MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Earthquake in VA! WHOA! (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic/651222-earthquake-in-va-whoa.html)

tightdogal 08-23-2011 01:18 PM

Earthquake in VA! WHOA!

Dude, I was just sitting at my desk in McLean, VA. Felt a bit of shaking...then just BOOM. The whole building just went crazy and everyone started running like crazy. Whoa.

Norm Peterson 08-23-2011 01:19 PM

East Coast earthquake

If you felt it, where were/are you and how noticeable was it?

Did you recognize it for what it was?

Norm

Alec 08-23-2011 01:26 PM

I thought it was ****ing awesome. Was sitting at my desk at work and the whole building started shaking, like I was on a message chair. Thought I was going crazy/tripping but then realized. Everyone is flipping out and cell phones are sporadically working

Blacksmoke 08-23-2011 01:31 PM

I was watching a Rebel that had got a hold of gadaffi's hat, gold necklaces, and staff looking thing and laughing and saying how he was going to give it to his dad and all of a sudden they broke in that live interview with the news of the earthquake.

I hope everyone is safe and hope the damage is not bad.
Bad earthquake damage and a big hurricane if the one on its way to the east coast hits, would mean big trouble.

I hope no one was seriously injured or killed in the earthquake.
Reports said 5.9-6.0 on the scale.
Very LARGE compared to most that hit that side of the country.
Big enough to cause bad damage to bridges etc.
Again would be BAD when you add a hurricane to the mix.
Not to mention differences in the terrain and possible much more danger in flooding.

Hopefully there is no bad damage to structures.

My prayers to everyone.

Also heard how people in D.C. felt it and caused panic thinking it was a terrorist attack with it being so close to the 10th anniversary.
I'm sure that was very frightening to those there.

HT 08-23-2011 01:31 PM

I've heard they felt it in western NC, nothing here in Clemson, SC (upstate).

Alec 08-23-2011 01:32 PM

Apparently there's a lot of flash mobs downtown Philly and gas leaks and shizz

kast1376 08-23-2011 01:34 PM

5.9?

Starter quake! ;)

Hope everyone over there is OK.

SwtPnyChick 08-23-2011 01:35 PM

I hope everyone is ok! Don't forget about aftershocks, sometimes they are worse than the real deal.

2k1gt 08-23-2011 01:48 PM

I felt it all the way down in Georgia. I thought I was going crazy at first. It wasn't hardly noticeable thought. I grew up in DC so my facebook news feed is blowing up right now.

Norm Peterson 08-23-2011 01:48 PM

A couple of minutes after the building stopped shaking here, they chased us all out for 10 - 15 minutes.

The shaking went on for several seconds - like maybe 20 or 30 - long enough to first wonder why it wasn't stopping, then realize what it was, then get up and talk to the guy in the cube across the aisle, walk over to a doorway, and watch/listen to the blinds rattling against the conference room windows. Spooky.

Norm