would cheat in the old days would be ****.

ie. loosely wired on bumpers that would fall off at the first tap thereby dropping 70lbs of dead weight, air bladders in the fuel cell, coiled fuel lines, acid dipped body panels, chopped, channeled, ie the Banana Galaxie, Smokey Yunick could be a show unto himself. Driver controlled hydraulic suspention systems, his off-centered Chevelle, hidden nos setups; the show would practically write itself.

Another great one would be to showcase the old cars from the Indy 500. That's where innovation was really encouraged and if you had ***** big enough you could run pretty much whateverthehell you rolled off the trailer.

The Queens Bastards would do their best to mock the hell out of it but the Americans would do it justice.

***** England.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 06-28-2013 at 07:48 AM.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #85
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 72MachOne99GT Send a message via Yahoo to 72MachOne99GT

Fastback, you're suggesting they include some american oriented automotive history into their show?

Psh, gaaayyy....

I like the idea.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #86
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post
I'd like to see US Top Gear do an episode showcasing the history of NASCAR cars starting with the old beach racers and working their way forward. Showcasing the methods of how they would cheat in the old days would be ****.

ie. loosely wired on bumpers that would fall off at the first tap thereby dropping 70lbs of dead weight, air bladders in the fuel cell, coiled fuel lines, acid dipped body panels, chopped, channeled, ie the Banana Galaxie, Smokey Yunick could be a show unto himself. Driver controlled hydraulic suspention systems, his off-centered Chevelle, hidden nos setups; the show would practically write itself.

Another great one would be to showcase the old cars from the Indy 500. That's where innovation was really encouraged and if you had ***** big enough you could run pretty much whateverthehell you rolled off the trailer.

The Queens Bastards would do their best to mock the hell out of it but the Americans would do it justice.

***** England.

yea, include the pace cars...

Click the image to open in full size.

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC
daredevil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #87
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

Orrrrrr they could continue to talk about legitimate racing rather than a bunch of rednecks driving their crappy cars in a circle poorly, just a thought
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #88
steev
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbackford351 View Post

***** England.
Ha, yet when UK Top Gear did a USA road trip, they went to one of the first NASCAR tracks, talked about the history and legitimacy of the sport.

You should pull that xenophobic stick out of your ****, mate (although I think the royal family are crap and the real benefit draining scum of the UK).
steev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #89
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
Orrrrrr they could continue to talk about legitimate racing rather than a bunch of rednecks driving their crappy cars in a circle poorly, just a thought
......and real TopGear did a nascar segment a couple years ago so the US show would again be copying the real show and the US segment would probably suck because it would be about 6 minutes long with 2 commercial breaks in the process.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is “I have no interest in cars”. If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away" - Jeremy Clarkson
mph07alloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #90
steev
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph07alloy View Post
......and real TopGear did a nascar segment a couple years ago so the US show would again be copying the real show and the US segment would probably suck because it would be about 6 minutes long with 2 commercial breaks in the process.
You... I like you....

I think that's the thing people don't get about Top Gear, they really are just car enthusiasts. Opinionated, of course, but at the heart of it, they love cars.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #91
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Redfire GT Vert

Wait, US Top Gear is still on? I just assumed it would be cancelled halfway through the first season. I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode before I had to turn it off.
1997 Mustang GT - GONE!
AJ06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #92
crysalis_01
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Terminator Cobra
foxhound_01 mustang_r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ06GT View Post
Wait, US Top Gear is still on? I just assumed it would be cancelled halfway through the first season. I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode before I had to turn it off.
HAHA! Second.

They just try to rehash the UK stuff...and **** poorly at that. I would've given them more of a chance provided they at least be more original. Perhaps they have eventually, but just like the XBox One, too much damage was done too early. And even if correction have been made...I no longer care.

As to the new TG:UK new series? Hell yeah im watching it. The most entertaining (and least informative) informative auto show I watch.
-Sold-'96 Mustang-3.8L V6
"Claire"

Last edited by crysalis_01; 06-29-2013 at 02:13 PM.
crysalis_01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #93
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph07alloy View Post
hell, have them go out, buy a car built between 1955-1965, and give them the leftover budget to modify it within ASCAR spec. Then have them drive to the track and compete with amatuer racers, then drive home, like the shiners who started it did. Id watch that over "herp derp, I haz a building on mah buick"

Old 06-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #94
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

Yep. That'd work too. They could attack it from any number of angles.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #95
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYstang View Post
hell, have them go out, buy a car built between 1955-1965, and give them the leftover budget to modify it within ASCAR spec. Then have them drive to the track and compete with amatuer racers, then drive home, like the shiners who started it did. Id watch that over "herp derp, I haz a building on mah buick"
Now that is actually an idea that would hold my attention, as long as it's kept real and isn't rigged like all their other segments.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is “I have no interest in cars”. If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away" - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #96
steev
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
but just like the XBox One, too much damage was done too early. And even if correction have been made...I no longer care.
The US version isn't totally awful, and watching with an open mind, it's an ok show. Re: Xbox One, I still want one, I'm a bit mad they completely took out the digital lending and (more importantly) no need to have a game disc in after installing it, Sony and their PSN hack and removing features from the PS3 damaged them too much for me.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #97
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steev View Post
The US version isn't totally awful, and watching with an open mind, it's an ok show. Re: Xbox One, I still want one, I'm a bit mad they completely took out the digital lending and (more importantly) no need to have a game disc in after installing it, Sony and their PSN hack and removing features from the PS3 damaged them too much for me.
I have to admit that I agree with you. It can be lame but a few of the segments were legitimately good last season. It's kind of like if you are a kid and a new step dad comes along and you look for reasons to hate him, comparing him to your real dad. I think the biggest problem is US audiences have been dumbed down to the point where they are told what they want to watch and just accept it and also accept the fact that a 60 minute program is about 35% commercials, and then there's the god awful "Coming up next" previews before and after each commercial break. Have TV audiences gotten that dumb that they have to be told before a commercial break what's coming up after the break and be told after the break what they just got thru watching 4 minutes ago before the ad break? I suppose that's probably just another way to eat up time and make the actual program time shorter and save money.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #98
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Redfire GT Vert

See I don't know about the segments in the US version because I couldn't watch long enough. The biggest problem is the tools they have as hosts. I have a little respect for Tanner Foust, but the other two... I can't even stand to watch Adam Ferrara at all. It would be nice if they would be original and fill gaps perhaps. UK Top Gear does give a lot of **** to American motoring past and present and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that on US Top Gear, but I just can't get past the hosts.

I seem to be watching the new season of Top Gear backwards for some reason, so time to go finish watching the season premiere, haha.
1997 Mustang GT - GONE!
AJ06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #99
steev
2nd Gear Member

Watch the episode from tonight, fellas, but prepare for some class a patriotism
Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #100
pallidamors
Banned

Vehicle: 2004, pontiac, gto